Ano85

May 21, 2018
Don't worry, it doesn't sound offensive at all. They just happen to be different opinions, yours and mine. That said, I hope my lack of language skills doesn't end up leading to misunderstanding. ( Russian born, Spanish bred, lazy f*ck all in all. The single worst learning disposition. Here be dragons and grammar mistakes. You've been warned :D )

I mentioned Andras because he was the only male doing the topping until this very update. Batri's shared scene happens only after a direct offering from Rowan, when he kindly decides to serve as an evening entertaiment. The poor orc even needs some encouragement from Mr. A to perform, so I don't think we should be counting him in. That leaves us with one guy dominating Rowan versus four under him, which means that while the demon gets many more scenes than the rest of them for plot reasons, there still are plenty of options to quench the need (that will probably be further developed along the game).

I've yet to find Obelius, but if things are as you described, and with no coercion implied between them Rowan still decides to submit to him, it may be a conscious decision for him. Kind of an adquired taste. It wouldn't be the first time he shows a knack for the role. That doesn't hurt the consistency of the narrative. The coherent thing to do for a switchRowan!player or a subRowan!Player would be to play that scene as they have played the rest, while the DomRowan!Player could simply ignore the chance and wait for a different opportunity.

Devs can't be bothered to write a handful of variations for every event to satisfy each of our gamestyles (furry-only lovers, no-penises-please, i-want-a-medieval-accountant-character-for-realistic-self-insertion...). Branches and more branches. That would require an army of writers! A bunch of work that would delate -or even sabotage- the release. They have to go for a more general approach to things and trust us to select what we want from the whole menu...

What I'm trying to say here is that if one likes Pepsi and gets Coke instead, it would be wise to still be thankful. Most of the gamers are receiving it for free: beggars can't be choosers and being picky doesn't help.
Those who are patrons are given options every month, but since the game is a personal project their influence over the plot has certain boundaries. Feedback is nice, complains not so much.

So, back to Obelius, we can't discard the idea that the mentioned scene is there to equilibrate the balance between sexual preferences by adding a new gay scene. It also means the ratio of the gay Top/Bottom content is 4/2 instead of 4/1, which is slightly more diverse than before. An improvement.

A different thing would be if you found the scenario to be tricky. That is, if the dialogue previous to the sex pointed in an opposite direction than the actual developement of the scene and created false expectations. Was that the situation you were referring to? For me a bit of deception could be refreshing. A sleight of hands from the author(s) makes things wild and unexpected but it's perfectly understandable if other people don't like it.

On the other subjects of discussion... Well, I don't think subby subs are a cheap thing, nor less valuable than those pretending to resist something they have already agreed to. Both kinds know to an extent what are they getting into, and those testing the waters with a toe do not necessarily have a stronger personality than the ones who know the drill and jump to the pool with plenty of enthusiasm. They have goals too and can be veeery demanding.
Brats, sissies... Whatever: all of them are nice and valuable for those who love and "own" them.

There's nothing bad in using the willing, enjoying practices you both love no matter how soft, hard of extreme, instead of sweating blood to push someone's boundaries an inch a month towards some uncertain Nirvana. Good things are hard to get and require effort, that's true, but stone may not be the best material for building a wheel...

Have a nice day :)
Here's the deal:
If there is a character with a toned body and an ass so perfect it deserves it's own special name, please don't let that go to waste, okay? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase!

About the rest:
I don't think there is any kind of balance here. If you make a character that has 16 Rowan bottoming scene and then there's another character that has one Rowan topping scene, it's not balanced in any way.
Rowan isn't acting assertive with Greyhide or wolfy-boy right now either. Would that make it 4/4? I think this isn't how that works.

"False expectations" because I don't have the slightest idea what Rowan is about to do. The scene plays out by itself, the only choice you can accept is stress relief from a man who calls him a fine lad.

Complaining is a form of feedback.

I cannot respect people with no integrity. That's about it. "Sissies" are usually portrayed that way in almost any kind of media.
To be honest, if I want a feminine body or feminine qualities, I go for women.

I also don't like the trope that strong men cannot bottom which is a thing I fear might affect this game. Bedding men twice your size isn't that hard IRL. If gay sex is all about D/S in this world then it might be harder.

I think that's all.

Reactions: TheSexinati

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Here's the deal:
If there is a character with a toned body and an ass so perfect it deserves it's own special name, please don't let that go to waste, okay? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase!
So much this.

I also don't like the trope that strong men cannot bottom which is a thing I fear might affect this game. Bedding men twice your size isn't that hard IRL. If gay sex is all about D/S in this world then it might be harder.
Mmmhmmm.

I like me some Power-bottoms.

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
I played this game around a year ago and I remember the prologue didn't have any choices greyed out. For example when talking to the elder I can only choose the first option for 2 different choices. Does anyone know why this is and when/how can I choose the other ones? Do any of the choices matter in the prologue to the rest of the story?

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Sorry for asking you this, But I have some difficulty to trigger the Rowan x Liural x Alexia scene.

I know that the correct path is

- Rowan must had sex with Liural before
- Alexia must have Medium or above corruption level
- Rowan musn't lie about Liural to Alexia.

Does the fact that Helayna is the girl in Rowan's room is preventing me from getting this scene ?

ozzo

Mar 4, 2018
Sorry for asking you this, But I have some difficulty to trigger the Rowan x Liural x Alexia scene.

Does the fact that Helayna is the girl in Rowan's room is preventing me from getting this scene ?
My playthrough Alexia had high corruption when this triggered (post tree scene)
And i told her the truth and said she could use her too to trigger the 3-some

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I played this game around a year ago and I remember the prologue didn't have any choices greyed out. For example when talking to the elder I can only choose the first option for 2 different choices. Does anyone know why this is and when/how can I choose the other ones? Do any of the choices matter in the prologue to the rest of the story?
Show me a screenshot.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
thank you, but i dont see how this helps ?? or did i read the wrong answer ? please quote it, thank you.
You’re probably going to have to restart, the game’s current build isn’t really made to go very far past Week 60, and if your save is from an older version, that may be another point of incompatibility.

It’s random, so you probably aren’t getting it just because of bad luck. If you have all of those conditions fulfilled, try saving at the end of a week of exploration (the black screen where it says “End of Week [#]”), and then reloading from that save when you know what event is playing afterwards if it isn’t the event you want.

Reactions: grego

averagestudent

Mar 23, 2019
Is there any way to save Delane? I've tried gaining her trust and planning her escape and even the option to have the Orc Matron help her escape but then nothing happens. When I tried to help Tarish but then attempt to escape with her I continue to fail and she dies...again and again..

v0.2.45
-New Rastedel events, including options to ally with Werden (requires Delane to be free), and the continuation of the Jacques ally line

How do you do this?

Jan 10, 2018
Is there any way to save Delane? I've tried gaining her trust and planning her escape and even the option to have the Orc Matron help her escape but then nothing happens. When I tried to help Tarish but then attempt to escape with her I continue to fail and she dies...again and again..
If memory serves, it should be just a matter of skill checks - either raising the relevant skill or engaging in a generous amount of savescumming should do the trick.

Though if you really want to save Delane, I'd recommend aligning with Ulcro instead. She's a minor noble from a declining house, whose lands were just destroyed by rampaging orcs; even if you weren't about to conquer the country, she'd doubtless end up living little better than a peasant by the end of this. At Ulcro's side, she's the one really running the tribe, which will be richly rewarded as one of the earliest backers in the twin's rise to power - she'll restore the fortunes of her house past anything she could imagine, this way.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
So the version uploaded here is a pirated version of the latest 0.2.45 build, and the dev is actually posting on this thread, instead of requesting the admin to take it down? I mean playing this wonderful game for free is awesome and all, but how is this possible?

NOTE: I found out about this game cuz of this website, and although I played it for free I really like this game and wanna support the devs on Patreon
Look. We don't support the pirating of the game. Please play the free version (which is entirely complete and just one month behind). But, like, how the fuck are we going to stop anyone from playing a pirated copy?

Take it down? That'll end well, lol.

You do what you can with the situation you're in and the best way to handle piracy if we can't really stop it is engaging.

Also, are there any other games like Seeds of Chaos?
This game is definitely a bigshot, yet I just found out about this game thanks to f95zone, and I'm wondering if there're other games that I've missed.

I don't play Japanese visual novels cuz only Western style art(such as Justice League tv series) and plot make me hard. The drawing style and the amount of contents are simply astounding.
The Last Sovereign, Sanguine Rose, and Kingdom of Deception our are closest competitors. Jessika's Curse and The Eternal Feast is SOC's sister games.

Thanks for your answer, but I mean a "Final release" date.

For exemple I also supported Hentai Writer for his game Future Fragments. He is doing also Monthly release like Lord Arioch.

However Hentai Writer released a calendar that plans the final release of the game for the beginning of the year 2020.

I was wondering if a "final release" date was ever announced by Lord arioch.
We don't have a date in mind, and if we tried to make one it wouldn't go well. Seeds of Chaos is just not a good "Wait until it's done" experience. Hell, even when we reach the end point of the game, odds are still decent we may continue adding to the event pools, adding side quests, so on.

If memory serves, it should be just a matter of skill checks - either raising the relevant skill or engaging in a generous amount of savescumming should do the trick.

Though if you really want to save Delane, I'd recommend aligning with Ulcro instead. She's a minor noble from a declining house, whose lands were just destroyed by rampaging orcs; even if you weren't about to conquer the country, she'd doubtless end up living little better than a peasant by the end of this. At Ulcro's side, she's the one really running the tribe, which will be richly rewarded as one of the earliest backers in the twin's rise to power - she'll restore the fortunes of her house past anything she could imagine, this way.
I think the reason he's asking is that as of the current build, the only way to achieve an alliance with Duke Werden in Rastedel is if you have Delane (whose house are his bannermen) to vouch for you.

Jan 10, 2018
I think the reason he's asking is that as of the current build, the only way to achieve an alliance with Duke Werden in Rastedel is if you have Delane (whose house are his bannermen) to vouch for you.
Oh, I know, that's why I gave him a useful answer first (assuming that it really was just a matter of skillchecks). But I've never been one to write a sentence when a paragraph will do instead.

...Indeed, I'm finding it rather difficult to keep this post down to three sentences when I only truly needed one, or to avoid bringing up how I was tempted to suggest that he raise his guilt so that he could see the suicide scene before fixing the issue.

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Look. We don't support the pirating of the game. Please play the free version (which is entirely complete and just one month behind). But, like, how the fuck are we going to stop anyone from playing a pirated copy?

Take it down? That'll end well, lol.

You do what you can with the situation you're in and the best way to handle piracy if we can't really stop it is engaging.

The Last Sovereign, Sanguine Rose, and Kingdom of Deception our are closest competitors. Jessika's Curse and The Eternal Feast is SOC's sister games.

We don't have a date in mind, and if we tried to make one it wouldn't go well. Seeds of Chaos is just not a good "Wait until it's done" experience. Hell, even when we reach the end point of the game, odds are still decent we may continue adding to the event pools, adding side quests, so on.

I do not want to be bitch, but you earing like 11 times more than you spend on game. In last year you added 80 cg, so lets take best artis and commision it for 100$ piece. It is 8k and you make that in month. So you are in quiet comfortable position anyway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rein

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I do not want to be bitch, but you earing like 11 times more than you spend on game. In last year you added 80 cg, so lets take best artis and commision it for 100$ piece. It is 8k and you make that in month. So you are in quiet comfortable position anyway.
List of things that the SoC Patreon pays for:

- CGs (10 per month or so)
- Variants of CGs (We do not get those for free)
- Charachter sprites (Often 1-2 per month)
- Charachter Sprite Variants
- User Interface Improvements (You will notice we don't use the standard Ren'PY UI)
- 20k+ more words of writing per month (You think I work for free?)
- Game Design (documents, numbers calculations, long design team discussions)
- Coding
- Marketing
- Patreon/Taxes/Banking/Etc...

Arioch himself handles lots of programing and marketing. His personal take is nothing resembling even his workload.

You also fail to estimate the price for "The Best". The Kite, last I checked, charges commercial projects 350 dollars a day. Cheap artists are low quality, or worse, inconsistent. Some folks complain about MDN, but at bringing finished work on time he is in a tier of his own.

The writing side also costs more then average. Much of our writing/design team have relevant degrees. This is required because Seeds of Chaos is aimed, generally, at an audience more accustomed to a higher level of storytelling and game design.

Making games is not cheap. You can't ballpark the monthly expenses from counting CGs and comparing to the rate of some semi-pro artist on deviant art.

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
List of things that the SoC Patreon pays for:

- CGs (10 per month or so)
- Variants of CGs (We do not get those for free)
- Charachter sprites (Often 1-2 per month)
- Charachter Sprite Variants
- User Interface Improvements (You will notice we don't use the standard Ren'PY UI)
- 20k+ more words of writing per month (You think I work for free?)
- Game Design (documents, numbers calculations, long design team discussions)
- Coding
- Marketing
- Patreon/Taxes/Banking/Etc...

Arioch himself handles lots of programing and marketing. His personal take is nothing resembling even his workload.

You also fail to estimate the price for "The Best". The Kite, last I checked, charges commercial projects 350 dollars a day. Cheap artists are low quality, or worse, inconsistent. Some folks complain about MDN, but at bringing finished work on time he is in a tier of his own.

The writing side also costs more then average. Much of our writing/design team have relevant degrees. This is required because Seeds of Chaos is aimed, generally, at an audience more accustomed to a higher level of storytelling and game design.

Making games is not cheap. You can't ballpark the monthly expenses from counting CGs and comparing to the rate of some semi-pro artist on deviant art.
So lets multiple that number by 2, oh hell leds do it by 3! Still there is plenty left. And lets add, that writing dirty cheap. But that is issue with such project, there is no way to tell if someone is honest or not. I do not want to agitate you, it just envy speaking that in my opinion(reasoning) you work for 3 months and then lay down for rest of a year :p

May 23, 2019
So lets multiple that number by 2, oh hell leds do it by 3! Still there is plenty left. And lets add, that writing dirty cheap. But that is issue with such project, there is no way to tell if someone is honest or not. I do not want to agitate you, it just envy speaking that in my opinion(reasoning) you work for 3 months and then lay down for rest of a year :p
So tell us prodigy what do you do for a living? Do you work? Is you money spent on what? Do you eat? Do you pay rent? Do you get things for free? Do you work for free? Why would the dev work for free? He uses his time building a game instead of doing something else, what is the problem for him to get paid?

PS: Did you spent any money on SoC ? If not this conversation shouldn't even exist...

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes