Floterite

Aug 14, 2017
Hello, I'm really keen on the workaround for this error, I can't progress without solving it.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/main_loop.rpyc", line 37, in script call
��π��w�ir���;M�<Gw/�+YJ��b��w{36+Ĥ��{���@o�߾��G�{��>M��; 7b.g��b���ƥ��5��j�qb�oHv?��]�4e�����x�~��!��m�ob�C�i�S�|�>�R�i���`��0�����'�Z�#��w�Q<y,�3o!����p����m
File "game/locations/rowans_chambers.rpyc", line 2, in script
���#��o�c�+i��q���/}�����=˜���%�bZ;�y(ߣ���}���6�;���=�o��ꏧi���t�LF���F�e�Q[�A�����5��cmNZ}O___�/0O�M��
File "/private/var/folders/lq/d_gl52kn3sb7kk8v2mbb_94c0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/5B0A1489-75BA-40EA-9A10-12A38396C5D9/d/seeds-of-chaos.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 58, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Same thing here, quite the bummer.
Code:
Full traceback:
  File "game/main_loop.rpyc", line 37, in script call
    ��π��w�ir���;M�<Gw/�+YJ��b��w{36+Ĥ��{���@o�߾��G�{��>M��; 7b.g��b���ƥ��5��j�qb�oHv?��]�4e�����x�~��!��m�ob�C�i�S�|�>�R�i� ��`��0�����'�Z�#��w�Q<y,�3o!����p����m
  File "game/locations/rowans_chambers.rpyc", line 21, in script
    ��"Vu9ݸ����U�M7U.l��Q��KD��O~7���Q�nx��-!a�s2�1Mc��sj��R���'�
  File "C:\Users\Laptop\Desktop\seeds-of-chaos-0.2.36-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 58, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

While running game code:

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
@JadeKittenLord Arioch's upcoming game Jessica's Curse. That one will have a female protaganist!
"my desire to have a large number of animations, full voice acting, and more"
"I'm working with a talented cast of ladies can act as convincingly as they can portray sexual scenes (and let me tell you, finding VA's who can act AND do adult work is hard!)"

Who is this game aimed at exactly? Why is voice acting a selling point?

Aug 26, 2016
"my desire to have a large number of animations, full voice acting, and more"
"I'm working with a talented cast of ladies can act as convincingly as they can portray sexual scenes (and let me tell you, finding VA's who can act AND do adult work is hard!)"

Who is this game aimed at exactly? Why is voice acting a selling point?
This insistence on VA's is a serious problem, honestly. It's a lotta money spent because some people just can't use their imagination for character voices.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Man the music of this game is probably the best I've heard in all of the adult games
I totally agree with you. I don't know who did the music, but it certainly fits very well.

Although, I would personally prefer if they looked for something which sounds more akin to lituus/carnyx/dord, rather than the stock-standard horn sound for 'war-horn.ogg', though that could be because I prefer it when it is more 'drone-ish', accompanied by changing of pitch via using different parts of the mouth et cetera, as a vrmm buummm vrmmm hummmmm rather than a brmmmmmmmmmmm.

The sound of the Carnyx really gets me in a 'Gaesatae' way, that a horn does not.

Horn: "Awesome."

Carnyx: "This is so awesome, I'm gonna get fully naked and paint myself in the blood of my enemies!"

Here is an example of the Carnyx.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This insistence on VA's is a serious problem, honestly. It's a lotta money spent because some people just can't use their imagination for character voices.
voice acting certainly helps, but I wouldnt want it if it delays updates. If the dev completes most of the plot and then go back to find suitable voice actors, that would be perfect.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I totally agree with you. I don't know who did the music, but it certainly fits very well.

Although, I would personally prefer if they looked for something which sounds more akin to lituus/carnyx/dord, rather than the stock-standard horn sound for 'war-horn.ogg', though that could be because I prefer it when it is more 'drone-ish', accompanied by changing of pitch via using different parts of the mouth et cetera, as a vrmm buummm vrmmm hummmmm rather than a brmmmmmmmmmmm.

The sound of the Carnyx really gets me in a 'Gaesatae' way, that a horn does not.

Horn: "Awesome."

Carnyx: "This is so awesome, I'm gonna get fully naked and paint myself in the blood of my enemies!"

Here is an example of the Carnyx.

These guys did the music:
I'm not sure about instruments that induce war-like atmosphere. These instruments create a more ambivalent atmosphere which suits this world better, especially because of the moral ambiguity and the fact that the game is dark fantasy according to the developer (although I personally disagree.) Great work either way.

Reactions: TheSexinati

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
These guys did the music:
I'm not sure about instruments that induce war-like atmosphere. These instruments create a more ambivalent atmosphere which suits this world better, especially because of the moral ambiguity and the fact that the game is dark fantasy according to the developer (although I personally disagree.) Great work either way.
Well, horns are very much war-like instruments in my opinion, besides the cultural significance of them, and so horns already induce a war-like atmosphere. Adding a Carnyx is not too much of a stretch. (If you think about it, the Carnyx it is merely a metallic, over sized, over-developed horn!)

Personally, considering that 'war-horn.ogg' is seemingly only used when Karnos's deserter orcs return to the keep, A horn, just as much as similar instruments, fits well. My disappointment (Well, not so much dissappointment, and more 'awww') though, is not so much of the horn, but of how horns are generally played. As a fan of horns, your average generic 'Brmmmmmmm' gets really damn old, because that is all people think that a horn can do. There is so much more, musically speaking, that you can do with a horn, et cetera.

'Didgeridoo' the horns, I daresay, and make long drones! They sound more musically pleasing that way.

Skilled horn-players are like taiko-drummers are to drums. They not only play their respective instruments, but they also breathe 'life' into to their instruments also. Both of the above make me want to run across a grassy field with a battleaxe! (I swear I am at least 30% orc.) ;)

Reactions: rKnight and Sihil
D

Deleted member 584847

Meh... The story itself didnt catched me so I deleted the game... being forced to fight for something you've sworn to destroy isnt my type of thing.
Shame, the game itself looks great, might consider giving it another try in the fture.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
If you enjoyed the quality of the game, but were not a fan of the premise, I recommend you try Jessica's Curse which is our team's other game and has a big release planned soon. I also hope you enjoy our upcoming training sim spin off that is in the work and that we hope to have more news about soon.

You can find Jessica's Curse here:

Reactions: Nykus
Aug 26, 2016

Hello everyone,

I am sad to inform you that the release will be late because my great aunt died, my dog ate my programming, I was run over, my artist disappeared, art is the bottleneck, I've started a new project....
Just kidding. I'm coding the remaining events now, and we are on track for a weekend release as planned.

In the meantime, here is one of the new characters you will be meeting in Rastedel next month, courtesy of Keidi. I asked Winter to write something about her, but he said he doesn't want you lot to know anything about her until you meet her, so that is that I guess. :)

New update, kinda small, apparently there's a new mystery lady for the Rastedel update next month. If anyone has access to any of the finished images posted recently feel free to share them here.

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
i have a question about rescuing Delane. when you rescue her, do you get to keep her for yourself like you do with Helayna?
is there a way to save the dark elf on Jezera's alliance making skills event? like a pre-requirement or something? or the negotiations will always end bad?

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I'm pretty sure the dark elf will always die, I think that event is mostly there for the H and to show off Jezera is just as psycho as Andras, just not as open about it.

Reactions: TheSexinati

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Wacky Waving Big-tittied Arm-Flailing Elf-Women!

Due to a shipping error I am now currently overstocked with Dark Elves, And I am passing them over to you.

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
are there any plans on adding the choice of rescuing and keeping Delane for yourself in the castle in a future patch like you do with Helayna? cause the only option i got was turning her in to Tarish when rescuing Delane. no chance of a true rescue for her freedom or a chance to keep her.

Reactions: Heliophorus
Jul 27, 2017
are there any plans on adding the choice of rescuing and keeping Delane for yourself in the castle in a future patch like you do with Helayna? cause the only option i got was turning her in to Tarish when rescuing Delane. no chance of a true rescue for her freedom or a chance to keep her.
You can definitely rescue her and set her free, but you can't enslave her yourself. I imagine the producers feel that would be beyond Rowan's capabilities. I hope Rowan does get some sexy slaves eventually though.

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
You can definitely rescue her and set her free, but you can't enslave her yourself. I imagine the producers feel that would be beyond Rowan's capabilities. I hope Rowan does get some sexy slaves eventually though.
what would be the steps to rescuing her to set her free then? is it because i already started Tarish's quest the reason why i couldn't set her free?

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes