Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
Wait. What? This game had an update!? WHEN!?
They've had a 0.4.x test build in circulation since late last year, and they have been gradually revamping artwork to be more original since then from what I can tell. They made a post on the 18th to give an update on progress I believe, but I'd stopped following it awhile ago so I don't know what it says. I was hoping someone still followed them well enough to know because I did really enjoy this game (still do). :unsure:

Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
Is it just me, or is the earlier version actually better.
I'd probably ask in what sense? If you comparing the most recent test build from last year versus the version here then yea I'd agree. That really is only due to the fact though that the last test build has a lot of bugs/errors and is still largely unfinished (it even has uncolored art in it). If you are comparing the version here to older builds I'd say no because I think the game as a whole with each release has gotten better.

The slow release pace of this game is agonizing though to say the least and I was hoping after his last poll where all the patreons voted to have quicker releases coming out more often we'd already have had a new version by now. :cautious:

Reactions: CuriousG08

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I'd probably ask in what sense? If you comparing the most recent test build from last year versus the version here then yea I'd agree. That really is only due to the fact though that the last test build has a lot of bugs/errors and is still largely unfinished (it even has uncolored art in it). If you are comparing the version here to older builds I'd say no because I think the game as a whole with each release has gotten better.

The slow release pace of this game is agonizing though to say the least and I was hoping after his last poll where all the patreons voted to have quicker releases coming out more often we'd already have had a new version by now. :cautious:
Well I mean, like the very earily versions had this retro synth ascetic [with real images that were edited], a point were you could walk around in female clothing outside, less grinding, and a few other things that have yet to be re-added.

Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
Well I mean, like the very earily versions had this retro synth ascetic [with real images that were edited], a point were you could walk around in female clothing outside, less grinding, and a few other things that have yet to be re-added.
With the exception of some of the retro real images being phased out by real artwork the rest of the stuff including female clothing outside, less grinding, extension on the secretary main plot, full hypno scenes added, and a few other things can be found in the 0.4.x test build.

Here try it for yourself:

Keep in mind there are still a lot of bugs with one of the biggest ones being the therapist meeting not circulating at times properly and leading to an eventual game over.

karolsissy

Mar 1, 2019
Even with some weird bugs, thats a great game... looking foward to the new release aaand bugfixes :)

nightlover

Mar 2, 2018
And now, we wait.
are u guys blind or didnt check...

Okay, I've fixed almost all bug reports I've got from 0.4.0.4 in this one, sans one. Somhow it might be possible to wear the plug before you got the right stats for it (memo to myself: visualise if stats are high enough if you hover over an item). Short workaround: Wait until your stats are high enough (Humiliation and Submission 2). The new version can be played [ ].

Reactions: Dartista

Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
it only been 3 months since the last update
Technically that isn't correct. If we're considering test builds (0.4 test build's first release) as updates it has been over 4 months. For an actual completed build 0.3.0.6 that doesn't have a lot of bugs it has been over 6 months now.

I'm 50/50 on the topic of update speed. On one hand it is an html game built with SugarCube and some games in the same environment see updates at least once a month with some seeing multiple updates within a single month. On the other hand the dev has started adding more original artwork to the game that he has been outsourcing to other artists so I can understand it taking a tad longer. Either way the person you quoted has reason to be a little perturbed over the update schedule of this game because it has been fairly slow. People have be far more critical on other devs for similar or even not hitting a monthly timeline for an update.

TL;DR I'd like to see it be a bit more consistency myself, but the game for me is good enough I can deal with a bit of the wait. I do think though that levying some criticism at the dev isn't out of the realm of reason for the release schedule slowness. :unsure:

Reactions: Tenenbaum

jmts16

Aug 20, 2017
For the type of game and engine, actual updates have been far too slow.
I wouldn't give them money for this kind of pacing.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes