3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
If you go to: game\0GUI\conf inside of where your Secret Summer is installed and delete: config.rpy and config.rpyc this will get rid of the inability to keep you text speed setting.
Already played this update and deleted all files except saves. And if I did remove files you pointed out, the next update would rewrite them so it will reset once more if SuperWriter doesn't fix it between updates. The default value for text speed needs to be coded some other way that it doesn't overwrite the set value from my existing persistent file that is handled by the Renpy engine.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Ah, a new update. Still like the setting, the girls, the music, the renders.

But the game still won't save my changes to the text scrolling speed ARGHHWEADSKFJKLDHGLP WHY?
That's because it was made so.
But you can modify the conf.rpy file within the 0gui folder (i.e. game\0gui\conf\conf.rpy

Change the third line from default preferences.text_cps = 80 to #default preferences.text_cps = 80

However, I'm getting a grey screen labelled c110 when playing with Coral at almost start of Chpt. 4

Reactions: Fzoner95

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
That's because it was made so.
But you can modify the conf.rpy file within the 0gui folder (i.e. game\0gui\conf\conf.rpy
Change the third line from default preferences.text_cps = 80 to #default preferences.text_cps = 80
Thank you so much. Works just fine.
The big question is: Why include the slider in the options and then fix it by a file?
However, I'm getting a grey screen labelled c110 when playing with Coral at almost start of Chpt. 4
It's a black screen here, but yeah, the image is missing.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
The big question is: Why include the slider in the options and then fix it by a file?
Agree with you there!
Only the dev could answer that.
They even remap all keys for the console & developer screen to something else in the remap.rpy file

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
At the start of the game what is the order in what you name the characters ? like dad, wife daughter etc.. ?
Personally, I did change
1. landlord to 'father'
2. roommate coral to 'sister'
3. leanne and zoe to calling you 'brother'
4. irene to 'step mom'
5. norah to 'mother'
6. You calling her 'mom'
7. all of them called 'family'

In case you already did the changes and do not wish to restart all over.

go to console (Shift + O or F9 then select 'Console') and use the following variables:

rel_b = u'brother'
rel_f = u'father'
rel_fam = u'family'
rel_m = u'mother'
rel_s = u'sister'
rel_sm = u'step mom'

Reactions: Dependable_223

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
The Game does a pretty good job of integrating your custom relationships into the Game. In lots of Games you can set custom relationships or have a Patch, but in the End it just replaces a few words and nobody ever calls anyone anything but their Names.

Jul 7, 2018
Just pointing out a minor inconsistency. In the first meeting with Leanne, she was clean-shaven. In the scene when they were swimming at the beach she has pubic hair. I get the feel from the storyline that the story has not progressed long enough for her to regrow a full beard...

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

Agree with you there!
Only the dev could answer that.
They even remap all keys for the console & developer screen to something else in the remap.rpy file
Sorry about that, guys. I hired a GUI designer and he completely changed the code.

Just pointing out a minor inconsistency. In the first meeting with Leanne, she was clean-shaven. In the scene when they were swimming at the beach she has pubic hair. I get the feel from the storyline that the story has not progressed long enough for her to regrow a full beard...
I'll actually go back and redo that scene, along with the rest to add the new textures to the models

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Great update. The Leanne stuff was pretty good and I(and probably a lot people) could relate to her situation. The Coral stuff was fun and that Library scene was definitely unexpected, atleast for me.

My current favorites are Norah and Irene tied for number 1 but after this update Leanne might've moved up from 2nd. 2nd is now occupied by just Zoe and Coral but by the end I'd say they'll all be tied for number 1 for me with Norah probably still edging them out.

Until next time and I'm excited to see what happens next.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Great update. The Leanne stuff was pretty good and I(and probably a lot people) could relate to her situation. The Coral stuff was fun and that Library scene was definitely unexpected, atleast for me.

My current favorites are Norah and Irene tied for number 1 but after this update Leanne might've moved up from 2nd. 2nd is now occupied by just Zoe and Coral but by the end I'd say they'll all be tied for number 1 for me with Norah probably still edging them out.

Until next time and I'm excited to see what happens next.
That's really awesome that you like all the girls. And just like you, I am also team MILF ^_^

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
So, are you planning to work on 3 games at once? That'll probably be pretty hard i imagine.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes