VermillioN

May 4, 2017
Hi, i played this game a long time ago and i loved it not only because of the art but also because of history(the cheating from both sides). My question here is: is this game still in the same way? i mean ive seen a lot of games changing becouse of comunity and most of the time in a not good way.
Last time i was in this thread it was a whole shitstorm about ntr and whiteknighting but everything seems good now.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Everything is fine. NTR only happens if you allow it but you are fucking everything anyway.

It has the same thing going for it that Roundscape does ... the sex is so over the top even if someone you are in a relationship with is fucking around it doesn't matter, everyone is fucking someone or something.

If you don't want your wife fucking around, you can stop it happening.

The only way you can't really stop it is if you replace her but then you have another woman in your bed anyway.

There is no good reason to get mad at NTR here. It's avoidable.

Reactions: T800 and VermillioN

Denizen

Jun 5, 2017
Great game but I am having trouble finding raeve keep where is it?
After your first trip to the outisde world through the portal, it is on the far right from you. Around 1/2 weeks walk. I would advice to learn it's position and then reload from 1st week, coz time is precious in the game

tontoman

May 4, 2017
As much as i love this game.
Its so sad that games this good dont get as much support as BigBrother etc, Drawn CG art is more expensive than 3D rendering in some cases.
But at the pace this is going, Its going to take years to reach version 1.0.
If the delay is due to the art, not much they can do on that I guess, especially if they want to keep the art consistant (multiple artists have different styles).

On the game side, there's lots of simplification they could do. The question I see posed is 'does it serve the game theme' in these games cases, sexy scenes with nice CGs (3D or drawn).

The building up of the castle serves the purpose of adding in new characters. The choosing of the battle plans results in different character paths. So those game mechanics do stuff. But there's a whole castle management combat side that has barely been touched while being initially created bare bones. Troops, your own personal equipment (and leveling) etc. You could easily generalise those into basic upgrades to troops or personal equipment without going into a full store + inventory system just to keep a forward progression (order of things you have to do) and save a ton of time. Because unless somehow you're going to introduce more sexing into personal adventures, if folks want to manage equipment and do travelling adventures there's always Skyrim heh.

Like the forge making weapons and upgrading troops, how many really tracked those numbers? For what people seem to be waiting for I think you could simplify all that background stuff. I don't think they've spent much time on it since creating it (partially) in the first place as it hasn't changed.
The game currently is much more the PCs life choices than castle/combat management.

Reactions: T800 and HonoredEx

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Games like Big Brother came around when H games weren't as abundant as they are now. They were in high demand and short supply so a few lucky ones managed to bring in the support despite the games not being amazing.

Now we've gone the exact opposite direction. There are too many games for the amount of people supporting them.

Also marketing. You can't exactly advertise H games like AAA companies can so a lot get overlooked unless they manage to get a following of people willing to spread the word.

Piracy in the regard is a double edged sword. On the one hand the developers aren't getting anything for their work from pirates but on the other they get that ever so important word of mouth and hopefully some of those pirates enjoy it enough to throw some money at it.

Simply making a good game isn't enough anymore. Now you need to make it and hope word gets out about it.

Then you have absolute wankers like me that usually wait until a game is finished or as good as before throwing money at it. Reason for that being i've seen far too many games I enjoyed get abandoned that I can't justify handing over money on promises and dreams alone. I know patreon isn't for buying finished products but i've also got a wife, kids and an actual gaming hobby to fund and the fact I had to work damn hard to get where I am financially that i'm very particular about what my money goes on.
Sorry but this statement is misleading. This game came out around the same time, or even before BB, DMD, etc. The problem is the gawd-awful slow updates. That alone is what havs kept this game from being more successful. There was a LOT of other work that could be done to this game while awaiting art asset's but the dev chose to not implement the code around the scenes (placeholders for scene art could have been used, even if the code wasn't active in each release) so the entire thing has released in dribbles.

I get it's hand drawn art and that can be slow, but I can't help but think that is the game had been plotted out more while waiting on the scenes to be drawn, as was done initially, then we wouldn't have some things, like the castle/fight management be so bare bones as they are now. Even if people didn't get the H scenes, some would probably pledge to play the asset management aspects.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Sorry but this statement is misleading. This game came out around the same time, or even before BB, DMD, etc. The problem is the gawd-awful slow updates. That alone is what havs kept this game from being more successful. There was a LOT of other work that could be done to this game while awaiting art asset's but the dev chose to not implement the code around the scenes (placeholders for scene art could have been used, even if the code wasn't active in each release) so the entire thing has released in dribbles.

I get it's hand drawn art and that can be slow, but I can't help but think that is the game had been plotted out more while waiting on the scenes to be drawn, as was done initially, then we wouldn't have some things, like the castle/fight management be so bare bones as they are now. Even if people didn't get the H scenes, some would probably pledge to play the asset management aspects.
IIRC, Patrons specifically asked to only have releases with significant CG updates, and not just gameplay/scene updates without CGs.

Thegame

Jun 10, 2017
well it's quite easy to figure out what went wrong here. the game can't find the event you triggered labeled as "event abbey_neutral". it seems to be in line 321, but in your case it's simply not there.
unfortunately i can't open rpyc files so i can't really give you specific infos how to solve it. but maybe replacing the file could help? just in case, if the file got a bit corrupted during the download.

simply place it in the following folder: seeds-of-chaos-0.2.26-pc/game/core

Thanks! Appreciate the help, works fine now.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Games like Big Brother came around when H games weren't as abundant as they are now. They were in high demand and short supply so a few lucky ones managed to bring in the support despite the games not being amazing.

Now we've gone the exact opposite direction. There are too many games for the amount of people supporting them.

Also marketing. You can't exactly advertise H games like AAA companies can so a lot get overlooked unless they manage to get a following of people willing to spread the word.

Piracy in the regard is a double edged sword. On the one hand the developers aren't getting anything for their work from pirates but on the other they get that ever so important word of mouth and hopefully some of those pirates enjoy it enough to throw some money at it.

Simply making a good game isn't enough anymore. Now you need to make it and hope word gets out about it.

Then you have absolute wankers like me that usually wait until a game is finished or as good as before throwing money at it. Reason for that being i've seen far too many games I enjoyed get abandoned that I can't justify handing over money on promises and dreams alone. I know patreon isn't for buying finished products but i've also got a wife, kids and an actual gaming hobby to fund and the fact I had to work damn hard to get where I am financially that i'm very particular about what my money goes on.
We are pretty appreciative of both the support and the words of encouragement. The sake of being OCD about correctness makes me point out that this game actually pre-dates Big Brother, but that's not really that important. At the end of the day, we think that having a big community is good. Would we like to pull in as much money per month to put into development as Big Brother? Sure. Absolutely. But, we wish Dark Silver and Co. the best, same as any other dev who is putting their heart and soul into a medium that we love.

True plus I have also noticed that many people care about visuals more than game depth. SoC has many things going on, its more complex than BB or DreamofDesire etc. While they have more cool looking visuals faster development.
So even in H-games Visuals and simplicity seems to matter more to majority.

Nah no need to be hard on yourself, Its perfectly understandable. While I fear games getting abandoned , another issue is I cant really play a game in increments. It spoils the fun, the spark for that game vanishes. I have played SoC for months now. Other games I only try/check after .5 version increments atleast or if its near the end then final version.
It's good to hear such kind comments! We appreciate the fact that you continue to check out the latest update month after month.

Are we supposed to start a new game? Getting a ton of errors trying to load my old save files.
Yes. Lotta changes to the game since the last release, especially with the UI. If we could update the game without voiding save files, we would, but the needs of development trump the need to keep saves. We've had a discussion recently about the option of soliciting files from the different routes of the game up to the point of the previous updates. However, it's still just in the idea phase.

man this game has a LOT of great reviews, even at the almighty vndb. now i want know: how much content is there ingame? two years of development and it's "only" version 0.2.26. are they particularly slow or is this just a fucking huuuuuge game?
Well, we have a great community! Our current estimate is that there is about 2-3 hours of story content in the game, though that might not account for reading speed. There is, however, numerous optional events that players can try and that will add to the gameplay time. Furthermore, the game's content is designed to change dramatically based on player choice. As such, there can be multiple playwrights without getting too many scenes that are identical. This isn't an official number, but my best estimate is that with multiple playthroughs the play time is easily in the ten hour range.

The thing is, the intended scope of the game is very large. We currently have hundreds of thousands of words in the game script. Before the game is done there will be many millions of words, and hundreds of sex scenes implemented.

Reactions: Daxter250

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
What I would like to see in the story development is Rowan planning things to get out of the influence of the twins. I mean, I love NTR content, so I'd never pursue it, but it is weird that there aren't little snippets of dialogue where Rowan thinks about how he could take their power away from them, or events on the world map that give him ideas and the like.

Wulump scene was great, can't wait for week 3 and the consequences of it!
I'll tell Arioch! He writes the Wulump stuff himself and he's pretty proud of it.

I'm actually in the same boat about wanting slightly more hints of at least resistance being possible, if a player wants to play Rowan that way, but that's still an ongoing discussion. So I appreciate you adding that feedback, even more then usual! If only for selfish reasons. Haha.

As i see it there are 6 major teams supporting this project(teames cuck,gay,corruption/evil,loser/good,dom and sub) I thank content should be at 15% for the different groups.

Also will that broader range of kinks include incest at some point i know the losers in patreon forbid it but if you introduce it later in game you should be in the greene.
Considering the propensity for some elements of the community to probably try to report over any minor infractions, the team has a pretty strict rule at the moment against adding content likely to get us a review. As the Patreon situation evolves I'm sure we'll take a look at it. It's not like I wouldn't write a Jezera/Andras scene if given the chance. It's just a bad environment at the moment, and as a fan of incest, no one is more sad about that bad environment then me.

Hi, i played this game a long time ago and i loved it not only because of the art but also because of history(the cheating from both sides). My question here is: is this game still in the same way? i mean ive seen a lot of games changing becouse of comunity and most of the time in a not good way.
Last time i was in this thread it was a whole shitstorm about ntr and whiteknighting but everything seems good now.
The game has only expanded in opportunities since you last played! We personally believe that the fact that we've provided players more alternatives to the ntr kink has been a big element of why the discussion has cooled somewhat on the subject. However, if that's content you enjoyed, there is almost certainly more of it in the game then when you last played, and more options for you to play the game the way you want to play it. We hope you continue to love it in the future!

I would like to politely point out that the game has been getting released consistently since it's release and has only been picking up in steam. Every release has a lot of content too. At the moment releases are hoping to expand story content further so that players don't feel stuck in place. Mechanics changes are also in the cards. If you compare the amount of work that goes into SoC per dollar received to similar games, you will find that SoC is a shockingly efficient game, just a massive one with lots of work to be done.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
So, when is that 'Dragon-slayer' item going to be put into the game? I assure you, I've seen it in the Items file!

"It was too large, too heavy, too awesome to not be used as an in game-item."

This game promised berserk/darksouls-esque elements, and both feature big-ass swords, you better tell that to the boss-man! ;)

Reactions: synoptik731

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
So, when is that 'Dragon-slayer' item going to be put into the game? I assure you, I've seen it in the Items file!

"It was too large, too heavy, too awesome to not be used as an in game-item."

This game promised berserk/darksouls-esque elements, and both feature big-ass swords, you better tell that to the boss-man! ;)
Does the minotaur's dick count? x'Dx'Dx'D

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
I truly feel like the game has evolved since last year. With the recent increase in scenes where Rowan is becoming dominant, I can see me liking the game even more. While I understand that the devs have a plot in mind and don't want to deviate from it, it's nice to see that Rowan doesn't have to be the demon sibling's subservient tool. He is an asset and he can use that to his advantage. Maybe in the future he can start to convert the castle npcs to his side and perhaps work to overthrow the demon siblings and take their place.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes