Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
I honestly don't get why people get so precious of "their" fetish that anything else becomes a distraction. I have found myself hoping to see Rowan have more chances to be dominant, like he is with the village girls for example. However I enjoy anything he does with Jezera and overall the only thing that doesn't turn me on in the game is male x male. Maybe I'm polyfetish or something, but as long as the game continues to get updates, I'm happy.
I will shock you with perversity. Please take a sit. Some peoples are play not for fap on scenes, but for story too. Itch, yean. :)

And for them it's quite important how story will end. Currently there's two possible outcomes (ofk with endless variations around):
1) Rowan will stay with twins dick&strap-on in his ass for whole life.
2) He will somehow manage to kill them (self or not).

So I asked a question in hope for third option - Rowan will take overtake leadership and take place with his dick in twins butts :happyblush.

No means - no. And nothing to deal with fetishes, likes or dislikes - I just want to know what's kind of main story is.

Aug 26, 2016
Not really, he always said from the start you'd be a good guy forced into a difficult position, with hard ethical decisions, and any real evil paths would occur late game (which it is still nowhere near). All the forum threads are still there, go look. The thing is a lot of people assumed it was an evil overlord game, and got butthurt when it wasn't, but this whole HE LIED thing is a crock of shit.
Oh? And how many people have read all these forum threads as opposed to reading one or two posts, checking out the patreon page and then coming to a perfectly understandable conclusion about the game's content that later turned out to be at least in part incorrect?

Dec 3, 2017
I will shock you with perversity. Please take a sit. Some peoples are play not for fap on scenes, but for story too. Itch, yean. :)

And for them it's quite important how story will end. Currently there's two possible outcomes (ofk with endless variations around):
1) Rowan will stay with twins dick&strap-on in his ass for whole life.
2) He will somehow manage to kill them (self or not).

So I asked a question in hope for third option - Rowan will take overtake leadership and take place with his dick in twins butts :happyblush.

No means - no. And nothing to deal with fetishes, likes or dislikes - I just want to know what's kind of main story is.
I like story too, that's why I'm here. You are hugely reducing and simplifying the end of the story. The main question the game toys with is "How far is Rowan willing to go to protect the people he cares about?" It's about each step that pushes him further into corruption, or each moment of resistance that keeps him true to his goals. It takes time to build that story. A story that isn't even 1/6 of the way finished. After all, there are six realms, and we're about halfway through conquering the first one. Rowan's dominance will be built slowly like everything else, where he becomes slightly more dominant each time you step down that path, until he is eventually completely dominant. He's not going to suddenly just throw Jezera on the floor and facefuck her til she's unconscious, that would be a massive jump in character and bad writing.

There's a lot more nuance available for the ending of this story than just "who's dick is in who?" Rowan and Alexia could defeat the demons, undo as much harm as they can, and go back to their simple life. They could become lords of Rosaria due to their defeat of the demons. Rowan could be shunned and hunted the rest of his days for helping the demons, or he could lead the demons to victory, becoming their second - in - command throughout the six realms. There are a ton of possibilities between all of those things, but they won't develop for quite some time.

Finally, please don't patronize me. I'm sorry if my statement came across as aggressive, I didn't mean to be. In your reply, you clearly tried to belittle me. Disagreement and discussion is great, and can help the game's presence on this site and as a whole, attacking each other is not.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I honestly don't get why people get so precious of "their" fetish that anything else becomes a distraction.
Well, it is an adult game after all, so if it doesn't arouse you in some way you're usually better off playing something else.
Of course there are titles that you can actually enjoy just for the story or gameplay, without ever taking your hand off the mouse, but those are rare and, for me at least, this isn't one of them.

That said, I would've stayed clear of the game and this thread if I had been aware that it isn't what I'm looking for. I was in the same boat as Burningman a few posts further up. The description of the game's core features made me think I would enjoy this and so after playing an earlier version I simply assumed that sooner or later you'd get to turn things around. It doesn't help that when I asked for clarification I was told that some real maledom content was definitely coming... later.
So yeah, it's not that I can't tolerate any game that doesn't address my personal preferences, it's that I wasn't aware this title was never going to be for me to begin with.

I think NTR can go well with dominant content, especially for people who like to turn the tables on dominant types, plus it adds risk to the game, you fuck up you get cucked but if you manage to make it through it gets all the more rewarding. I realize it's a bit of a niche tho
Careful with NTR, that's really triggering for some and can completely ruin a game that might otherwise hit the spot. The devs were definitely right to keep that part strictly optional.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
You are hugely reducing and simplifying the end of the story.
Yes, and do it on purpose : at first I really doubt that devs will share whole story with me, at second - I don't want to know it now. All I wanted is an answer is Rowan dom part on table and in devs current plans or not, not spoilers for future content.

Finally, please don't patronize me. I'm sorry if my statement came across as aggressive, I didn't mean to be. In your reply, you clearly tried to belittle me. Disagreement and discussion is great, and can help the game's presence on this site and as a whole, attacking each other is not.
I'm really sorry - I just tried to joke around a bit (this why I had used several smiles). No offence, only misunderstanding and possible cultural difference. Sorry for not being Borg :)

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Rowan's dominance will be built slowly like everything else, where he becomes slightly more dominant each time you step down that path, until he is eventually completely dominant.
About that...
This is mainly why I think the classic hero-underdog-story works a lot better in literature, in movies and in non-adult games. For the sake of argument, let's assume that the first half of the game is the player being submissive to the demons, followed by a third quarter of power struggle and in the last quarter you finally get to be on top.
If you're a switch, or a really tolerant vanilla, then that's perfectly fine of course. Subs probably won't mind either since the devs are almost certain to allow the player to stay submissive in some way to please that part of their core audience.
For someone with dominant tendencies, however, that means that at least half of the game is clearly not for them and that they'd have to go for a very long time with very little adult content (or suffering through scenes they actively dislike) to get to the "good parts".

Again, I'm not demanding they change the game so it caters to my personal taste. As far as I'm concerned they should stick to whatever their paying customers prefer. I'm just saying that making a (non-vanilla) story-driven adult game for everyone is a lot of work and allowing players to seize power in the last 5 minutes won't suddenly make this maledom-compatible.

Rizir

Feb 14, 2017
Well, it is an adult game after all, so if it doesn't arouse you in some way you're usually better off playing something else.
Of course there are titles that you can actually enjoy just for the story or gameplay, without ever taking your hand off the mouse, but those are rare and, for me at least, this isn't one of them.

That said, I would've stayed clear of the game and this thread if I had been aware that it isn't what I'm looking for. I was in the same boat as Burningman a few posts further up. The description of the game's core features made me think I would enjoy this and so after playing an earlier version I simply assumed that sooner or later you'd get to turn things around. It doesn't help that when I asked for clarification I was told that some real maledom content was definitely coming... later.
So yeah, it's not that I can't tolerate any game that doesn't address my personal preferences, it's that I wasn't aware this title was never going to be for me to begin with.

Careful with NTR, that's really triggering for some and can completely ruin a game that might otherwise hit the spot. The devs were definitely right to keep that part strictly optional.
Should've explained myself better, I am up for the NTR if some people want it, I am also glad it's optional. What I meant was, it would be 100x better if you could turn the tables. In a setting where you're a hero being corrupted into a villain, not being able to turn the tables and dominate your capturers, kill your wife/enslave her, rape whom you please, etc... it falls short. Because then you're not really a villain, just some hero still trying to do good under a bad situation and if following certain choices becoming a victim more often than not. I would love to have the option of teaching Alexia a lesson for her infidelity but I can't, I would love to turn Andras into my bitch but I can't.

It's probably something they'll add in the future ( I am hoping ) but this was basically just me giving my 2 cents on NTR, I am not a fan of NTR when the game "forces you" to be "okay" with it, what I mean is, when NTR happens, if for some reason you made the "wrong" choice, you should get an option for payback if you decide to go for a darker route. This would include possible enslavement of the twins, punishment of your wife, etc...

Burningman

Feb 17, 2018
Ok played two hours and its not what i was thinking about...

i dont really care that there is male dom fucking rowan, even less that he is a sub, its is the fact that you cant be a dom that bugs me.
come on, he was one of the heroes who killed a lot of demons and the king, we expect him to not lower his head i even got my first game over thinking they would force him out of prison slowly and change his mind like she did when talked about noble power or who command the six realms, he could control the human cities he capture, etc.
But no, i just get a flat game over, the fact the game 'force' a sub person in him is what bugs me even if he is a 'normal' hero he was still a hero, i was thinking you could later overthrow the twins and be the king if you want or control then and be a shadow controling the country or you could do the same but being a sub the twins own you and you're second in command, i was expecting more freedom of choice but it is still early the game is good but i really hope they add more freedom, like i said in my other post is way more satisfactory if you can choose to be a dom or SUB maybe a little couter from -10 to 10 and if you play right you can be a dom and get more freedom in the choices you make(like need at least 8 dom to not get fucked in the ass or something and if you have -5 you get fucked without even having to answer) or just fuck everything up and become a sub because of your choice, that choice to save that village? that have made you lose your bargain chip to not get fucked in the ass so -1 dom to you this type of thing.
well pretty long post good luck i will wait for it in the future to see how it goes.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Because then you're not really a villain, just some hero still trying to do good under a bad situation and if following certain choices becoming a victim more often than not.
That's pretty much exactly what I said on the previous page and my comment wasn't received well.
So yeah, we're in full agreement there.

As for NTR as a punishment, if it's optional then sure. Unfortunately it wouldn't really work for this game yet as there is no way to make the "right" choice and no option to teach anyone a lesson of any kind.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I have to say, T51B Winterised... I love that name. ;)

Of course, nothing compares to the Enclave Mk1!

I cannot wait to read what you have put into the game, as I will be happy to see more Dom Rowan content, where there hasn't been very much recently.
The Enclave Mk1 doesn't have near infinite durability. Never have to repair it again. Booyah! It's not just me either. Yron is also making a more dom focused storyline too. Expect to see some of his scenes this month too.

About that...
This is mainly why I think the classic hero-underdog-story works a lot better in literature, in movies and in non-adult games. For the sake of argument, let's assume that the first half of the game is the player being submissive to the demons, followed by a third quarter of power struggle and in the last quarter you finally get to be on top.
If you're a switch, or a really tolerant vanilla, then that's perfectly fine of course. Subs probably won't mind either since the devs are almost certain to allow the player to stay submissive in some way to please that part of their core audience.
For someone with dominant tendencies, however, that means that at least half of the game is clearly not for them and that they'd have to go for a very long time with very little adult content (or suffering through scenes they actively dislike) to get to the "good parts".

Again, I'm not demanding they change the game so it caters to my personal taste. As far as I'm concerned they should stick to whatever their paying customers prefer. I'm just saying that making a (non-vanilla) story-driven adult game for everyone is a lot of work and allowing players to seize power in the last 5 minutes won't suddenly make this maledom-compatible.
Look. This is a heavily story focused game, with plenty of fairly vanilla content, all of the femdomme/NTR/Male on Male is skip-able. There's already some lightly maledom content. More directly maledom is coming approximately...now. It's not like you have to go far into the game at all to get the kind of content you're looking for. If you're asking we throw in a scene where you make Jezera suck your dick in the throne room at the end of prologue, that shit ain't happening.

Hell, we're also making a spin off where you start as a male dom in minute one. I'm talking to Arioch about time tables for development as we speak.

Now it's not like aren't listening to feedback. We see that people clearly want some kind of option to at least stop working for the demons before the third act of the game, and if it's possible to implement that without taking too much away from development resources then we'll do it. It will also possible to move more overtly from reluctant hero to full on villain much earlier then you expect. Many of the more villainous scenes are already in the game and will be available once it becomes mechanically possible to gain enough corruption. We listen to feedback.

But, at the same time, speaking as a card carrying member of my local dungeon who plays exclusively hetero maledom, I can tell you that the options are available in the game to have a good (sexual) experience with the game with that orientation right now if you run through it with that mindset. The next update, and subsequent updates afterwards, will only expand on this ability.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Look. This is a heavily story focused game, with plenty of fairly vanilla content, all of the femdomme/NTR/Male on Male is skip-able.
I'm fully aware of that and I already mentioned at least once in this thread that making potentially offensive sexual content optional was a really good call on your part.

There's already some lightly maledom content. More directly maledom is coming approximately...now. It's not like you have to go far into the game at all to get the kind of content you're looking for. If you're asking we throw in a scene where you make Jezera suck your dick in the throne room at the end of prologue, that shit ain't happening.
I didn't ask for any scene, maledom or otherwise. This whole discussion started with me asking if the player finally gets to be the bad guy as initially advertised, but I never made any demands.
If more dominant content is coming then great, if not then that's fine too. I'm not currently your patron and don't have to be catered to.

Hell, we're also making a spin off where you start as a male dom in minute one. I'm talking to Arioch about time tables for development as we speak.

It will also possible to move more overtly from reluctant hero to full on villain much earlier then you expect. Many of the more villainous scenes are already in the game and will be available once it becomes mechanically possible to gain enough corruption.
That's good to hear. I'm sure you'll understand if I reserve judgment until the spin-off game and those scenes are actually available to the public. The nature of Patreon promises and all that.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I will simply say that our desire is that everyone who plays our game should enjoy it, free or not. Obviously, we're going to put some special attention into the priorities of our patrons, but not being a patron doesn't make you chopped liver either. Non-patrons should have a voice and a means to give feedback too.

megh

Aug 27, 2017
I will simply say that our desire is that everyone who plays our game should enjoy it, free or not. Obviously, we're going to put some special attention into the priorities of our patrons, but not being a patron doesn't make you chopped liver either. Non-patrons should have a voice and a means to give feedback too.

I gotta say I'm impressed with your responses in this thread. Not a lot of people take the heat for their games here without taking their ball and going home, so to speak.

I'm a fan of pretty much all the content you guys are including in the game except fem-dom, so keep up the good work with the vanilla, NTR, M/M and maledom!

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I gotta say I'm impressed with your responses in this thread. Not a lot of people take the heat for their games here without taking their ball and going home, so to speak.

I'm a fan of pretty much all the content you guys are including in the game except fem-dom, so keep up the good work with the vanilla, NTR, M/M and maledom!
Gonna start by just stressing for a second that this isn't my game, it's Arioch's. I haven't put in a tiny fraction of the time, energy, workload, or cash that he has. But, everyone feels a bit of a connection with something they've worked on, you know?

You gotta remember that I'm not a PR spokesman for the game, not am I Arioch himself. I can only talk about my own experience working on the Venus Noire team and whatever I've observed about the rest of the team that feels ethical to talk about. If I'm defending the project, it's because I'm personally passionate. If I'm defending the people making it, it's because Arioch is a good friend of mine and I feel that he doesn't deserve a lot of the flack he gets. But, at the same time I'm also a fan and player of H-games first, and I can hardly be mad at people for coming to their own conclusions about development processes that are imperfect. Even the people giving the game heat. I get it.

I can just do my best to share my perspective and empathize with the people sharing their own player side perspective.

Regarding keeping it up? Well, that's the plan! I don't actually know at this point what we're all working on next month just yet, but I hope you enjoy it.

Jan 23, 2018
I like the game so far, love the art, and the prologue "tutorial" voiced scene is amazing, kind of wish the other scenes are voiced as well (unless I am doing something wrong?)

Aside from that, what should we expect in terms of scenes vs CG's? Many of the CG's seem that were intended as scenes by the multiple transitions (the goblin scenes, the demon scenes etc) so is that something to progress to in the future?

Finally do we have an approximate percentage of where we at in terms of the full game? are we like 10% there, 40%?

Are there plans to fully voice -all- scenes?

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
I am really happy to see that Rowan is getting more dom content. Crossing my fingers for Rowan to turn the tables on X'zartyl and teach that futa how it's like to get fucked.

Reactions: Douglof
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes