TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
what should i do in week 22
my game ends like this
Why does it end? What's the message? I assume you failed to capture Raeve Keep (east on the map)

Third one was commissioned by someone and will not happen soon according to arioch
Which is weird, because I think it fits perfectly with one of the gameovers you get (failing to capture the 1st village/failing to capture Raeve Keep, I don't remember which. Although I would love to see it as a...happy scene.

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017

And the winners of this month's CG poll are....

In first place, by over ten votes, Rowan x Liurial 1! I guess elves are popular?
In second place, for I believe the third poll in a row, another Helayna scene - Rowan x Helayna 5. Helayna best girl?

In third place, not too far behind, is the second CG from the Rowan x Cla-Min scene. Chalk up a win for sexually aggressive goblin matriarchs.

And lastly, I guess you guys wanted some more spider loving, because we have the male drider x orc female scene.

For the other CG, I'm choosing to do Andras x Rowan 3, in the interests of fairness.

And the winners of this month's CG poll are....

In first place, by over ten votes, Rowan x Liurial 1! I guess elves are popular?
In second place, for I believe the third poll in a row, another Helayna scene - Rowan x Helayna 5. Helayna best girl?

In third place, not too far behind, is the second CG from the Rowan x Cla-Min scene. Chalk up a win for sexually aggressive goblin matriarchs.

And lastly, I guess you guys wanted some more spider loving, because we have the male drider x orc female scene.

For the other CG, I'm choosing to do Andras x Rowan 3, in the interests of fairness.

edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 26, 2016
New update.

"As mentioned in the previous gazette post, there are going to be a few changes regarding Venus Noire. Without much further ado, let’s get straight into it.

Announcing Jessika’s Curse

The side project I have been talking about for the last few months will be called Jessika’s Curse. In order to reduce the amount of time I need to spend working on it, I have recruited my friend to be a co-creator on the project. Due to this, and my desire to have a large number of animations, full voice acting, and more, I have decided to start a new patreon for the game (similar to what Sierra and Nomo do over at Hreinn).

What this means for SoC - In the long run, Jessica’s Curse will have no impact on SoC. By starting a new patreon, it will fund itself, meaning money from this patreon will not be spent on it. Also, by recruiting Yron, I will have to do far less work on the project overall, which should assuage worries about time keeping away from SoC.

For those of you interested in Jessika’s Curse, I will be sharing the new patreon very soon, and for those of you who aren’t, you’ll be seeing less about here, so it is a win-win either way. :)

The Eternal Feast Joins Venus Noire

Since Yron and I will be working on Jessica’s Curse together, we have also decided to bring under the Venus Noire umbrella. This is primarily a business decision, as it makes more sense, from a long term point of view, to market a studio as opposed to single games. To that aim, we will soon be centralizing information and marketing for all three games to a single Venus Noire channel (tumblr, social media, etc.).

What this means for SoC - Nothing. Yron will continue to spearhead development for The Eternal Feast, while I will continue to do so for SoC. I will be giving him a little bit of help on the project management / development side, but nothing that will take up a great deal of my time.

So, overall, some big changes for Venus Noire, and very little for SoC. Hopefully, those of you interested in adult games will look forward to having more to play, and by doing this, I can eventually turn Venus Noire into a real business, and spend more time and money making them."

I'll say again that I'm not happy about this side project stuff, I don't believe that it won't take time and effort off of the current game. He should focus on one thing at a time and finish it first, it's not like the dev is making roundscape levels of money here.

Reactions: Zoranian and mesoru

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
The side stuff, the fact that this game has so many people working on it, all the little extras he wants to keep adding to the game without moving the core game along, and him trying to hit every possible fetish at once is the reason this game isn't going to work.

Reactions: Yadayada

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Has there been any progress with the trainer mode or is still in hiatus?

Aug 26, 2016
The side stuff, the fact that this game has so many people working on it, all the little extras he wants to keep adding to the game without moving the core game along, and him trying to hit every possible fetish at once is the reason this game isn't going to work.
Oh I wouldn't take it that far, I think he can make this shit work, but not very efficiently if effort is being spent on multiple projects at once.

Has there been any progress with the trainer mode or is still in hiatus?
Last I heard the trainer was going to be finished after the main game is finished.

Douglof

Jun 10, 2017
this project looks more and more like a milking project, he miss a lot of art and the story did not evolve in 1 year... and now there is a new additional project but we need to endorse once again...

Rizir

Feb 14, 2017
this project looks more and more like a milking project, he miss a lot of art and the story did not evolve in 1 year... and now there is a new additional project but we need to endorse once again...
He's only screwing himself over, people are going to move on if this keeps going, there's A LOT of games in the making out there. Shame really, I enjoyed the art and I was expecting more development into "you're the bad guy" and actually seeing our character becoming more evil, instead we're forced to play the victim most of the time and be cucked into oblivion just like his donators.

Wol

Aug 30, 2016
Honestly having seperate patreons for each project is preferable to me, since this way the team members can put in time to each project based on its monthly income, rather than having one patreon with updates spread out over 3 separate games.

Douglof

Jun 10, 2017
Honestly having seperate patreons for each project is preferable to me, since this way the team members can put in time to each project based on its monthly income, rather than having one patreon with updates spread out over 3 separate games.
Yes, i agree but before starting a new project (with the same team...) he could finish the first part of Seeds of Chaos

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
We're probably actually going to move on the trainer before the Seeds of Chaos is completed. However, I doubt there will be very much news about it until the latter part of this year. It's still in the design phase.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
The update schedule has nothing to do with the presence or absence of side projects. The reason why monthly releases aren't starting until Febuary is that it takes two months to make an update time wise because of the process of tasks. Writers need to take a month to write content then artists need to take a month to draw. What monthly release means is both can be working on different releases simultaneously as opposed to one at a time. As a result, the transition to a release every month cycle takes a full month because we need to accumulate enough material for update every month.

Aug 26, 2016
The update schedule has nothing to do with the presence or absence of side projects. The reason why monthly releases aren't starting until Febuary is that it takes two months to make an update time wise because of the process of tasks. Writers need to take a month to write content then artists need to take a month to draw. What monthly release means is both can be working on different releases simultaneously as opposed to one at a time. As a result, the transition to a release every month cycle takes a full month because we need to accumulate enough material for update every month.
This is somewhat reassuring, but at the same time I still have my doubts about all this extra work you guys are taking on.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
It's not extra work for individuals though. He's mostly been hiring new people for these other stuff or using his own free time. DM does the majority of Seeds of Chaos' writing and design and he hasn't moved. Arioch's primary role is manager with also writing and design side stuff. He's also bringing in new writers specifically for SoC, increasing hours to correspond with Patreon rise, and paying for more art.

On the creative end the number of hours going into SoC is ramping up. I also don't touch the financials. However, if I had to hazard a guess most if not all of the SoC Patreon is going directly into salaries for people working specifically on SoC. It looks to me like he's mostly paying out of pocket for the side projects, which he can do because he has other income.

Don't quote me on that for sure. It's the impression I've got having seen the process in action and actually knowing the guy.

Being worried that more side project stuff will harm the game you love is both natural and even admirable. But, more work is going into SoC every month, not less. You're also going to see more over time too that the other stuff being worked on is really cool. I'm making part of it, so I should fucking hope so. It's not other games instead of SoC. It's SoC + extra.

I didn't even clear this post with Arioch first. He'll be as surprised I'm saying all this as anyone else. This is just what I actually think. I'm genuinely really energized by the work going on and I just really want to share that energy. I understand why the optics aren't great. But, both SoC and the rest of the Venus Noire related projects are being made by people fucking thrilled to be a part of this process, and I cannot overstate how glad I personally am and how glad I've seen everyone else is that there are so many people invested in what we're making.

Disclaimer: this post reflects the views and knowledge of the writer and isn't an official statement from Venus Noire.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes