Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
To be more specific on what I mean about RPG elements.
First off, there are too many skills compared to the skill leveling opportunities. You could go as reductive as taking it down to the three pillars (Combat, Exploration, Social Interaction).
Skill checks also are poorly implemented. They are largely small content gates; you pass a skill you get additional content, you fail, you get some small disadvantage and the event pretty much ends. There is no activity in the system. Failing checks should always be about getting a different resolution instead of just getting nothing (to be fair, it sometimes does this).

Moreover skill use should be more active. It shouldn't just be passive rolls on the background and you should get to choose how you resolve things most of the time instead of rarely. I think the game should have had a stamina system for each week that is shared between traveling to more hexes on the map and taking actions during events (and it should be enough to resolve at least multiple events per week. Maybe there could be active skills that also share that system.

And Rowan shouldn't really be leveling. He is a legendary adventurer already and that is reiterated at multiple points. You could be picking his specialty during character creation; while he should be good at what he does (skirmish combat, stealth and scouting, social interaction) you could pick what he is best at. I think the game already has a successful leveling system that improves Rowan's power and that's Castle Research.

That doesn't mean Rowan cannot gain more power but it shouldn't feel like he is a lvl 1 scout. Perhaps there should be opportunities for him to get an additional specialty. And I do wish that down the line the Chaos priest could train him into a caster. Or Arzyl!

BUT I would not want anything actually changed. It is functional already and I am here for the story to advance, not for the devs to fool around with their gaming system.

Aug 7, 2022
So all the Netorase has been removed right? Not just hidden behind some setting or choice?
I mean, I kinda remember that we didn't mind Alexia fucking with Greyhide and there was even a threesome, but I think all those Rowan X Alexia X Some Other Male have been removed.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
You could go as reductive as taking it down to the three pillars (Combat, Exploration, Social Interaction).
I think the game should have had a stamina system for each week that is shared between traveling to more hexes on the map and taking actions during events
Good stuff, I'm noting it down.

sorjs53

Mar 17, 2024
So all the Netorase has been removed right? Not just hidden behind some setting or choice?
I mean, I kinda remember that we didn't mind Alexia fucking with Greyhide and there was even a threesome, but I think all those Rowan X Alexia X Some Other Male have been removed.
The threesome is optional, but that's the only true netorase relationship as it's clear Rowan isn't sharing Alexia with Andras or with anyone else

Reactions: Wiliam 1234567

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Good stuff, I'm noting it down.
Please be joking, we don't need another rule change. Keep working on Astarte though, I am really enjoying those updates and I'd love to see something similar for Rastedel (even better if we get some sex scenes at the epilogue).

But yeah, you can always have a simpler version for Act2?

Reactions: Wiliam 1234567

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
The threesome is optional, but that's the only true netorase relationship as it's clear Rowan isn't sharing Alexia with Andras or with anyone else
I am assuming that the Andras NTR arc will escalate to actual cucking in Act 2 (possibly with some appropriately AndrasxRowan action though it would probably be a choice).

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
It's something for me to consider regarding act 2.

I think we can all agree the core gameplay loop of act 1 has issues. At this stage, there's nothing we can do about it. But act 2 is a chance to do things differently.

It's a chance to make brand new mistakes!
God help you. Who thought making a game could end up being this bad

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
It's something for me to consider regarding act 2.

I think we can all agree the core gameplay loop of act 1 has issues. At this stage, there's nothing we can do about it. But act 2 is a chance to do things differently.

It's a chance to make brand new mistakes!
The core gameplay loop has issues because you don't actually have a core gameplay loop. Clicking around on a grid with the occasional dice roll event popping up between fixed event locations is not complex enough to be considered a gameplay loop. Seeds of Chaos has a lot going for it but every single element of its gameplay is not one of them. You've already spent eight years working on a couple of hours of content... don't go tricking yourselves into thinking gameplay is what you should be focusing on. Keep things simple, keep things straight forward, don't rock the boat and maybe you'll finish act 2 in the 2020s.

Reactions: Exotic_Otterq

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The core gameplay loop has issues because you don't actually have a core gameplay loop. Clicking around on a grid with the occasional dice roll event popping up between fixed event locations is not complex enough to be considered a gameplay loop.
Getting off-topic, but "gameplay loop" can be simple, and there's literally decades worth of popular games which demonstrate this. All the discussion how it must be "complex" or no-true-scotsmanning it is just intellectual wankery on the level of movie critique.

(that said, i've given my opinion on the map component some time ago upthread, and no, it wasn't "they should make it more complicated", quite the opposite)

Last edited:

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
does anyone know when the real power in Bloodmeen option gets released?
I haven't decided on the order yet.
Gods help me, the full list of things remaining to be done in Astarte is:

1. Second variant of the bonus sex scene.
2. Rowan Participating in battle.
3. Rowan Taking control of the council.
4. Rowan sabotaging the battle.
5. Zii-Zii alliance during the goblin plot, all routes.
6. Che-Lin alliance during the goblin plot, all routes.
7. Tue-San alliance during the goblin plot, all routes.
8. Helayna participation in the battle.
9. Fae bonus Astarte content.

Participating in the battle is necessary for both Control and Sabotage, so it will release alongside one of the routes. I am leaning towards doing control first, and hope I don't bury myself neck deep in variables.

But it will all be worth it in the end. THE GAME WILL TAKE INTO ACCOUNT YOUR PAST DECISIONS, AS IT ALWAYS SHOULD HAVE.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Which one is the bonus sex scene? I've seen Andras, Alexia and X'zaratl get scenes. And I guess Jezera's scene with the noble?

opaquecake

Jul 16, 2018
I've update the Scene Replay mod for 0.4.05 (download is in the original post). Let me know if you have any issues.

Edit: It was mentioned below that the scenes from 0.4.04, and possibly 0.4.03, are gone. I'll update these later and release a new version for 0.4.05 with the missing content, but it'll take a bit of time. See my message below for further info.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes