buqlaw

Jul 22, 2020
the map really confuses me no matter how many times I try this game... isn't there a guide for it or walkthrough or smthn?

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
the map really confuses me no matter how many times I try this game... isn't there a guide for it or walkthrough or smthn?
I’m not quite sure what’s confusing you about the map, but perhaps the links in my signature may be of some limited assistance.

SerCumaLot

Nov 29, 2020
One thing I noticed playing the last update:
The map doesn't seem to offer enough content right now to keep up with the stuff happening in the castle.
There is no balance between both parts, I'm in week 36 now and there is nothing left to do on the map besides running around and hoping for chance encounters.
I think that's not a new problem, but it seems to have gotten worse.

Reactions: Bouncerosterbounce

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
The map doesn't seem to offer enough content right now to keep up with the stuff happening in the castle.
There is no balance between both parts, I'm in week 36 now and there is nothing left to do on the map besides running around and hoping for chance encounters.
Keep in mind Act 1 is still missing one third of its map's area, the goblin forest still hasn't been added yet I believe.

It is true that if you optimize your movement you can go through most noteworthy locations before the timed events start getting in the way, but I personally don't think that's a bad thing. Devs probably wanted most noteworthy locations to be possible to visit in a blind playthrough, if you are optimizing your movement you can use your extra time to track random events like you mentioned.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I know. However, for me to fix that problem, two things need to be done:
- A functional skill system, so exploring quest locations isn't just a sightseeing tour.
- A proper sidequest UI, so the player is provided the information they need to find sidequests on the map once they become available.

Both elements are now being coded in, which means that soon enough, I'll be able to start populating the map with proper quest events.

Demandred20

Sep 12, 2019
I know. However, for me to fix that problem, two things need to be done:
- A functional skill system, so exploring quest locations isn't just a sightseeing tour.
- A proper sidequest UI, so the player is provided the information they need to find sidequests on the map once they become available.

Both elements are now being coded in, which means that soon enough, I'll be able to start populating the map with proper quest events.

Did a little test run earlier to see how much time burning through all the Bloodmeen events took in comparison to the map. About 2 and some years for the home events to get "exhausted". I captured Rastadel in just over a year so yeah there is a bit of an unbalance. And I´m pretty sure I missed quite a few events when doing that plus some questlines arent fully in yet. I´m thinking even with a bigger map/redone it might be that some things need to be speed up a little.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I'm aware of that too, the castle is god damn stacked.

Once the core of the skill rework is over - I am currently reviewing Orciad, which is the last segment that was written before we started phasing out the old skill/inventory system - I will be adding more events to character menu's for manual trigger. This will help a little.

After that... We'll see.

Last edited:

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
I guess you can always slow down Rowan's speed (how many tiles we get to explore each week), so exploring the map takes a bit longer.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
I guess you can always slow down Rowan's speed (how many tiles we get to explore each week), so exploring the map takes a bit longer.
I don’t think that’s a great idea without rebalancing other aspects of the game, as well—it’s pretty difficult to balance the research and income necessary to get the spy option for Raeve without getting a game over as is. Lowering movement speed—which would in turn lower the speed with which you can visit towns (increased income) and abbeys (increased research)—would mean that you’d really have to game the system to get the brothel built in time with enough gold leftover. Or it might just wind up impossible.

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Not sure what I'm doing wrong or did wrong. I've seen commentary and a fan-made walkthru that indicates there is/should be an event triggered to allow Rowan to keep Helayna by telling her he loves her.

I'm not sure what the benefit of keeping her is vs letting her escape.

Regardless I never got this option. Here is what I saw - using version 0.2.63
I claimed her. Brought her to my room. Alexia moved out.
She was horny the first day - it was a triggered event; all art was doggiestyle.
After returning from the exploration the next day I could click on the event for her, she was sad and pathetic and Rowan a DT BJ. That event skipped the week automatically upon finishing. I did it a second time, and again it skipped the week automatically.

I chose not to do this, anymore, because i was trying to find and recruit the big army I was tasked to do so.

About 6 weeks later, there was an event that triggered automatically where she was under the window and feeling a little more lucid and her old self with her old memories. I had two options: 1 - Help her escape. 2 - it was too risky, tell her not to.
I selected #2. 6 weeks later, an auto-even triggered that she was gone and I had to investigate it.

I went back to my save before I made that choice and helped her escape, and I went through with the planning etc, and then she was gone.

At no time was I given a chance to keep her, tell her I love her, or prevent her from escaping.

dhuemnptai

Jul 23, 2019
About 6 weeks later, there was an event that triggered automatically where she was under the window and feeling a little more lucid and her old self with her old memories. I had two options: 1 - Help her escape. 2 - it was too risky, tell her not to.
I selected #2. 6 weeks later, an auto-even triggered that she was gone and I had to investigate it.
If I remember right, in this same event, before you have the option to help her escape, you will have 3 options: Tell her it isn't her fault, embrace her or let her finish. If you choose any option except "let her finish", Rowan can say that he returns her feelings and make her stay.

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Thank you for the response. AH - that's where I need to go back to. I chose "let her finish".
So is there any great benefit to "loving her" and having her stay? Alexia for instance when she was in Rowan's room, you couldn't really interact with her. (unlike the elf woman that you can go visit whenever you want). it appears after she "escapes" Alexia doesn't move back in, so then you're just left with no one in your room. IS there a good reason to have Helayna stay I guess is what I'm asking.

Oct 13, 2020
In all fairness, she was always intended as the second most important character.
Certainly hope her role becomes even more prominent.
Where Rowan sometimes feels like a plot driving device she is much more of a character.
Rowan becoming corrupt is kinda part of the cause, he deals with demons to protects his wife.
With Alexia it feels much more like a choice making her escapades and slips into depravity more meaningful.

Wouldn't mind if in the future we could choose to play as her for parts of the game entirely, kinda role reversed.

Reactions: SerCumaLot

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you for the response. AH - that's where I need to go back to. I chose "let her finish".
So is there any great benefit to "loving her" and having her stay? Alexia for instance when she was in Rowan's room, you couldn't really interact with her. (unlike the elf woman that you can go visit whenever you want). it appears after she "escapes" Alexia doesn't move back in, so then you're just left with no one in your room. IS there a good reason to have Helayna stay I guess is what I'm asking.
Helayna is an important side character and letting her stay means that you will get more events with her. Later Rowan will have an option to start training her back into a knight (this segment is still not finished) or make her his permanent sex slave/concubine. If you like Helayna and are looking for more content involving her, I suggest you let her stay.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes