ralkan55

Feb 17, 2018
Can anyone tell me how to open console.And switch console button from shift + o to another samething like del or f12 .ı'm playing from android so shift o dont work for me.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Despite searching a bit I haven't found much advice on what skills and stats and feats people focus on or think are definitely worth considering. Usually you find such info in walkthroughs but not in those I've found so far. In this thread, questions regarding leveling seem to focus on how to do it interface wise, there isn't much discussion on what's quite useful.

Anyone would like to share what they've found effective? Perhaps people who had to replay the game more than once?

Anyhow this seems like a great rpg, still starting out.

Edit: I noticed this skill/attribute system has been slated for a rework for quite a long time, but still I must assume some are overused and other underused in the current build. So far my searches only revealed that Swim doesn't seem to be used so that's one I know to skip :)

Last edited:

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
I think you worded that badly. Are you saying this happened when you tried to do trade with a new village? The stack trace indicates that is the case since this piece:

Code:
  File "game/events/village_encounter.rpy", line 106, in <module>
    $ choose_and_insert_next_event('village_trade')
is in this block of village_encounter.rpy:

Code:
    "Trade with it" if castle.buildings['tavern'].lvl > 0:
        $ released_fix_rollback()
        # Requires a tavern.
        # Gain a lose a small amount of infamy.  Lose a bit of corruption.
        $ change_base_stat('c', -1)
        $ change_base_stat('f', -1)
        # TODO The village's military strength can no longer be removed from the realm.
        # Alexia likes this choice in Rosaria.
        $ change_relation('alexia', 2)
        $ choose_and_insert_next_event('village_trade')
That choose_and_insert_next_event('village_trade') call is line 106 in the source. This is code that's been in the release for quite some time.

TLDR version. Are you saying you are never able to choose the trade route and get this every time, or was it working and then blew up all of a sudden? The latter indicates your event stack got corrupted somehow, and it's time to load from a save.

That being said, when I ran meld on the game folder for this release against the last one, I noticed that someone had changed the conditions rules for the various events grouped under the group 'village_trade' from what Python considers tuples to lists instead by using "[" and "]" instead of "(" and ")". So, for example:

Code:
event('trade_ev2', triggers='village_trade',  conditions=('not cant_trade_with_villages'), run_count=1, group='village_trade', priority=pr_map_res)
is now

Code:
event('trade_ev2', triggers='village_trade',  conditions=['not cant_trade_with_villages'], run_count=1, group='village_trade', priority=pr_map_res)
There's about 5 events like this between village_encounters.rpy and village_trade_2.rpy that changed, but trade_ev1 was left untouched between releases. I've seen Python treat a string constant as a lone element in a list object as if it were a list of the individual characters (ie, ['test'] actually internalizes as ['t','e','s','t']). It doesn't do this when you have a tuple ('test') instead. One way to force Python to behave is to leave an empty item at the end like ['test',] and you will end up with a single item list with the string constant as you might expect.

My theory would be that Python is being stupid with the list initialization for the conditions because they are single string items getting broken up into lists of individual letters. The event manager then commits suicide trying to deal with the resulting garbage. That didn't happen before because they were tuples like pretty much every other event in the 50 some odd event files that are out there.
Maybe it's the way the game assign events (many of them are just too random), there is not an exactly patron between them nor unique in every scenario, the same village can be visited after loading several times and have several different events, and that would cause problems in garbage collection (specially if user is boring because it played all the events before and is just using CTRL like there is no tomorrow), I had to began a new fresh start because in the first run after update all the village were the same, never could trade with them because error, the new game i began now just happen once (because i take it with more calm).

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
In terms of the number of skill checks for events, the top checks are for diplomacy, stealth and spotting. Second tier are climbing and acrobatics for scoping out hilltop mines and dodgy bridges, and lockpicking and pickpocket for rescuing nymphs and clipping merchants gold.

Despite searching a bit I haven't found much advice on what skills and stats and feats people focus on or think are definitely worth considering. Usually you find such info in walkthroughs but not in those I've found so far. In this thread, questions regarding leveling seem to focus on how to do it interface wise, there isn't much discussion on what's quite useful.

Anyone would like to share what they've found effective? Perhaps people who had to replay the game more than once?

Anyhow this seems like a great rpg, still starting out.

Edit: I noticed this skill/attribute system has been slated for a rework for quite a long time, but still I must assume some are overused and other underused in the current build. So far my searches only revealed that Swim doesn't seem to be used so that's one I know to skip :)

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
In terms of the number of skill checks for events, the top checks are for diplomacy, stealth and spotting. Second tier are climbing and acrobatics for scoping out hilltop mines and dodgy bridges, and lockpicking and pickpocket for rescuing nymphs and clipping merchants gold.
Lockpicking it is!

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
I guess you're talking about this one?

Code:
event('village_spoils', triggers='village_destroy',  run_count=1, group='village_destroy', priority=pr_map_res)
You must defeat the RNG gods when conquering a newly discovered village in order to get it selected from one of the random outcomes from the conquer option. Given the limited number of villages to play with, you'll probably want to re-enable debug mode in options.rpy so that you can rollback scum repeatedly in order to finally get it to come up.
Urghhhj. Unless there are new villages added to the map, i really don't know how I can get the outcome.
Is there a way I can "reset" a village so it's like a "new" village that I just stumbled upon?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You either have to use save before entering the village so that you can roll the dice repeatedly, or use rollback to back up to before the entry and try again. Edit your options.rpy file and enable debug mode. That both re-enables the console and rollback.

Urghhhj. Unless there are new villages added to the map, i really don't know how I can get the outcome.
Is there a way I can "reset" a village so it's like a "new" village that I just stumbled upon?

bigchadrealchad

Feb 10, 2021
1 Job Event: Tavern [Alexia x Goblins] [Threesome, Goblin Sex]

Can someone post pictures of that scene? Thanks
I went and checked for you and it seems like there's no pictures, it's basically just an event, we probably have to wait for them to make the art for it.

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
haha, we'd probably need something like a notification that gets carried over at the top of each new page of this thread that reminds us that added new scenes in an update don't also immediately get the necessary CGs yet

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
haha, we'd probably need something like a notification that gets carried over at the top of each new page of this thread that reminds us that added new scenes in an update don't also immediately get the necessary CGs yet
Do you really think people who seems incapable of searching or even reading a few posts above theirs would read a fixed post? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
I cannot believe we have this discussion every release.
To be fair, every new release brings in new people, and the thread is literally thousands of posts long. Even with the search function, it can be pretty hard to find relevant information.

To be fairer, a lot of the time a lot of these questions could be answered by scanning the last couple of pages worth of posts.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes