Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Looks in at the SoC forum hoping for some new insightful thoughts about the characters or world-building in the recent comments.... my that is an awful lot of bait....
But, there is at least one spirited character in the game who could arguably be described as a pre-transition trans person.
You want character discussion how about we theorize about what character Winter thinks could be trans.

My vote goes for Maud of the Northside Bannermen. She wears male attire, and her behavior could be described a stereotypically masculine, while displaying very few stereotypically feminine traits. She does have a potential sex scene with Rowan but Rowan can sleep with pretty much everyone. Plus it isn't terribly uncommon for trans men and women to also gay or lesbians respectively. She does use she/her pronouns but that could be explained by the time period they live in not being very receptive of the idea of choosing you own pronouns, heck it can be difficult to get people to respect pronoun choices even in modern times. The only strong mark against the possibility that I can think of is that after the sex scene she seems fairly content with the idea that she may have become pregnant which would big marker of her feminine body that I don't think that many trans men would be comfortable with.
What do you guys think?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: monk_56

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
You want character discussion how about we theorize about what character Winter thinks could be trans.

My vote goes for Maud.
The big kink in the plot armor of that theory is how Maud would have had to have been exposed to a sufficiently powerful source of chaos magic. A source powerful enough to allow her to magically have a working-womb -she does in fact have a child in the game's canon. Her tragic back-story as a poor woman with non-obvious magical abilities or connections seems to invalidate the thought- irregardless of her tomboy attitude.

If we are really going to go down the path of theorizing about this though.....how about Shaya?

~She seemed to have a pretty firm grasp of how to use a dick when she gave it to Jez with a strap-on.
~She is also the only character who canonically went through a transformation powerful enough to have made that transition.
~She seems simultaneously to have been willing to do anything for Jezaera but also seems to regret her decision on some levels.
~She is very good at obscuring the truth and could have lied to Rowan about any part of her back-story.
~She is jacked

Do I actually think Shaya is trans.....no ; but it'd be the plot-line where it made the most sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jynx_lucky_j

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
The big kink in the plot armor of that theory is how Maud would have had to have been exposed to a sufficiently powerful source of chaos magic. A source powerful enough to allow her to magically have a working-womb -she does in fact have a child in the game's canon. Her tragic back-story as a poor woman with non-obvious magical abilities or connections seems to invalidate the thought- irregardless of her tomboy attitude.

If we are really going to go down the path of theorizing about this though.....how about Shaya?

~She seemed to have a pretty firm grasp of how to use a dick when she gave it to Jez with a strap-on.
~She is also the only character who canonically went through a transformation powerful enough to have made that transition.
~She seems simultaneously to have been willing to do anything for Jezaera but also seems to regret her decision on some levels.
~She is very good at obscuring the truth and could have lied to Rowan about any part of her back-story.
~She is jacked

Do I actually think Shaya is trans.....no ; but it'd be the plot-line where it made the most sense.
To defend my pick, I'd like to point out that that Winter is specify the character could be a pre-transition trans so they would still be their birth sex.

That said, I can certainly see an argument for Shaya potentially being post-transition. Like you I don't personally think that's the case but I wouldn't begrudge anyone the head canon either.

Truthfully I think any character we pick at this point would be a reach. That's why I initially asked Winter about the potential for an explicitly trans character. But I also understand why he wouldn't want to commit to the idea when there isn't really room for it currently and the time when there would be space for a new character is so far off.

Sain

Sep 22, 2018
You meet him in rastedel near the end of the plotline.
The blond guy is the captain of the guard in Rastedel, you meet him while helping the twins take the city near the end. Spend time helping him out, and after you help him train the troops you have to choice to fuck him or spar with him
Thanks!

By the way, how long do we have to wait after the orciad and initial rastedel scenes for the plotline to progress? Is there something else that needs to be done (and is there a guide for the rastedel content)?

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Have some of the cgs been redrawn? I've been out of the loop for a bit, which is why I'm asking
They’ve been steadily having one of their artists repaint the other’s scenes (the other is now focusing on drawing the new scenes, which will also be painted by the first) to make the CGs more consistent.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
Thanks!

By the way, how long do we have to wait after the orciad and initial rastedel scenes for the plotline to progress? Is there something else that needs to be done (and is there a guide for the rastedel content)?
Nothing to do in the capital after u first visited it.. The story will progress after week 60

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
I think some of the choice are broken and don't go to the right story line
many time in the game I've encountered situation where I make a certain choice, and later in the story when this choice is mentioned it say that I picked the other choice

last example here, when capturing of the capital, corruption of Patricia, I choose to give the necklass to ameraine so patricia swear allegiance at the name of the twins and not to me

but later I have this line :

1634084411896.png

this line mean that she pledged allegiance to me and not to the twins , so the choice was not taken into account
but weirder, later again she refer them as master and mistress like if this time she really pledged to them instead

in the end I didn't notice wrong change at the plot, only line of text that shouldn't be here
so I thing it's just the dev who forgot to put the command if (choice where she pledge to the twins) = true : before some of the line
( not sure if it's this command in python )
and because of this, some line appears even when they shouldn't but this doesn't affect the global plot

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
That used to be called a tomboy. Very recently that kind of person is suddenly potential trans. times are-aa-changin'
They're also not changing at all, people just tend to read too much into things these days. It's in part due to increased LGBTQ+ portrayal in media, it's necessitated a shift in thinking and in many ways it's stripped a lot of subtlety out of it. Not that inclusivity is a bad thing, if I'm being completely honest I view exposing people to as diverse a collection of people in our entertainment as one of the easiest and best ways to educate and normalize people from all walks of life be they straight, gay, transgender, non-binary, asexual, and so on and so forth. The fact that we read more into our entertainment media is good, even if it means we're finding things that are not necessarily the intent of the piece.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
That used to be called a tomboy. Very recently that kind of person is suddenly potential trans. times are-aa-changin'
They're also not changing at all, people just tend to read too much into things these days. It's in part due to increased LGBTQ+ portrayal in media, it's necessitated a shift in thinking and in many ways it's stripped a lot of subtlety out of it. Not that inclusivity is a bad thing, if I'm being completely honest I view exposing people to as diverse a collection of people in our entertainment as one of the easiest and best ways to educate and normalize people from all walks of life be they straight, gay, transgender, non-binary, asexual, and so on and so forth. The fact that we read more into our entertainment media is good, even if it means we're finding things that are not necessarily the intent of the piece.
Just to clarify, given the evidence that currently exists in the game I think it is a stretch to call any character in this game trans. However when I asked T51bwinterized, one of the game's writers, if we could expect to see an explicitly trans character in the future and he replied:
There's a certain ammount of gender queerness in charachters like the cubi and a certain charachter in Rastedel. But, there is at least one spirited character in the game who could arguably be described as a pre-transition trans person.
And that last line made me wonder who he could be referring to. So I was putting out a call for everyone to give their best speculations. When making my own speculations I actually had difficultly coming up with someone. I had to run through all the characters I could think of looking for a character that tried to look and act like the opposite sex. Eventually, I landed on Maud though I had almost forgotten she existed. Honestly, I don't even think she a great choice for a potential trans character as the evidence in favor is pretty weak and circumstantial. I just played up my certainty in hopes of sparking debate, hck most of my paragraph is spent trying to explain away the evidence agaist it. I had hoped that someone else would come along with a better pick.

So no I don't think that Maud is actually trans, heck I don't think she is necessarily even a tomboy. I think she is a woman who is in a tough and dangerous position that need to project strength to a world that values masculine traits over feminine traits. I would need some solid evidence in order to actually change my mind about that. But as of right now I do think that she is the best candidate for the character that T51bwinterized thinks "could arguably be described as a pre-transition trans person."

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
But as of right now I do think that she is the best candidate for the character that T51bwinterized thinks "could arguably be described as a pre-transition trans person."
If we are thinking about characters in Rastedel specifically; as per winter's hint. I'd posit Amerine would be the most obvious. What gender state she is in regarding pre vs post op as a Ghoul is pretty confusing. We don't really know what body shape she identifies with or starts with outside of the fact that people use she/her pronouns for her.

We do know she can shapeshift to some degree and has a female form(confirmed with a thorough dicking) and male form??? (unconfirmed nude).
Again its a stretch- but it feels more plausible than Maud to me.

A cadaverous caveat: Banging her is essentially necrophilia in common law- many legal definitions of dead do not rely on sentience sapience as a foundation of being alive. I Wonder if there are laws concerning it in the Six Realms :p

Last edited:

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
If we are thinking about characters in Rastedel specifically; as per winter's hint. I'd posit Amerine would be the most obvious. What gender state she is in regarding pre vs post op as a Ghoul is pretty confusing. We don't really know what body shape she identifies with or starts with outside of the fact that people use she/her pronouns for her.

We do know she can shapeshift to some degree and has a female form(confirmed with a thorough dicking) and male form??? (unconfirmed nude).
Again its a stretch- but it feels more plausible than Maud to me.

A cadaverous caveat: Banging her is essentially necrophilia in common law- many legal legal definitions of dead do not rely on sentience as a foundation of being alieve Wonder if there are an laws concerning it in the Six Realms :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Nit picking time #2
I wnna talk about castles.
Dead season, no Helayna until 2022, so castle complain time!
Lets take a look at first fortification we tasked to capture and Rowan have a chance to inspect as an "siege expert" to make sure it battle ready. Raeve Keep.
keep exterior.png
The first thing our "expert" should have noted is absent of Moat. Why its important?
To understand that we need historical examples.
Why would people separated by time and living in different sides of the world come up with the same idea?
Well it works, digging a ditch is simple and cost effective, much less expensive then building a stone wall!
If you take your time and money to build a wall then you WILL build a preliminary line of defense around it.
People attempting to lay siege will have to ether drain moat or build makeshift bridge and under heavy fire it is not an trivial task, more importantly it takes time buying more time for defenders.

Second castle overgrown.
The idea is to clear site of all forestation around Castle. there should be no natural cover for obvious reasons.
You basically provide anyone opportunity to sneak on you if you have trees or vegetation around.
Defenders, archers need a clear view to spot and shoot intruders.

Third Arrowslit
We see huge "windows" on top. Well what the problem with them?
Many i say. There were no windows but there were loops in the castle walls.
You want to provide as much cover for archer as possible.
The interior walls behind an arrow loop are often cut away at an oblique angel so that the archer has a wide field of view and field of fire.
If you make huge windows like in Raeve keep not only archers inside castle have no real cover from returned fire.
They actually have to hang out from the window leaving themselves exposed if attackers reached the walls.
More over in this huge windows you can fit a catapult ball.
P.S. I hope this will be helpful avoiding basic mistakes and creating believable fortifications in the future.
After all we have 5 kingdom ahead of us with no doubt castles.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes