D

Deleted member 3108502

The game's code is being heavily updated, to finally bring forth the vision we always had for the game. Sadly, this does result in us breaking saves far, far, far too often to my liking.

I don't like. Nay, I downright hate it. But the choice is either:
- Put a stop to all updates until the game's code is brought up to speed.
- Continue parallel developement of both Code/Mechanics and Story, breaking saves almost every release.

Perhaps the latter choice is not pretty. And perhaps we could maitain our current level of backing while going with the former - we know some developers manage it, racking in thousands without releasing an update for months. Our opinion on such practices we'll keep to ourselves.

For the time being, the grind continues. Hopefully, the painful part of it will be over soon.
Honestly, I think the first option might have been a better option here. Im not a coder, I have no idea what updating code is about but breaking saves every release, forcing players to start over again and again and again will only piss them off, to put it bluntly. Or, like in my case, stop playing the game. But thats just my opinion, im just one of many who plays your game. Just... why release an update when players cant play the update (unless they want to start from a scratch every time of course... ) is the question I'm not getting... Or maybe, why update something that worked well so far if it brings so much troubles?

D

Deleted member 3108502

Can someone share saved files with me. I last played till the point when Rowan was about to attack Rastadel. I had kept saved files from then but it is not working for some reason. I don't want to start all over again. Any help would be appreciated
I have the same problem mate.. I refuse to start from scratch :/

MonkOne

Jul 8, 2017
Seeds of Chaos Extended Scene Replay Mod
by MonkOne
Features:
  • Add all scenes in Walkthrough file to scenes replay.
  • Option to filterout NTR and/or gay scenes in scenes replay.
Download:
Install:
  • Extract downloaded archive into game folder(where executable file is).
Changelog:
Version 0264aM1:
  • Update to game version 0.2.64a.
  • Add/Update following scenes with new CGs:
    • Ruler Events: succumbing to shaya 1CG
    • Job Events - Maid: Recycled crop 1CG
    • World Events - Hills: talkative trader 6CG
    • Ruler Events: Greyhide finale alexia 8CG
    • Ruler Events: Greyhide finale rowan 7CG
    • Ruler Events: Greyhide finale poly 1CG
    • Alexia’s Corruption Event: the two slaves 6CG
    • Alexia’s Corruption Event: Jezera visit 6CG

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Preview View attachment 1144925
Mod updated to game version 0.2.64a. Again, I only add scenes with CGs, new scenes in this updates that doesn't have any CGs will be leave out until they have CGs.

D

Deleted member 3108502

Alright, you heard the guy. Lock the thread, no updates for the next 6 months.

/s
i expect nobody will take me seriously since im not supporting you with my money, even tho i was polite with my criticism. just wanted to let you know that not everyone shares your look at the 'best approach' to current situation ;)
gl hf with your game tho, but im out since it's not playable. And thanks for avoiding my questions.

• Angry
Reactions: Sillnill
Oct 8, 2018
They would lose money/patrons if they stopped releasing updates while reworking the code.
Sadly not viable in subscription based money making model.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
i expect nobody will take me seriously since im not supporting you with my money, even tho i was polite with my criticism. just wanted to let you know that not everyone shares your look at the 'best approach' to current situation ;)
gl hf with your game tho, but im out since it's not playable. And thanks for avoiding my questions.
Hi, I’m also a filthy pirate, but I have a question for you.

Is there a functional difference between the devs doing the option you prefer and the devs doing what they’re doing now if you choose to wait to try a new version until the major systems updates are over?

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Love her.
So when I first claim Helayna and have the option in my room to do something with her I should keep doing that over and over to keep her there?

Also could you add back in the RenPy unlimited saves? Not sure why you removed them since that is the default for RenPy but I make lots of saves because then I can go back to scenes I want to watch again and replay them but I won't be able to do that with the limited amount of save slots :cry: .

Reactions: monk_56

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Hi, I’m also a filthy pirate, but I have a question for you.

Is there a functional difference between the devs doing the option you prefer and the devs doing what they’re doing now if you choose to wait to try a new version until the major systems updates are over?
From one (objectively) filthy pirate to another... Nope.

For clarity's sake, I haven't played any updates for this in a long time (same with some others I follow), but have been keeping an eye on the thread, and either option would've been just fine.
After all, it's a game under active development and we're playing "samples" of an unfinished product.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
So when I first claim Helayna and have the option in my room to do something with her I should keep doing that over and over to keep her there?

Also could you add back in the RenPy unlimited saves? Not sure why you removed them since that is the default for RenPy but I make lots of saves because then I can go back to scenes I want to watch again and replay them but I won't be able to do that with the limited amount of save slots :cry: .
Nah, just wait until she's recovered, and when she confesses her love, accept her confession.

From one (objectively) filthy pirate to another... Nope.

For clarity's sake, I haven't played any updates for this in a long time (same with some others I follow), but have been keeping an eye on the thread, and either option would've been just fine.
After all, it's a game under active development and we're playing "samples" of an unfinished product.
Well. when you (hopefully legally) come back to the game, there's going to be a whole bunch of good stuff waiting for you.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Nah, just wait until she's recovered, and when she confesses her love, accept her confession.
Actually I figured out what went wrong. When I came back to the room and she talked to me about her regaining her mind.

I chose "Rowan waited to let her finish" which doesn't give me the option to tell her that I love her too.

Mar 31, 2018
assuming it's not linear, does the game have some kind of chapter select where you can pick what you're doing? from what i'm reading it seems like there are multiple diff stories but no way to just start one unless u ask some1 for a save

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
there's going to be a whole bunch of good stuff waiting for you.
Oh I know that, and I somewhat dislike my choice of wanting to gorge myself on all the "new" content I'll find, instead of "smaller mouthfuls", but it's going to be worth it :devilish: ;)

can you play female characters or only the male
You primarily play as Rowan, but other times you also (briefly) play as Alexia.

Ellioto

Sep 26, 2017
anyone know what the new goblin scene is called? i cant get it to trigger having her work the bar and also cant see it on unrens barmaid job selection

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes