Jan 10, 2018
Hey, some of those minor characters types even had their own CGs! I'm with you, I'd love to see some more development of them and see what outcomes ultimately befell many of them (or future interactions that they may have with our protagonists) due to the consequences of the MC's actions. There is a wealth of potential, interesting storylines there. ^^
Mmm, but that's the problem, isn't it? There's enough potential there that pursuing it would take a very, very long time to do any of it justice. To say nothing of future minor characters.

But maybe if we had the writers cloned, or something...

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I think many of them could just be given a few lines of what happened to them somewhere along the way. Sort of like an epilogue for those characters. In some fashion, the MCs may learn what directions their lives went (or ended).

However, then there are those minor characters that had more substance (including character or scene CGs) that may have more of a lasting impact upon the MCs, Bloodmeen, or the world itself. Take, for instance, Ygriss (which unless I'm mistaken doesn't have a continuing or concluding arc for her)...
SoC - 35_Ygriss.gif
She is randomly encountered on a mountain hex, but has her own event chain. Depending on how that goes, Ygriss may end up declaring herself as one of Rowan's wives! Think about how that may go when she finally shows up at Bloodmeen to stand by Rowan's side as his loyal sword and spear. This would be quite an ongoing development! If nothing else, Alexia may have a few interesting thoughts on the matter (or at least, a few choice words) on having a monstrous sister-wife...

Y'know, that's just one example. Doesn't have to be all-inclusive for everyone that the MCs encountered (whether by Rowan or Alexia, or even by others). A few lines stating what happened to them would be fine for the minor, minor characters; and maybe something with a little more meat for the major, minor characters.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
We want to populate our minor events with intiresting people. But, if we took every single intiresting minor character and gave them follow up, we'd be burried under material. So if we want intiresting minor characters to appear, some of them must remain minor.

A few will come back where they make sense, of course. But Sister Gwen is an example of one I don't think will return.

dhuemnptai

Jul 23, 2019
A few will come back where they make sense, of course. But Sister Gwen is an example of one I don't think will return.
She could come back in an event like the one where Jezera lets Rowan pick one of the maids to "stress relief" him. Not too much development, but more like an easter egg...

Yeah, I wanted Rowan to have something out of that encounter but demons took everything. :cautious:

rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, I wanted Rowan to have something out of that encounter but demons took everything.
Same here i encountered this whole monastery of corrupted nuns and was like:
- Hell YEh time for some booty!!!
And game was like:
- Wnna suk this demon dick? :KEK:
- Hell no!
- Okay gonna watch then!
- Sad pikachu face.

But Sister Gwen is an example of one I don't think will return.
I just hope we can have some faithful character we can corrupt =)
We serving demons after all . its the name of the game.

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I just hope we can have some faithful character we can corrupt =)
We serving demons after all . its the name of the game.
Well, I mean there's already Helayna if you go that route, but I get what you mean. ;)
I get that not all those side characters will get any more screen time. A few lines might be nice if nothing else, but what T51bwinterized said above about where the team may revisit a few where they make sense has really piqued my interest. ^^ Anyway, here's Hel...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I recall, when she first arrived on the scene, Helayna turned out more popular than the team expected her to be and eventually got a couple progression arcs out of it. Cool, right?

rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Helena was in love with main character so she is super easy.
+ she got the ring that will corrupt her anyway
What i was talking about is someone with strong faith in goddess of light (always forget her name).
Someone with strong will and conviction. Some one challenging... hard to crack.
Someone who hate Rowan for his part in all this.

Reactions: Back

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Is it possible change relationships with code anytime I want ? And I cant get the greyhide scenes with alexia
I mean, you can pretty much change all the variables with the console, though there's always a chance that will mess things up. If you're asking if that would unlock Greyhide/Alexia scenes, I have no clue the requirements for the Greyhide/Alexia scenes but have always assumed they were triggered by Rowan's choices when getting drunk with Greyhide and at the dinner with all three, which would be done with True/False variables, not numbers.

If so, it is...possible to change those, but often a bad idea with the console in this game. It's very possible you miss some variables and make scenes impossible to proc unless you go back in and fix things.

TLDR: Editing variables is easy, but editing True/False stuff can go badly. It's generally best to stick to changing number variables unless you're willing to put in a lot of legwork.

Jan 10, 2018
I mean, you can pretty much change all the variables with the console, though there's always a chance that will mess things up. If you're asking if that would unlock Greyhide/Alexia scenes, I have no clue the requirements for the Greyhide/Alexia scenes but have always assumed they were triggered by Rowan's choices when getting drunk with Greyhide and at the dinner with all three, which would be done with True/False variables, not numbers.
If I recall correctly, the current version just requires that both Rowan and Alexia be low corruption, that at least one of you slept with Greyhide (otherwise, Jezera just calls you all "boring" at the big confrontation), and that the earlier scenes fired. It's been a while since I saw the relevant code, though, so I may have overlooked something.

It's not hard for someone's corruption to get too high for the scene, though, so I'd assume that's the culprit.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Is it possible change relationships with code anytime I want ? And I cant get the greyhide scenes with alexia
If I recall correctly, the current version just requires that both Rowan and Alexia be low corruption, that at least one of you slept with Greyhide (otherwise, Jezera just calls you all "boring" at the big confrontation), and that the earlier scenes fired. It's been a while since I saw the relevant code, though, so I may have overlooked something.

It's not hard for someone's corruption to get too high for the scene, though, so I'd assume that's the culprit.
If so, then that should be an easy fix with console commands. If you don't know them, ozomozyan, there's a list of them in the linked post in my sig.

Reactions: mehGusta

Jan 10, 2018
so can anybody nicely sums up the whole story in 10 sentences ?
The Six Heroes slew the rightful ruler of all creation Demon Lord Karnas, saving the continent from the forces of Chaos in the name of Solansia. That should have been the end of things, however...

Karnas had children before he died; a son as mighty as he was cruel, and a daughter as scheming as she was brilliant. The two of them inherited no mighty armies, but plotted anew in the ruins of his old keep. If this world had heroes mighty enough to slay such a force of nature, then surely they would be unstoppable with such power on their side, and the world would belong to them...

They did not aim for the mightiest hero, nor the most brilliant, nor the best mage; instead, they turned their eyes to the most resourceful, the most scheming, the one whom the nobles had used up and cast aside as a "dirt general" whose rise had been a violation of Solansia's order. They kidnapped his wife, and bad him to serve them in return for both their lives.

What will become of them, you ask? Will the hero become a monster, or will he cling to "doing the right thing"; will his wife balm his conscience, or be twisted by the castle's evils? Well, that's all up to you, isn't it...

(Apologies if that was a bit melodramatic, I wanted it to serve as a good hook. Though, I could have made it smoother with twenty sentences... Also, apologies for the "rightful ruler of all creation" joke; it'll make sense after Skordred's events.)

DAY LATER EDIT: It was really bugging me after I noticed, so I changed a line to reduce a bit of unnecessary repetition, even if its way too late.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The Six Heroes slew the rightful ruler of all creation Demon Lord Karnas, saving the continent from the forces of Chaos in the name of Solansia. That should have been the end of things, however...

Karnas had children before he died; a son as mighty as he was cruel, and a daughter as scheming as she was brilliant. The two of them inherited no mighty armies, but plotted anew in the ruins of his old keep. If this world had heroes mighty enough to slay such a force of nature, then surely they would be unstoppable with such power on their side, and the world would be theirs...

They did not aim for the mightiest hero, nor the most brilliant, nor the best mage; instead, they turned their eyes to the most resourceful, the most scheming, the one whom the nobles had used up and cast aside as a "dirt general" whose rise had been a violation of Solansia's order. They kidnapped his wife, and bad him to serve them in return for both their lives.

What will become of them, you ask? Will the hero become a monster, or will he cling to "doing the right thing"; will his wife balm his conscience, or be twisted by the castle's evils? Well, that's all up to you, isn't it...

(Apologies if that was a bit melodramatic, I wanted it to serve as a good hook. Though, I could have made it smoother with twenty sentences... Also, apologies for the "rightful ruler of all creation" joke; it'll make sense after Skordred's events.)
Quite a nice synopsis. (y)

-CerealKiller-

Nov 8, 2017
So I was going through the game files and noticed the following lines for an orc camp exploration event (the the_orc_slaves_fate event in orciad_explore_4.rpy to be exact):
Code:
if delane_status == "free":
    "After he rescued Delane, Batri made sure he would lose no other slave. The guards now had strict patrol routes and inspected everyone leaving the camp."
    "Another rescue was impossible."
This implies that it should still be possible to enter the camp after Delane's escape. However, from what I could gather from the code, if Delane escapes, it results in Baltri winning the fight against Ulcro and then banning Rowan from entering the camp, and finally Tarish taking control after Baltri dies. So am I missing something or is that piece of code an oversight and those conditions (free Delane and accessible camp) impossible?

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes