4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018

Unlocked
Development update #28
That's a lot of the same that has been said for months now. Going to put this one on the backburner. Last actual update (not counting christmas thing) was what back in July?

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
I really wish these devs would stop turning their great VNs into lackluster and empty sandboxes. This game and Indecent Desires both have gone down hill sooo fast due in large part to the decision to switch to sandbox games. The devs either don't have enough ideas to continue the story or they simply wish to milk their patrons. It is a shame because this game started out as a fantastic VN. Why the devs insist on ruing their own games is beyond me. It will probably take years to get any actual content because the next several updates are likely to be 'adding new locations and character cards (that no one cares about)' just to distract from the fact that there is no actual story content. This episodic style and these mini stories just pale in comparison to the original style of the game.

Eric X.

Developer of the game "Secrets"
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
Hello there, happy new year everyone (Yes, I still have time for this :p)
Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm glad you liked the last update and the game :giggle:

That boobjob scene had me laughing like a maniac lol why is his legs up like she about to give him a rimjob or prostate massage? I'm so depraved for thinking/knowing this. :ROFLMAO:
As it was a dream, you can say it might have revealed some hidden desires from the MC ;)
I found it funny to see the MC not having control here. That is maybe because of another story I'm actually writing, where the male MC is in this situation.)

Tactical Thievery Action !
What a thrill! Can't wait for more
Ooh, I love this one :love:
Can I use it?

I really wish these devs would stop turning their great VNs into lackluster and empty sandboxes. This game and Indecent Desires both have gone down hill sooo fast due in large part to the decision to switch to sandbox games. The devs either don't have enough ideas to continue the story or they simply wish to milk their patrons. It is a shame because this game started out as a fantastic VN. Why the devs insist on ruing their own games is beyond me. It will probably take years to get any actual content because the next several updates are likely to be 'adding new locations and character cards (that no one cares about)' just to distract from the fact that there is no actual story content. This episodic style and these mini stories just pale in comparison to the original style of the game.
Thank you for this comment. I'm still wondering about the open world phase. The idea was not to make a sandbox or anything, there is absolutely no grinding, no resource management, nothing. Only missions you play one by one, short stories you're free to play or not.
I wanted to make this part like Grand Theft Auto 5. They plan to make a robbery, but before the robbery itself, you need to accomplished several missions like steal a truck, locate places, etc..
So when the "quests" on the map would be all done, the final "quest", the robbery, will appear.
The cards are simply a gallery like you see in all games, I just wanted it to be more fun than just unlocking images.
There won't be new location, only new stories to play. The "home" location will be some mini games to learn a bit more about the characters, nothing else.

As for the update releases, I'm more than aware it is long. I'm able to work on the game only on week-end, and I also have a family to take care of, so it is long yes, I know that.
My plan is to quit my job to concentrate on this "hobby" but as you doubt, that's not something that can be done quickly :)

Sorry to have quoted you Soul_less327 among everyone :) It's because you're not the first one to tell me that.
Most of the time, people who tell me about the open world phase didn't get it right, thinking it's another grinding game, with small updates just with the goal to milk their Patrons. (I know you didn't say that specific to my game, I'm talking more generally.)
So, I'm wondering myself if it would be a good thing to remake the game without the open world phase or not.
Will my game be more enjoyable in the classic VN format? I could integrate the cards in the format of hidden objects on the scene, but what about the vault and all the goodies?

So, I would love to hear from you guys about that. If you have played the game, could you tell me what you have thought about this open world phase? Do you like it or would you rather played Secrets in a more classic VN format?

Thank you for your comments! :)

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm glad you liked the last update and the game :giggle:

As it was a dream, you can say it might have revealed some hidden desires from the MC ;)
I found it funny to see the MC not having control here. That is maybe because of another story I'm actually writing, where the male MC is in this situation.)

Can I use it?

Thank you for this comment. I'm still wondering about the open world phase. The idea was not to make a sandbox or anything, there is absolutely no grinding, no resource management, nothing. Only missions you play one by one, short stories you're free to play or not.
I wanted to make this part like Grand Theft Auto 5. They plan to make a robbery, but before the robbery itself, you need to accomplished several missions like steal a truck, locate places, etc..
So when the "quests" on the map would be all done, the final "quest", the robbery, will appear.
The cards are simply a gallery like you see in all games, I just wanted it to be more fun than just unlocking images.
There won't be new location, only new stories to play. The "home" location will be some mini games to learn a bit more about the characters, nothing else.

As for the update releases, I'm more than aware it is long. I'm able to work on the game only on week-end, and I also have a family to take care of, so it is long yes, I know that.
My plan is to quit my job to concentrate on this "hobby" but as you doubt, that's not something that can be done quickly :)

Sorry to have quoted you Soul_less327 among everyone :) It's because you're not the first one to tell me that.
Most of the time, people who tell me about the open world phase didn't get it right, thinking it's another grinding game, with small updates just with the goal to milk their Patrons. (I know you didn't say that specific to my game, I'm talking more generally.)
So, I'm wondering myself if it would be a good thing to remake the game without the open world phase or not.
Will my game be more enjoyable in the classic VN format? I could integrate the cards in the format of hidden objects on the scene, but what about the vault and all the goodies?

So, I would love to hear from you guys about that. If you have played the game, could you tell me what you have thought about this open world phase? Do you like it or would you rather played Secrets in a more classic VN format?

I love game when its classic VN, but now its just :cautious:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't mind either way it was fine when it was classic VN then when you changed it to sandbox I feared the worst but I've never had any issues with that it's simple enough to use. So I'll be happy with either choice.

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019

Can I use it?

First off, thank you for being willing to have this conversation, that is really nice to see from a developer. I absolutely understand that this isn't a full time job for you yet and I get that the updates might not come as fast as some of the full time devs.

That being said, I would absolutely prefer it if you would go back to the VN style. Including the cards as hidden items to click on is a good idea that has worked well in several other games. I kind of understand the idea of the episodic content, but the execution just makes it seem like you don't have any direction and are just stretching out the updates to cover up that fact. If you look at it from a player standpoint, there is no real reason to break up the content. If these are 'crime prep' missions, then that should just be a single chapter in a VN. Like chapter 3 is the 'prep' chapter and the MC has to scope out the place and then get his shiny new uniform. Making the content optional and breaking it all up just messes up the flow of the game and it makes it look like you are dragging out the story for no reason. I would much rather see all of the 'prep' missions together so we can then move on to more content.

I hope this makes sense and thank you again for the conversation.

I also just want to add that I don't mean to sound harsh, it's just that I've seen games where the content dried up as soon as they switched from VN to sandbox and it has made me a bit biased against them. I only care because I think your game is fantastic and I want it to be the best it can be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric X. and Ara-sH
4.00 star(s) 26 Votes