Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
In terms of the gallery as in the changelog it says stage one almost done so I'm assuming that would be reason for last gallery image remaining locked? What's the first image as I just have first on page one and last on page three to unlock?

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
I'm loving this, but it says i'm 100% finished, but when I look at the gallery, the last picture is still locked. What am I missing?
the last picture on page 3 is the end scene :) The first picture is if you do the tutorial

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Even on easy, the grind is a joke. Oh, and please change the colour of the text on the quest help so it is easier to read!
That's why I made the very easy :) Easy is set at .4% as very easy is at .1%

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
I've gotten stuck too, I'm afraid.

Photoquest 2— "I need to have Mom send me her next photo, Keep listening at her door at night"
*I think I've already gotten the second photo (nude in the mirror) and I can't listen to the door at night as I always trigger the lingerie scene.

Dinner quest — "One more dinner with Mom... I need to keep talking to her during dinner."
*I've done the dinner A LOT. Also, at dinner when Rayne asks if Angela wants to "play together," Angela always shoots her down.

Moviequest One Complete — "I need to visit Mom at her work"
*I visited her once early on, but now it always says she's busy

Reading Quest — "Mom will invite me to read her new magazine that she photographed, I must finish dinnerquests first"
*Haven't been invited, and I'm guessing this is being held up by the Dinnerquest that I can't progress on.

Bathing Quest — "I can take a bath when Mom is at work"
*I've taken many, many baths.

It's saying my progress is 60%

In case it's helpful, Angela's stats are: Feeling 50, Perv 50, Love 14, Trust 12, Worry -1; Rayne's stats are: Feeling 50, Perv 50, Trust 4, Worry 5.

Any tips would be most welcome!!
in order to continue, keep listening at the door at night when angela is awake. Eventually she will ask to get another photo. That would be photoquest 2. Then the rest will open up

• Angry
Reactions: Ahchi

KrinGaron

Nov 11, 2017
in order to continue, keep listening at the door at night when angela is awake. Eventually she will ask to get another photo. That would be photoquest 2. Then the rest will open up
Is there a specific action you need to do to trigger the listening at the door scene? I'm stuck at the same point and the only night scenes I get are the one where you get into bed when Angela is sleeping and the one where they are both in lingerie.

Reactions: FavoGravity

Giraffykins

Nov 25, 2017
Hey Stiff! Thanks for hopping in with that tip! I think I must have done something in the wrong order that caused a glitch/bug in the sequence. I can't listen at the door anymore because every night I visit Angela in her room, it triggers the long scene wherein Angela changes into a pink nightie and Rayne climaxes prematurely.

I started a brand new game and was able to progress through the place I got stuck — although I still haven't unlocked the last image (even though it says I progressed 100%).

I really appreciate the work you're putting into this! It's a great game, and you'll work out the kinks in due time!

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Hey Stiff! Thanks for hopping in with that tip! I think I must have done something in the wrong order that caused a glitch/bug in the sequence. I can't listen at the door anymore because every night I visit Angela in her room, it triggers the long scene wherein Angela changes into a pink nightie and Rayne climaxes prematurely.

I started a brand new game and was able to progress through the place I got stuck — although I still haven't unlocked the last image (even though it says I progressed 100%).

I really appreciate the work you're putting into this! It's a great game, and you'll work out the kinks in due time!
Thanks!

FavoGravity

Jul 9, 2019
Well, looks like there is a way to get through. It is priority issue:
1) keep going to Photoquest to the end of loop
2) keep going to DinnerQuest
3) the last one - the Moviequest.
In that order i have 100%. In any otner ist is a never ending bag of logic.

Dev, please pay attention to this and thanks to you work no matter what. Looking forward to the next update.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
That's why I made the very easy :) Easy is set at .4% as very easy is at .1%
Even on very easy it actually doesn't trigger for reading quest..on very easy compared to easy I have gotten 95% completion for quests with reading still not finished.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
the last picture on page 3 is the end scene :) The first picture is if you do the tutorial
I did tutorial got it to unlock first picture. I got to morning scene in kitchen with someone knocking at the door but yet last picture still shows as being locked...I used unren and saw 3rd scene for playtime quest it looks like possible stage two where Angela is in pinkish lingerie and daughter still in white but both have breasts showing so I'm confused if that is indeed still stage one or was that by accident placeholder for stage two?

rachelrising

Sep 25, 2017
hey i'm at 90%, just movie quest missing. i already reached the end. but movie quest is not finished. how do i do it?

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
phonesnapshot.png
So, I hear all of you. And yes, I know there are still some issues with the game flow. I will be working on that portion of it once I get done with the phone system. The phone system is kind of complicated as it has many things going on inside of it, to prepare for the next stage and stage 3.

Here is the list of actions the phone can do:
  • Message System - to get messages from all main characters (Lynn, Brynn, Valerie, Angela, and Mari)
  • Phone System - so you call the other characters during in-game sections when needed
  • Email System - You read mail, junk, or normal mail which comes in handy during certain stages
  • Phone Gallery System - just like the regular gallery, but has received, sent, and taken photos during the next stage
  • Camera System - Used during photo actions when needed and things are seen while outside
So, let's say you are in the park and notice something pretty. You take a photo of it, now you can send that photo to someone else and raise or decline their feelings towards you. Or, in another situation, you take a photo of something strange in front of your home, so that you can show Angela, and increase or decrease her worry. There are many ideas I am working with on this phone system. It's a game within the game but has an impact on how things turn out, or how fast certain actions will happen.

That's all :)

Last edited:

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Great renders and story but the sandbox looping gets very tiresome and frustrating. I feel that if the sandbox playthrough continues as is, this game will go stagnant and be a greatly missed opportunity for the Dev.
working and working on this. I know as well, as I play this every day...

Reactions: afterlights

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
I love the game and story and very much look forward to the next update, you really have a great game developing here.
Perhaps if you were able to simplify the sandbox play to maybe doing things once or twice instead of a dozen times it would be much more enjoyable, or have a simplified next step displayed on the screen so its easier to follow (just text in the lefthand corner, e.g. 'go to bathroom' or 'go to kitchen')? Also if you are testing it everyday then it becomes second nature to you, knowing what to do next may make it difficult to identifying issues?

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
View attachment 2088230
So, I hear all of you. And yes, I know there are still some issues with the game flow. I will be working on that portion of it once I get done with the phone system. The phone system is kind of complicated as it has many things going on inside of it, to prepare for the next stage and stage 3.

Here is the list of actions the phone can do:
  • Message System - to get messages from all main characters (Lynn, Brynn, Valerie, Angela, and Mari)
  • Phone System - so you call the other characters during in-game sections when needed
  • Email System - You read mail, junk, or normal mail which comes in handy during certain stages
  • Phone Gallery System - just like the regular gallery, but has received, sent, and taken photos during the next stage
  • Camera System - Used during photo actions when needed and things are seen while outside
So, let's say you are in the park and notice something pretty. You take a photo of it, now you can send that photo to someone else and raise or decline their feelings towards you. Or, in another situation, you take a photo of something strange in front of your home, so that you can show Angela, and increase or decrease her worry. There are many ideas I am working with on this phone system. It's a game within the game but has an impact on how things turn out, or how fast certain actions will happen.

That's all :)
working and working on this. I know as well, as I play this every day...
Very sensitively written story. I enjoy it so much! Please keep it up! :love:
Unfortunately, I have the last gallery image that can not unlock. How do you get it?

Secrets.JPG

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes