Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I was going to try this but "sandbox"... I wish most of these sandbox games had a non-sandbox version. The journey for the perfect Female MC/Lesbian game continues!

Reactions: BOBJevent

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
I can´t get movie night in angela´s room too trigger anyone know what you need too do everything else is finished.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
No problem. Have packing it for testing to a normal zip archieve made by winrar. Can you test if the you still get the warning.
Link :
Have you test that download. Also what mirrors you using, is your AV paid or free. You guys giving very few details what happens, so i can't reproduce the warning.

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017
Really interesting Game, Beautiful renders and interesting premise for the Story. Sandbox feels a little bit buggy and sometimes Characters are referencing Events that have not yet happened. But nothing serious that feel unfixable from a Technical perspective.

Only thing hat gave me a real headache is the beginning of the Game. The pacing feels a little bit wonky in general, but in the Intro, before they arrive at the Sisters House, it feels extremly rushed. Angela is dumping a ton of exposition in such a rushed and at Times confusing manner, that the first Player Experience really isn't good.

Amelias Plot is a good example for this:
- Angela meets her and Amelia is introduced as the damsel in distress
- Angela takes her in learning about her problem
- Angela does something she would normaly never do for her because she Loves her
- Amelia leaves Angela
- Months later Amelia calls Angela (in the render it's a Letter) telling her she's getting Married and leaving the Country
- Weeks after the Call/Letter she's found dead.

For the player all of this happened in seconds, they hadn't a chance to get to know Angela or Amelia, to see them interact with each other, to get a feeling for their Relationship. That makes the normally tragic and sad Plot of Amelia having no impact on the player as they have no bond to Amelia and can't really relate to Angela in this Situation.

Also the timing Plotpoints get introduced is confusing at Times. As example Angela mentioning a Phonecall happening weeks after Amelias alleged suicide as if the player already knows about it. Or the suddenly brought up First Marriage where Rayne comes from.

This may sound like a lot of criticism but i think it's nothing unfixable and i will definitely keep an eye on the Game. Although it may be beneficial for the Game to rework/write the beginning at some point a little bit to get a better First Player Experience. Maybe it would be even an idea to let Rayne discover most of the Backstory introduced at the Beginning later in the Game, but that's just a quick idea I had while writing this and probably to late to change anyway.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
A very nice update. I don't like the daughter's face at all (sorry, thezaner, but as some pedantic people could say: "de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum" :D), but I love the delicate feelings. Many thanks to you.

Giraffykins

Nov 25, 2017
I've gotten stuck too, I'm afraid.

Photoquest 2— "I need to have Mom send me her next photo, Keep listening at her door at night"
*I think I've already gotten the second photo (nude in the mirror) and I can't listen to the door at night as I always trigger the lingerie scene.

Dinner quest — "One more dinner with Mom... I need to keep talking to her during dinner."
*I've done the dinner A LOT. Also, at dinner when Rayne asks if Angela wants to "play together," Angela always shoots her down.

Moviequest One Complete — "I need to visit Mom at her work"
*I visited her once early on, but now it always says she's busy

Reading Quest — "Mom will invite me to read her new magazine that she photographed, I must finish dinnerquests first"
*Haven't been invited, and I'm guessing this is being held up by the Dinnerquest that I can't progress on.

Bathing Quest — "I can take a bath when Mom is at work"
*I've taken many, many baths.

It's saying my progress is 60%

In case it's helpful, Angela's stats are: Feeling 50, Perv 50, Love 14, Trust 12, Worry -1; Rayne's stats are: Feeling 50, Perv 50, Trust 4, Worry 5.

Any tips would be most welcome!!

Reactions: Ayal

snogard

Apr 26, 2017
I'm loving this, but it says i'm 100% finished, but when I look at the gallery, the last picture is still locked. What am I missing?

Ayal

Apr 9, 2020
Even on easy, the grind is a joke. Oh, and please change the colour of the text on the quest help so it is easier to read!

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
I figured it out had too knock on the bathroom door in the morning.
For me it still won't advance it mentions for maybe doing so the next evening however it goes looping to something else saying I need to raise Angela's perversion but it won't budge past 50 and neither does rayne's.

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
Great renders and story but the sandbox looping gets very tiresome and frustrating. I feel that if the sandbox playthrough continues as is, this game will go stagnant and be a greatly missed opportunity for the Dev.

Reactions: Ahchi

vX_Phoenix

Aug 3, 2022
Just checking so I'm not doing something wrong here but the Game's version is still for Stage 1 only, correct?
Because no matter what I do I can't get to Stage 2 in the game. As it says "this require stage 2 to progress" or such.
Thanks in advance. I like the game.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Just checking so I'm not doing something wrong here but the Game's version is still for Stage 1 only, correct?
Because no matter what I do I can't get to Stage 2 in the game. As it says "this require stage 2 to progress" or such.
Thanks in advance. I like the game.
Yeah it only has Stage One content available. Going by the gallery on my 2nd playthrough I've missed getting the art that should unlock before first dinner...for the life of me and my brain getting hurt trying to remember lol

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes