T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Any chance you'll do m/m scenes as well or are you only doing m/f? What about NTR? Are you writing that sort of scene, I mean Andras/Alexia is still mdom.
I probably won't write any M/m being entirely straight. DM and Lord Arioch normally do the M/m scenes, despite not being inclined that way much either. Also NTR isn't really my kink and is more associated with sub Rowan (though some of the Helayna variations might suggest otherwise). That said, it is M/f and F/f, so I will write it as need requires. For example I can confirm the exsistence of both Andras/Alexia and Jezera/Alexia sequences in works I'm writing over this month.

On a more direct note, I mostly mentioned that to refrence an absence. In particular NTR content is not something the game is hugely lacking. Does that mean that we plan on stopping making NTR? Jesus fuck no. We're led by the "cucklord" for a reason. Does that mean that on even slowing down making NTR? Negatory. Those extra game dev dollars the patrons put in pay for more writers with a broader range of kinks. But, NTR and Corruption are both going to remain exceptionally prominent kinks throughout the entire development cycle.

Also, I think the new guy Arioch's hiring who does M/m, but I'm not totally sure since I haven't spoken to him yet. For the love of god, don't quote me on that. Don't . You'd have to wait for some kind of announcement for anything approaching confirmation.

But, wanting to expand the M/m content is definitely something the dev team has discussed as a positive.

jay400

Apr 5, 2018
Hi does anyone know how to get the goblin scenes ? I was looking at the walkthrough on the site but can seem to start the goblin dinner party event anybody care to explain how I do it

Thanks
J.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
I would like the devs to just table any story advancement for the time being and instead focus on the interface and gameplay. There's just too much trial and error.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Well, there isn't a point to directly tabling it, since the CG artists and Writers aren't really that involved in UI. But, this month and last have been dedicated to a complete UI overhaul. Spending some time reworking gameplay is in the cards, but we're waiting for the UI to be done and a few other things I can't talk about before we start.

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
As much as i love this game.
Its so sad that games this good dont get as much support as BigBrother etc, Drawn CG art is more expensive than 3D rendering in some cases.
But at the pace this is going, Its going to take years to reach version 1.0.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As much as i love this game.
Its so sad that games this good dont get as much support as BigBrother etc, Drawn CG art is more expensive than 3D rendering in some cases.
But at the pace this is going, Its going to take years to reach version 1.0.
Games like Big Brother came around when H games weren't as abundant as they are now. They were in high demand and short supply so a few lucky ones managed to bring in the support despite the games not being amazing.

Now we've gone the exact opposite direction. There are too many games for the amount of people supporting them.

Also marketing. You can't exactly advertise H games like AAA companies can so a lot get overlooked unless they manage to get a following of people willing to spread the word.

Piracy in the regard is a double edged sword. On the one hand the developers aren't getting anything for their work from pirates but on the other they get that ever so important word of mouth and hopefully some of those pirates enjoy it enough to throw some money at it.

Simply making a good game isn't enough anymore. Now you need to make it and hope word gets out about it.

Then you have absolute wankers like me that usually wait until a game is finished or as good as before throwing money at it. Reason for that being i've seen far too many games I enjoyed get abandoned that I can't justify handing over money on promises and dreams alone. I know patreon isn't for buying finished products but i've also got a wife, kids and an actual gaming hobby to fund and the fact I had to work damn hard to get where I am financially that i'm very particular about what my money goes on.

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
Games like Big Brother came around when H games weren't as abundant as they are now. They were in high demand and short supply so a few lucky ones managed to bring in the support despite the games not being amazing.

Now we've gone the exact opposite direction. There are too many games for the amount of people supporting them.

Also marketing. You can't exactly advertise H games like AAA companies can so a lot get overlooked unless they manage to get a following of people willing to spread the word.

Piracy in the regard is a double edged sword. On the one hand the developers aren't getting anything for their work from pirates but on the other they get that ever so important word of mouth and hopefully some of those pirates enjoy it enough to throw some money at it.

Simply making a good game isn't enough anymore. Now you need to make it and hope word gets out about it.

Then you have absolute wankers like me that usually wait until a game is finished or as good as before throwing money at it. Reason for that being i've seen far too many games I enjoyed get abandoned that I can't justify handing over money on promises and dreams alone. I know patreon isn't for buying finished products but i've also got a wife, kids and an actual gaming hobby to fund and the fact I had to work damn hard to get where I am financially that i'm very particular about what my money goes on.
True plus I have also noticed that many people care about visuals more than game depth. SoC has many things going on, its more complex than BB or DreamofDesire etc. While they have more cool looking visuals faster development.
So even in H-games Visuals and simplicity seems to matter more to majority.

Nah no need to be hard on yourself, Its perfectly understandable. While I fear games getting abandoned , another issue is I cant really play a game in increments. It spoils the fun, the spark for that game vanishes. I have played SoC for months now. Other games I only try/check after .5 version increments atleast or if its near the end then final version.

Blob

May 7, 2017
Are we supposed to start a new game? Getting a ton of errors trying to load my old save files.

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
Are we supposed to start a new game? Getting a ton of errors trying to load my old save files.
A lot of changes were made with the new content which makes old saves crap out so its safe to just start out with a new game. It sucks but you might see something new that you have not seen before. :)

Thegame

Jun 10, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/core/event_manager.rpy", line 321, in <module>
Exception: '<event abbey_neutral>' is defined as an event somewhere in the game, but no label named '<event abbey_neutral>' was defined anywhere.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/core/event_manager.rpyc", line 317, in script
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\seeds-of-chaos\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\seeds-of-chaos\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
Exception: '<event abbey_neutral>' is defined as an event somewhere in the game, but no label named '<event abbey_neutral>' was defined anywhere.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Seeds of Chaos 0.2.26

Help?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
man this game has a LOT of great reviews, even at the almighty vndb. now i want know: how much content is there ingame? two years of development and it's "only" version 0.2.26. are they particularly slow or is this just a fucking huuuuuge game?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/core/event_manager.rpyc", line 317, in script
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\seeds-of-chaos\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\seeds-of-chaos\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Seeds of Chaos 0.2.26

Help?
well it's quite easy to figure out what went wrong here. the game can't find the event you triggered labeled as "event abbey_neutral". it seems to be in line 321, but in your case it's simply not there.
unfortunately i can't open rpyc files so i can't really give you specific infos how to solve it. but maybe replacing the file could help? just in case, if the file got a bit corrupted during the download.

simply place it in the following folder: seeds-of-chaos-0.2.26-pc/game/core

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
What I would like to see in the story development is Rowan planning things to get out of the influence of the twins. I mean, I love NTR content, so I'd never pursue it, but it is weird that there aren't little snippets of dialogue where Rowan thinks about how he could take their power away from them, or events on the world map that give him ideas and the like.

Wulump scene was great, can't wait for week 3 and the consequences of it!

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017
I probably won't write any M/m being entirely straight. DM and Lord Arioch normally do the M/m scenes, despite not being inclined that way much either. Also NTR isn't really my kink and is more associated with sub Rowan (though some of the Helayna variations might suggest otherwise). That said, it is M/f and F/f, so I will write it as need requires. For example I can confirm the exsistence of both Andras/Alexia and Jezera/Alexia sequences in works I'm writing over this month.

On a more direct note, I mostly mentioned that to refrence an absence. In particular NTR content is not something the game is hugely lacking. Does that mean that we plan on stopping making NTR? Jesus fuck no. We're led by the "cucklord" for a reason. Does that mean that on even slowing down making NTR? Negatory. Those extra game dev dollars the patrons put in pay for more writers with a broader range of kinks. But, NTR and Corruption are both going to remain exceptionally prominent kinks throughout the entire development cycle.

Also, I think the new guy Arioch's hiring who does M/m, but I'm not totally sure since I haven't spoken to him yet. For the love of god, don't quote me on that. Don't . You'd have to wait for some kind of announcement for anything approaching confirmation.

But, wanting to expand the M/m content is definitely something the dev team has discussed as a positive.
As i see it there are 6 major teams supporting this project(teames cuck,gay,corruption/evil,loser/good,dom and sub) I thank content should be at 15% for the different groups.

Also will that broader range of kinks include incest at some point i know the losers in patreon forbid it but if you introduce it later in game you should be in the greene.

And a bug if you run away from Greyhide when speaking with Jezera you get this error:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
True plus I have also noticed that many people care about visuals more than game depth. SoC has many things going on, its more complex than BB or DreamofDesire etc. While they have more cool looking visuals faster development.
So even in H-games Visuals and simplicity seems to matter more to majority.
I do think that's a shame about the visuals but I have noticed it myself.

I can kinda see where they are coming from, some 3d renders look fantastic. Take Miranda from Finding Miranda, the scene in the restaurant she looks great. The problem is a lot of them use standard models and then you see the same girl in multiple games, if you get really lucky she has a different hair style.

I love hand drawn art though. This, Sanguine Rose, Fate of Irnia and Roundscape Adorevia have some fantastic scenes.

The problem some developers have is a lack of artistic talent. I know how games are developed both H and AAA being around the industry for as long as I have and with friends that work in both areas but I couldn't do it myself.

I could learn Ren'py but I can't draw for shit so i'd be left with Daz renders. I would try and make them look as unique as I could but I could never do what the guys and girls do for the art work in this type of game.

Reactions: T800 and HonoredEx
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes