mikomess

Jul 12, 2017
Got a question. Is IT possible for Helayna staying and Alexia in the dungeon with wulump in the same playthrough?

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
Seeds of Chaos Extended Scene Replay Mod
by MonkOne
Features:
  • Add all scenes in Walkthrough file to scenes replay.
  • Option to filterout NTR and/or gay scenes in scenes replay.
Download:
  • Attachment
Install:
  • Extract downloaded archive into game folder(where executable file is).
Changelog:
Version 0303M:
  • Update to game version 0.3.03. All new scenes with cg and new cgs added to replay.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Preview View attachment 1144925
Thanks for the update.
This scenes aa.PNG appears to be locked but when I click on it after couple of renders it goes black instead of showing the scene.Can you please fix it?

MonkOne

Jul 8, 2017
Thanks for the update.
This scenes View attachment 1528684 appears to be locked but when I click on it after couple of renders it goes black instead of showing the scene.Can you please fix it?
Black screen are placeholder for CG, When they make a CG for that scene it will show up instead. I also use CG as thumbnail for scenes so scenes without CG will show up like it locked.

Reactions: Balthasar-Gelt

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Seeds of Chaos releases on a staggered schedule. We write the scene and include it in the game, but the CG slots are intially black screens. Then we have our art team do cgs for the scene in subsequent releases. We've gotten this pretty fast so the majority of the new scenes we make get their art within a few months of release. But, we can't eliminate the lagtime any time soon, and it would make releasing with our usual every 2 month schedule difficult.

Historically, this method has proven very popular with patrons when we've explained it. So it's very unlikely to change.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Thanks Jynx_lucky_j for that nice hit of deliciously thoughtful forum content.

I have similar views on X'zaratl, but I've never articulated them so precisely. It was a fun discussion to have with her in game and fun to hear your analysis of it.

What is your take on the new Liurial situation? What is your impression of Jezera's angle here. Does she even have one or is she just being childish? I'm guessing both; since that is usually how it goes- interested in your take though.

I'm also interested in other folks take on the Cla-min arc. It was actually rather whimsical and wholesome; a simultaneously dysfunctional yet functional family hiest. I liked that aspect of it to be honest. So much of Rowan's content is just suffering. Talking to some Goblins and starting some shenanigans against more minor villians was a nice reprieve from that. The idea that a mage can track someone through the artifacts was interesting. Also, I really want to know what they do ;-). Its two rings- so I kinda wonder exactly what the angle is there- are we choosing who to give them to? Is it a Marriage arc?

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
What is your take on the new Liurial situation? What is your impression of Jezera's angle here. Does she even have one or is she just being childish? I'm guessing both; since that is usually how it goes- interested in your take though.
I'm still not convined that Liurial isn't actually just part of an elaborate scheme by Jezebel. But I'm also starting to think I'm just caught in a prison. She makes sure to let Rowan know that she has schemes and spies running around him, just enough to make us question what is and isn't a scheme and who we can and can't trust. Clearly not everything can be a scheme and not everyone can be a spy, but we are forced to act as if that is the case.

My personal pet theory is that Liurial is a spy for Jezera, but eventually catches feeling for Rowan and turns on her. I don't have any proof to back it up, I just think it would be a good narrative. But if we assume that is not the case, and that everything going on is largely as it seems... I would say that it is a case of Jezera threatening things Rowan cares about. Alexia is a pretty good tool in that regard, but if their relationship starts to deteriorate, or Rowan finds out Andras has been successful in seducing his wife, or Alexia starts growing fond of minotaurs or fishmen, or that she fucked some random goblins at her barmaid job, or... Well lets just say that it might be a good idea to have some extra strings on him that she can still use to keep him compliant.

I'm also interested in other folks take on the Cla-min arc. It was actually rather whimsical and wholesome; a simultaneously dysfunctional yet functional family hiest. I liked that aspect of it to be honest. So much of Rowan's content is just suffering. Talking to some Goblins and starting some shenanigans against more minor villians was a nice reprieve from that. The idea that a mage can track someone through the artifacts was interesting. Also, I really want to know what they do ;-). Its two rings- so I kinda wonder exactly what the angle is there- are we choosing who to give them to? Is it a Marriage arc?
I like that we are starting to get some non-sex based characterization of our cast of characters. It really helps develop them as people. And it gives more of a reason for Rowan to chaff less at his captivity. These sorts of interaction show that he is developing actual relationships and not simply having momentary lapses in judgment when some one flashes their tits at him. I'll be interested in where Cla-min's story goes long term since she seems pretty dead set on bringing Rowan into the family. However I imagine that would be a pretty hard sell for Alexia, who seems to have taken an instant dislike to Cla-min (it probably didn't help that Cla-Min pretty much introduced herself as Ms. StealYourMan).

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
I could be misremembering, but I seem to recall one of the devs mentioning that Liurial is strictly for maledom Rowan content. Not saying that can’t change, but it seems like she’s presenting herself more or less honestly for now.

Reactions: monk_56

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Jynx_lucky_j

Liurial Thoughts)
I view the Liurial arc inversely. Though it is very much a possibility and there are significant breadcrumbs left to indicate it could be the case- I don't think Liu is a spy for Jez. Partaily due to Occam's razor, but in part simply because we already have that narrative in so many other places. It would be the same arc as Alexia x Jez, and Shaya x Jez- so I'm rather expecting a different narrative here. Those arcs built up our expectations about what it will be- and then BAM Winter hits us with a right hook of a different variety. The stage is well set for either narrative to be the case- it has certainly created a lot of good tension in the storytelling.

Tertiary consideration regarding Jez harem building for rowan as a method of control;
We've seen Jezera do this repeatedly with weak characters she thinks Rowan will be attached to. This is the part of the tale that disconnects with the idea of Liurial not being a spy- why would Jezera be such a pain in the ass to Rowan about Liu if she wanted them to be close so she had collateral influence. I guess I simply dismissed it as Jezera's flighty nature kinda shooting herself in her own foot- as she is wont to do.

Final considerations;
It could all be an elaborate ruse and leaving the extra spying equipment / harassment could easily be a misdirect; I just don't know if Jez would be being so petulant if things were going in her favor already- she tends to be the most childish when she doesn't have something she wants; and she is being super childish here.

Addendum;
Hopefully Rowan takes that bug or fake bug to Cilonia for Analysis to figure out exactly how it was supposed to function. Maybe he can gain command of it and repurpose it- or finds out it was a fake so Jez was messing with him in another way. That'd be fun.

Cla Min Thoughts)
Yes, very much this. Until recently if you had no sexual interest in an NPC arc you really didn't get very much of the NPCs story. But now we have deep story arcs with Draith, Liu, and Cla. Even if you turn them down sexually- which is great. Some of the other arcs are relatively unsatisfying if you don't like the sexual aspect.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Honestly, I doubt either is outright a spy. (Though I haven't played the latest release yet, so any new events might contain further crumbs I'm not operating with.) X'zaratl's whole schtick being an act would make her "I'm a Rowlexia shipper!" redesign a lot weirder and less interesting. They could maybe write it so these two things aren't mutually exclusive, but her acting as NTR route detox makes that pretty hard to do. (This is never mind the fact that it would have to completely invalidate her functioning AS a detox mechanic, I assume? Since I don't go those routes, my only experience with that is from skipping through the sex scene via the replay mod.)

As diebesgrab notes, Liurial is basically the starter kit for a more maledom Rowan (He has some earlier scenes that brush up against that, but nothing nearly as overt as Liurial). "Character tries to spy on dominant character by pretending to be submissive to them, gets caught and dominated harder" can definitely work (Filiane is my favorite Bunny Black 2 character for a reason), but putting her in that Intro To BDSM role and re-writing her scenes to contain actual aftercare makes it a lot harder to do that in a satisfying way.

However, this all ignores that there's a third option. Either or both could be part of Jezera's plans without being her agent. It's entirely possible Jezera passed on Liurial knowing she'd probably seek Rowan as her next choice instead of going to Andras, at which point Jezera can try to use Liurial (knowing or not) as an in. Or as just another hostage to threaten should Rowan think about betraying the twins. Meanwhile if Jezera wants to corrupt Rowan and Alexia (Spoiler: Yes), X'zaratl's obsession with their relationship and desire to "broaden" it is a useful secondary angle of attack. Even if the couple resists Jezera's "I want you to be my toys" line of corruption, X'zaratl's earnest fangirling corruption could soften them up for her.

There's a lot of grey between "spy" and "not part of Jezera's plans to screw with Rowan/Alexia."

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Honestly, I doubt either is outright a spy. (Though I haven't played the latest release yet, so any new events might contain further crumbs I'm not operating with.) X'zaratl's whole schtick being an act would make her "I'm a Rowlexia shipper!" redesign a lot weirder and less interesting. They could maybe write it so these two things aren't mutually exclusive, but her acting as NTR route detox makes that pretty hard to do. (This is never mind the fact that it would have to completely invalidate her functioning AS a detox mechanic, I assume? Since I don't go those routes, my only experience with that is from skipping through the sex scene via the replay mod.)
The only current way to get the detox event is by going all in on and proccing the rest of the X'zaratl events. You need a lot of X'zaratl influence points to get the event to go off. It doesn't curretly have any relation to NTR- its just a long term plan for the event to have multiple triggers- and NTR pathing will be one of them. I do hope they loosen the proverbial "reins" on getting the Guilt_Solutions X'zaratl event to proc though- it is so hard to encounter unless you play with high levels of degeneracy. I can think of lots of reasons Rowan could be feeling guilty that Alexia could be whipping him for- without getting to 30 guilt or w/e.

I don't think anyone considering X as having alterior motives believes she is a spy for the twins or anything- rather that she may have her own personal motive that goes beyond the scope of what is obvious to the players and we might get hit by like a long con at the end of her arc. Like the rhyming couplet at the end of an English sonnet- it may reverse the whole narrative in some interesting way.

Reactions: Jynx_lucky_j

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
I don't think anyone considering X as having alterior motives believes she is a spy for the twins or anything- rather that she may have her own personal motive that goes beyond the scope of what is obvious to the players and we might get hit by like a long con at the end of her arc. Like the rhyming couplet at the end of an English sonnet- it may reverse the whole narrative in some interesting way.
Ah, I conflated the two character conversations. Honestly, given how much time I spend reloading the page as opposed to actually being able to read it, I'm surprised I wasn't even further muddling things.

Edit: That said, a previous point in the X'zaratl discussion was her being or not being "on Rowan's side." I think my thought process still holds there. I think even if she has further, hidden considerations or reasons (Probable, that's what character arcs are about), having her not at least THINK she's on Rowan/Alexia's side weakens the interesting direction her re-write went.

Last edited:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Ah, I conflated the two character conversations. Honestly, given how much time I spend reloading the page as opposed to actually being able to read it, I'm surprised I wasn't even further muddling things.

Edit: That said, a previous point in the X'zaratl discussion was her being or not being "on Rowan's side." I think my thought process still holds there. I think even if she has further, hidden considerations or reasons (Probable, that's what character arcs are about), having her not at least THINK she's on Rowan/Alexia's side weakens the interesting direction her re-write went.
Right- I agree. I think she is on their side 100%. But there are underlying motivations we don't understand and they may conflict with Rowans goals or create some other layer of drama- even if she wants to be good to them. If that makes any sense?

Also: Quote: " Liurial is basically the starter kit for a more maledom Rowan " Semantics; you sir are hilarious and accurate ;-p

Last edited:
Reactions: Jynx_lucky_j
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes