gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
How do I get the fist inspection?

Just noticed the dev answering this over on their discord: 9001 device at max size + data storage plug

(As a side note, I'm not crazy about how much of the late progression depends on the MC giving themselves over wholeheartedly to Antlers & the company. The earlier stages offer more scope for the MC resisting and outright hating what they're doing to him.)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Huh, is it already known that the wiki is wrong on the ?
Morning after the spill event wear male clothing, when manager burns ask for remuneration.
should read 'stained shirt' instead. Also, sashkah, there's a dangling $scene.anyUnisex that should always evaluate to false as the corresponding passage will only play while fem_style.unisex hasn't been set yet, but the only way to actually wear unisex clothing then is to wear it ouside the day before, i.e. the 'voluntary' route.

sashkah

Dec 24, 2020
How do I get the fist inspection?
Combine the data storage plug with either a large hollow plug, or max size 9001 device.

Huh, is it already known that the wiki is wrong on the ?

should read 'stained shirt' instead. Also, sashkah, there's a dangling $scene.anyUnisex that should always evaluate to false as the corresponding passage will only play while fem_style.unisex hasn't been set yet, but the only way to actually wear unisex clothing then is to wear it ouside the day before, i.e. the 'voluntary' route.
Fixed the wiki.
You can wear unisex if it's the morning after the spill event, there's a ~"force yourself to wear it just for work" option that doesn't trigger the voluntary unlock.

Reactions: Hordragg

borrowed

Feb 18, 2020
how do I return prostitution barista stage 4 cause I fuck it up problem was corporate retreat was at friday and the stage 4 prostitution was at Saturday now I cant progress stage 4 how do I fix this?

sashkah

Dec 24, 2020
how do I return prostitution barista stage 4 cause I fuck it up problem was corporate retreat was at friday and the stage 4 prostitution was at Saturday now I cant progress stage 4 how do I fix this?
The prostitution capstone event is repeatable and can retrigger, just do more VIP work.

So how do you begin to lactate? Do you have to work for the doctor or is it just working at the cafe with B+ in you?
You need to be on hormones, have breasts, and have a significant milking event (the AIKO mission, or anything where you use a milking device) OR be on hormones, have breasts, and get a procedure done at the bodyshop to induce milk production.

desolatedsabers

Apr 20, 2019
You need to be on hormones, have breasts, and have a significant milking event (the AIKO mission, or anything where you use a milking device) OR be on hormones, have breasts, and get a procedure done at the bodyshop to induce milk production.
Are you sure? I've got breasts, taken the hormone treatment, and tried B+ and then used the milker, but even with all that i haven't been able to start lactating.

sashkah

Dec 24, 2020
Are you sure? I've got breasts, taken the hormone treatment, and tried B+ and then used the milker, but even with all that i haven't been able to start lactating.
Make sure you're on the latest version, B+ has nothing to do with milk, if it's still not happening I would need a save to look at.

Oct 16, 2017
Question, are all images used in the game available for only Patreon backers?
Cause I keep seeing broken image icon after broken image icon whenever I play the game.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Question, are all images used in the game available for only Patreon backers?
Cause I keep seeing broken image icon after broken image icon whenever I play the game.
A handful of video clips that were removed a while back over rights issues are yet to be replaced and a few clothing items are missing art still, but other than that it should be good. Try the online version or a fresh download, or you could try downloading a previous version from the dev's discord and copying the media folders over (without overwriting anything) and see if that helps.

Oct 16, 2017
A handful of video clips that were removed a while back over rights issues are yet to be replaced and a few clothing items are missing art still, but other than that it should be good. Try the online version or a fresh download, or you could try downloading a previous version from the dev's discord and copying the media folders over (without overwriting anything) and see if that helps.
The Gifs aren't in question, that has been explained in the game itself, so that's ok.
But almost everywhere I look in the game, there's a broken image icon, even with a fresh download from this thread's front page.
When I open the broken images in a new tab and look at the path it is looking for an image at, it leads to a path that isn't there in the image folder. The first thing that pops to mind is the cat having absolutely no images at all in the image folders.
All of these missing images make me wonder if they are purposely keeping a multitude of images away from those that don't download the game directly from their Patreon account.

Edit:
I pledged purely out of curiosity whether they were holding out on non-pledgers, turns out even the pledge version does not have cat images, and thus, most likely, also missing the other images that the game is missing. This makes me wonder if the game used to have a lot of artwork that a previous artist made for them, but when the artist stopped working for them, they decided to take with them all the artwork that they had done for the game, leaving the game riddled with all these broken image icons strewn about. But, since I couldn't get an answer from anyone on the discord, that is all just a guess, and nothing more.

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The Gifs aren't in question, that has been explained in the game itself, so that's ok.
But almost everywhere I look in the game, there's a broken image icon, even with a fresh download from this thread's front page.
When I open the broken images in a new tab and look at the path it is looking for an image at, it leads to a path that isn't there in the image folder. The first thing that pops to mind is the cat having absolutely no images at all in the image folders.
All of these missing images make me wonder if they are purposely keeping a multitude of images away from those that don't download the game directly from their Patreon account.

Edit:
I pledged purely out of curiosity whether they were holding out on non-pledgers, turns out even the pledge version does not have cat images, and thus, most likely, also missing the other images that the game is missing. This makes me wonder if the game used to have a lot of artwork that a previous artist made for them, but when the artist stopped working for them, they decided to take with them all the artwork that they had done for the game, leaving the game riddled with all these broken image icons strewn about. But, since I couldn't get an answer from anyone on the discord, that is all just a guess, and nothing more.
I think that's an emphatic no to both your speculations. The current patreon version becomes public after about a month or so without any change of content: It's essentially a closed beta, ironing out (most of) the bugs before the public release. Much of the old image content has been changed a while ago (early versions used manipulated photos instead of the current art) but that's about it. Some events/items etc. currently lack images (I don't think there were ever any images for the cat, e.g.), but those are being gradually backfilled.

The current version in the OP is a leaked pre-release version: It is likely buggy and quite possible that it has some images missing.

sashkah

Dec 24, 2020
<concerns about art>
Art is the biggest bottleneck to development of the game (to whit: the written backlog of the game is currently 470k words, and has not once been below 200k in the last 3 years, for scale, an average release during that time was ~75k words).

Test (ie: patreon/substar) versions are code/writing complete releases put out for bugfixing while we scramble to get art for the subsequent public release (thus they tend to have little to no new art, and when they do have art that isn't in the public version it is art for scenes that are specific to the test version/not yet public). Even with this there are some items that end up taking longer/the art doesn't come in on schedule. We have been overall drawing down the art backlog over time, but it's a challenge, and in the choice between "release nothing" and "have some small art gaps"... we have opted for the latter.

Oct 16, 2017
Art is the biggest bottleneck to development of the game (to whit: the written backlog of the game is currently 470k words, and has not once been below 200k in the last 3 years, for scale, an average release during that time was ~75k words).

Test (ie: patreon/substar) versions are code/writing complete releases put out for bugfixing while we scramble to get art for the subsequent public release (thus they tend to have little to no new art, and when they do have art that isn't in the public version it is art for scenes that are specific to the test version/not yet public). Even with this there are some items that end up taking longer/the art doesn't come in on schedule. We have been overall drawing down the art backlog over time, but it's a challenge, and in the choice between "release nothing" and "have some small art gaps"... we have opted for the latter.
Ok, this makes sense. But what confuses me is, if there is no current art for the particular thing in the game, why put in coding for the game to look for an art file that doesn't even exist yet? Doing that just makes the game show an icon that shows up when the image file isn't available, is corrupt, or not even present at all. Why don't you just leave out the image location coding for when you do have an image to go with the thing, character, or whatever?

sashkah

Dec 24, 2020
Ok, this makes sense. But what confuses me is, if there is no current art for the particular thing in the game, why put in coding for the game to look for an art file that doesn't even exist yet? Doing that just makes the game show an icon that shows up when the image file isn't available, is corrupt, or not even present at all. Why don't you just leave out the image location coding for when you do have an image to go with the thing, character, or whatever?
Because then I'd have to change code when the image came in, (and thus build a new version), rather than just drop the image file in place, it would represent significantly more work + possibility of missing something in the back-fill.

Reactions: Hordragg

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Adding to sashkah's most excellent reply, this also allows you to easily add your own cat avatar:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:love:

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes