Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes
Sep 25, 2017
so many soft lock. Still on the v0.2.6BR2 though. And the dev is talking about releasing 2.9 sometimes, it's like I'm missing a hell of a lot of bugfixes....

I'm at 21% in stage 2 and running in circle, soft lock with : Val in office; can't go there, Angela at breakfast; there seems to be more, Val at the gym etc etc

And I've got the minigame music all the time also.....man this is tedious

Last edited:
Reactions: BOBJevent

Wolfmots

Apr 9, 2021
so many soft lock. Still on the v0.2.6BR2 though. And the dev is talking about releasing 2.9 sometimes, it's like I'm missing a hell of a lot of bugfixes....

I'm at 21% in stage 2 and running in circle, soft lock with : Val in office; can't go there, Angela at breakfast; there seems to be more, Val at the gym etc etc

And I've got the minigame music all the time also.....man this is tedious

Right there with you, I've asked him a few times to just make it so the gallery is unlockable to we can enjoy the fruits of his labor, and ours.

Reactions: BOBJevent

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Man this game really needs a walkthrough.. Im stuck in a bloody loop right now..
I'm afraid a walkthrough wouldn't help in such a case unless it says "don't do that or you'll fall into a loop!". What the game needs first is a correct code, which actually does what it's supposed to do.

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
I'm afraid a walkthrough wouldn't help in such a case unless it says "don't do that or you'll fall into a loop!". What the game needs first is a correct code, which actually does what it's supposed to do.
Agreed.. For instance my game tells me not to look at mom in the shower, however she never showers..

• Haha
Reactions: Udayana

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
Where is the laundry to find Angela's clothes?
Obviously you missed a step because you have to go once and only once to the lingerie, find the item of clothing and then you don't go back because the game tells you that you know where the lingerie is

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Ok started over in the hope that maybe it would work.. I think Im just going to put this game on ice until its hopefully fixed..

Snowfoxia

Aug 16, 2023
I don't know much about game development.
Feels depressed sometimes when I find a great game but it takes a lot of time to progress.:unsure:
Like a good book where the suspense kills you while you wait for volume 2.
Rest is important so let's wait patiently.:censored:
Sometimes I think it's a shame that the developers don't work together because so many bad games come out while the good ones fall by the wayside.

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
I love the characters in this one. The interactions between Angela and Rayne are wonderful but, it's so bloody difficult to make progress. I find myself doing the same things over and over while hoping that something will change 'this time around.' It tells you what you need to do but a lot of time time it's impossible to actually make those things happen. It's frustrating a lot of the time rather than being fun or challenging, sadly.

Reactions: Udayana

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
On Patreon page:-

Hey everyone...
Here is the latest update to the game. I continue to work on the next part of this series every day. I already have some of the script done, and about 1/3 of the renders completed. I know it's been a long time for this. I will continue doing this game until it ends now. I will be adding the hiddens when I finish part B. Be sure to save the game as well, so you can find the other hidden items later.
As far as secrets is concerned, I will be changing it from a sandbox game (Sad...) to the VN version. That should not take too long since it will end up being linear with choices. It shouldn't be so complicated. I will keep the gallery and some of the other items in the game, just to keep it interesting.
Thanks for everything and I hope you like the new update!

xxx42

May 1, 2022
On Patreon page:-

Hey everyone...
Here is the latest update to the game. I continue to work on the next part of this series every day. I already have some of the script done, and about 1/3 of the renders completed. I know it's been a long time for this. I will continue doing this game until it ends now. I will be adding the hiddens when I finish part B. Be sure to save the game as well, so you can find the other hidden items later.
As far as secrets is concerned, I will be changing it from a sandbox game (Sad...) to the VN version. That should not take too long since it will end up being linear with choices. It shouldn't be so complicated. I will keep the gallery and some of the other items in the game, just to keep it interesting.
Thanks for everything and I hope you like the new update!
How can I play the new update?

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
hey guys can someone explain to me the fundamental difference between "Secrets" and "WRCTF"? I don't see many of them and even if I like both, why develop both, it takes a lot of time and energy...

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes