Ren'Py Abandoned Secrets of Whispering Pines [Day 6] [BLACKHEART GAMES]

4.10 star(s) 38 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampionXD

Jun 27, 2017
Good game so far I think if hes going to add an evil and good path he should of started that from the beginning as you only start doing 'evil' things towards the end of the second day. i am looking forward to more updates.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Seath Black

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Did anyone else find the Nopy file to be corrupted? Maybe there was some server error while I was downloading the game. During decompression, I'm getting the following error.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When then trying to run the game (i.e., if I just click Close in the dialogue and then try to play), I'm told SoWP.exe couldn't be executed in the i686 folder.

Reactions: thebeat1025

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
Did anyone else find the Nopy file to be corrupted? Maybe there was some server error while I was downloading the game. During decompression, I'm getting the following error.
When then trying to run the game (i.e., if I just click Close in the dialogue and then try to play), I'm told SoWP.exe couldn't be executed in the i686 folder.
weird. Nopy isnt mine so I have no idea. I'll ask a mod.

• Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
weird. Nopy isnt mine so I have no idea. I'll ask a mod.
Thank you very much. :) Just to double check, is v0.02 supposed only to be ≅ 850MB (whereas v0.01 was over 1GB)? Do I decompress it and dump its contents into the same folder as v0.01? I was just thinking v0.02 was the full game up until now, but maybe not.

Update: OK, the Nopy file I originally got was for sure corrupted. Either what I got was corrupted during download, or the file that resides on their servers is itself corrupted. I got v0.02 from the GoFile link and it not only decompressed just fine but it also runs properly. So I guess the Nopy link just needs to be checked to make sure it's working. Also, FYI, the MixDrop link on the OP is for v0.01; if someone intended that to be updated, it didn't work or was missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seath Black

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
Thank you very much. :) Just to double check, is v0.02 supposed only to be ≅ 850MB (whereas v0.01 was over 1GB)? Do I decompress it and dump its contents into the same folder as v0.01? I was just thinking v0.02 was the full game up until now, but maybe not.

Update: OK, the Nopy file I originally got was for sure corrupted. Either what I got was corrupted during download, or the file that resides on their servers is itself corrupted. I got v0.02 from the GoFile link and it not only decompressed just fine but it also runs properly. So I guess the Nopy link just needs to be checked to make sure it's working. Also, FYI, the MixDrop link on the OP is for v0.01; if someone intended that to be updated, it didn't work or was missed.
yeah, we used a different image file, webp instead of png. No lost of quality and much smaller file. :)

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Plot seem similar to Eye of the storm, havnt tried this game yet. Not saying the game is a rip as i saw the comment they havnt heard of it, and eye of the storm was okay but felt rushed for a ending.
Hoping that wont be the case with this game, do like a good mystery in these style game, with some kinda dark past events that haunt the MC.
Thought the same myself (about the similarities to eye of the storm) and I enjoyed that one even with its problems... and was sad it never finished.

This one seems a lot better. Both in the underlying things going on and the ties to the past with the MC

Out of all Blackheart's games this one has my attention most. The plot is a bit "twisty" like the rest, but to me the setting makes selling it a lot more believable, pacing is also better. Looking forward to more.

maverick@79

Mar 4, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: unknown compression method

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ragno\OneDrive\Desktop\Secrets_of_Whispering_Pines-0.2-pc\SoWP-0.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\ragno\OneDrive\Desktop\Secrets_of_Whispering_Pines-0.2-pc\SoWP-0.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\ragno\OneDrive\Desktop\Secrets_of_Whispering_Pines-0.2-pc\SoWP-0.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sun Aug 29 14:11:24 2021

just downloaded and tried to play

maverick@79

Mar 4, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ragno\OneDrive\Desktop\Secrets_of_Whispering_Pines-0.2-pc\SoWP-0.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\ragno\OneDrive\Desktop\Secrets_of_Whispering_Pines-0.2-pc\SoWP-0.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\ragno\OneDrive\Desktop\Secrets_of_Whispering_Pines-0.2-pc\SoWP-0.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sun Aug 29 14:11:24 2021

just downloaded and tried to play
redownloading to see if it was a bug

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
redownloading to see if it was a bug
make sure you restart. dont use any old saves or files. There is a skip to day 2 option so you dont have to restart form beginning. You'll just have to start new game and itll let you skip if you choose. Try that.

deltami

Dec 19, 2017
is this a overlook?
When choosing place to investigate among mountain, stream and lake.
text read as Bobby and mountain even if you chose to go for stream

Jan 15, 2019
Damn, Maddie is such a bitch. I'm pissed off by her behavior. :rolleyes:

I don't know who to trust in this game anymore. I fell in love with Ruby, and then it turns out that she is plotting something behind MC's back... The rest of the women seem to be good, and I'm starting to like them, but I can see they're hiding something from the MC as well..

I'm starting to dislike it.
I love Maddie, I smacked her though :devilish:

deltami

Dec 19, 2017
they were fixed in an update. I will add the error patch for the name mistakes soon. Thank you all!

Hi Seath Black, some more inconsistent/bugged dialogue would like to be reported, hope you can consider adding them to the error patch as well

1. Finding Todd.
-Choice: Stream
-Text: show "the mountain...it's where Bobby and I took our 'dates'"

2. Going into the outpost with Rudy
-Choice: Gave gun to Julie/Kenzie beforehand
-Text: still show MC "I pull out my gun"

3. Going to Visiting Kenzie
-Choice: Not cutting toe
-Text: show "I'll get her to check my toe before I figure out what I need to do to save Monique."

4. Replay screens
- Not unlocking, like the Juile's

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
Hi Seath Black, some more inconsistent/bugged dialogue would like to be reported, hope you can consider adding them to the error patch as well

1. Finding Todd.
-Choice: Stream
-Text: show "the mountain...it's where Bobby and I took our 'dates'"

2. Going into the outpost with Rudy
-Choice: Gave gun to Julie/Kenzie beforehand
-Text: still show MC "I pull out my gun"

3. Going to Visiting Kenzie
-Choice: Not cutting toe
-Text: show "I'll get her to check my toe before I figure out what I need to do to save Monique."

4. Replay screens
- Not unlocking, like the Juile's
I'll look into them. Thank you, my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.10 star(s) 38 Votes