Morsin

Aug 13, 2020
does the game still have a timer? i've been playing it for years now, but having to restart constantly because getting all the NTR events I want is more interesting than "finishing the game" is really annoying

great game by the way, i just don't see the purpose of the countdown timer it just artificially restricts playtime when i could spend tens more hours just going through lewd content at my own pace

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
Hi, can anybody give a progress report about the whole game? Like, when is it expected to be finished?

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I understand you complete it.

I had the same problem, but i think it will trigger (perhaps) playing again, it could be a window of time to doing them or there could be variables that doesn't there in the last update. If you could trigger them without using the console, share to us.
We figured it out on Discord. Managed to get it by re-triggering the emissary start event. After that you speak to Jezera in the hallway and click 'Visit > ???', then do it again but speak to both emissaries in private, and do the banquet event with Arzyl. One of the hottest and longest scenes yet.

EDIT: Arzyl's events are apparently not in the event list you access with debug.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
the android version doesnt have a 'game folder in its files
You're on your own there. Most mods I've seen for Android need to be compiled into the game beforehand. You can't just drag n' drop to override things. Probably because Android is ARM based, rather than x86 or x64 like Windows, Linux, and Mac.

Grunts21

Jan 7, 2021
for some reason i cant trigger the fey events they are in the castle but when i go to the vist option there is nothing there exept a option to leave

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
The Dev is planning to make it a Trilogy even tho it took them 8 years for 0.3 ???
Standard version numbers follow a convention: the first number (vX.0.0) is for massive alterations to the program that essentially change the entire thing; the second (v0.X.0) is for major changes or additions to the program; the third (v0.0.X) is for small iterative changes. In the case of SoC, the first number is 0, meaning it’s currently in an unfinished state. The second is 3, meaning there have been three major revisions to the gameplay systems. The third is 09, meaning this is the ninth iterative release since upgrading to version 0.3. SoC’s iterative releases currently happen every two months (they used to occur every month, which is why there were over 50 for version 0.2), and include a huge amount of writing, but since they generally only add scenes and artwork instead of significantly altering or adding gameplay elements, they’re considered minor iterative releases.

Version numbers are not a percentage loading bar. I’m fairly sure SoC will go from 0.3.X or MAYBE 0.4.X to 1.0.0 when it’s complete.

Look what you can learn if you pay attention over time instead of complaining about something you don’t understand.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Look what you can learn if you pay attention over time instead of complaining about something you don’t understand.
Versioning schemes can be pretty varied (and decimal versions is one of popular variants) so it might be better not to question other people's understanding of the subject when you aren't taking it into account and only provide very narrow definition yourself.

Reactions: hentaikeyfan

perles75

May 16, 2020
Versioning schemes can be pretty varied (and decimal versions is one of popular variants) so it might be better not to question other people's understanding of the subject when you aren't taking it into account and only provide very narrow definition yourself.
The original complaint remains ridiculous, though

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The original complaint remains ridiculous, though
Ehh, i'd say that's debatable. Yes, the developers are free to pick whatever versioning scheme they want, but if they pick one that can be easily confusing then it's hardly ridiculous for the users to actually get confused by it.

Reactions: hentaikeyfan

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Honestly any quality product that is niche is going to get people irked as you get a mental disconnect when your mind goes 'I know this is good, I don't like it." Combine all of that with something being of quality and people wanting more of something and you get two fronts of negativity.
This actually makes a lot of sense to me, and helps explain my own inner conflict. I have been trying for years to play this game and Our Red String, but no matter how hard I try, I can't find them enjoyable, even though I know they are top quality.
I think the gender swapping multiple protagonist thing short circuits my brain so I can't relate to anyone and can't invest in the story. I don't expect my brain, or these games to change, so I can stop trying to play and not feel guilty. (y)
Thank you for the assist. Everything is illuminated now. ;)

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
I grant that they’re popular with people who pump out simplistic VNs using ready-to-use engines like renpy and who have little to no experience in any other kind of development, so there are plenty here on F95. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen decimalized versioning systems popularly used in any other context.

nodice20

Jun 26, 2019
This actually makes a lot of sense to me, and helps explain my own inner conflict. I have been trying for years to play this game and Our Red String, but no matter how hard I try, I can't find them enjoyable, even though I know they are top quality.
I think the gender swapping multiple protagonist thing short circuits my brain so I can't relate to anyone and can't invest in the story. I don't expect my brain, or these games to change, so I can stop trying to play and not feel guilty. (y)
Thank you for the assist. Everything is illuminated now. ;)
Always glad to help!

Honestly I get that with multi protagonist games and once you figure that things can be good and you can not like them it helps reduce beating your head against the wall.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard

Crusado

Jan 21, 2020
So what did everybody think of the new Aryzl scenes?

I think she's an interesting character but clearly is the more dark evil side of the Fae. I wish there were more dialogue options near the end of the party scene for how the player/Rowan feels about what had happened.

Reactions: monk_56

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm curious. How do you guys play this? When an update drops, do you play through to the end without the CGs? When a new update drops, do you go back and watch those old scenes that get a CG?

Reactions: monk_56

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I'm curious. How do you guys play this? When an update drops, do you play through to the end without the CGs? When a new update drops, do you go back and watch those old scenes that get a CG?
I only play it once a big chunk of impactful content drops.

Last time I played it was when the Rastedel finale was first added, I kinda wanted to play it once the mechanics were overhauled but it was a busy time and I figured I might as well wait until the goblin content was added, as it would fundamentally change how I route my playthrough. So I'm currently waiting until the goblin questline is finished before replaying, and then I will probably wait until Act I is fully finished before playing again.

Like, I know it is preaching to the choir to say Act I's development was bumpy so no point crying about it now, but I hope Act II finds a way of making following the development and enjoying the new content as it comes a bit easier, but maybe that's just inherently difficult because of the way the game is designed. I'd be willing to bet most of the regulars here either only talk about the changelogs and the new CG, or they use gallery mods, console commands, or some test saves that allow them to rush towards the new content, rather than actually trying to experience the game again everytime a new update comes out.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I only play it once a big chunk of impactful content drops.

Last time I played it was when the Rastedel finale was first added, I kinda wanted to play it once the mechanics were overhauled but it was a busy time and I figured I might as well wait until the goblin content was added, as it would fundamentally change how I route my playthrough. So I'm currently waiting until the goblin questline is finished before replaying, and then I will probably wait until Act I is fully finished before playing again.

Like, I know it is preaching to the choir to say Act I's development was bumpy so no point crying about it now, but I hope Act II finds a way of making following the development and enjoying the new content as it comes a bit easier, but maybe that's just inherently difficult because of the way the game is designed. I'd be willing to bet most of the regulars here either only talk about the changelogs and the new CG, or they use gallery mods, console commands, or some test saves that allow them to rush towards the new content, rather than actually trying to experience the game again everytime a new update comes out.
I probably had to replay this like 3-4 times. The last time was in the lead up to the Rastadel siege. I made saves for each no-CG scenes. When the next update dropped, all those saves were broken. That's when I pretty much gave up on this and decided to wait til completion.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes