Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Actually it's me explaining that regardless of scope the project would still be fucked be it because of malice or incompetence but whatever gets you going.
I think if the scope was more narrow, there would be less burn out so despite presumed incompetence, they'd still be moving faster.

Reactions: centuryspice

Raven_Light

Aug 4, 2023
We might see the end of the first arc but I highly doubt we'll ever see the end of the second. The members of the development team who occasionally post her indicated that they already have ideas for more features that add nothing of value to the gameplay in the second game. Which is absolute insanity considering they completed the lion's share of the story for the first act a couple years ago and have been playing fill in the blanks with side content ever since. It has taken them over eight years to finish what a professional development team of the same size could complete in under a year. They make $10,000ish a month, which is obviously not enough for a development team of its size to work on full time, but at the same time they're eight years in and the team is still clearly a group of disorganized amateurs. The game is too big for how little play it offers.
They should of focused on the main story, main characters & and their ships(Rowan x Alexia, Rown x Jeerza/Andras and Alexia x Jeerza/Andras), and main secondary characters (Rowan x Alexia x Greyhide/X'zaratl/Clamin/Cliohna etc.) first then focus on the side characters/side stories, then continue on the story again etc. I don't see this game making it out of Act 1 "completely" (something shortened), or half way into act two. With all the rewrites on top of that which doesn't help progression either. Great game, because the sex is implemented into the story and decisions almost feel like they almost most of the time and the plot is fairly decent, but I'm betting it will become abandoned over time.

And I have question is Rain still working on this game, or did they left? Just curious cuz I hadn't seen him/her reply on here in while.

Ajinkya22

Jul 6, 2022
They should of focused on the main story, main characters & and their ships(Rowan x Alexia, Rown x Jeerza/Andras and Alexia x Jeerza/Andras), and main secondary characters (Rowan x Alexia x Greyhide/X'zaratl/Clamin/Cliohna etc.) first then focus on the side characters/side stories, then continue on the story again etc. I don't see this game making it out of Act 1 "completely" (something shortened), or half way into act two. With all the rewrites on top of that which doesn't help progression either. Great game, because the sex is implemented into the story and decisions almost feel like they almost most of the time and the plot is fairly decent, but I'm betting it will become abandoned over time.

And I have question is Rain still working on this game, or did they left? Just curious cuz I hadn't seen him/her reply on here in while.
Yes he is working on Astarte battle rewrite

Ajinkya22

Jul 6, 2022
Latest report

Things are well underway regarding the next release. I'm trying to make the most of my motivation and push forward with finishing the Andras NTR arc. It has undergone some positive changes due to my dissatisfaction with the original idea, and thanks to some discussions with Rein, who provided some excellent suggestions, I've come up with something I'm a lot happier with. The bad news (for me, not you lot) is that it has gone from requiring one event to wrap up before the epilogue to three more, but for those who enjoy this particular storyline, I think you'll be really happy with what is coming. I'm hoping to keep up the momentum and finish another event for the next release.

Moving away from myself to the other writers - DM and Winter are doing the same thing they did last week and collaborating on another Che-Lin event, so hopefully, we'll have another for the July release. Winter is also rolling solo on some Jezera content and a Rowan x Helayna scene and, hopefully, will have those to turn in. Speaking of Helayna, Nyx is busy this release, so may turn in a small Helayna event, but will likely be too busy to do anything. Likewise Hooky is also very busy and unlikely to be able to contribute anything. Rein, however, is continuing his monumental task of making the Battle of Astarte epic and hoping to finish the dominant Rowan version of the Jezera sex scene, so I look forward to more of that.

In terms of the new writers, all of them turned in good events for the last release, showing a decent enough grasp of the way we make the game, so we are onboarding them onto core content straight away to continue the push to finish Act I before I die of old age. Gern is working under Rein to help him finish out the X'zaratl NPC arc, while Roland is helping out on goblins, and whimrho is helping Hooky with fae. They'll all be turning in material relating to these areas for the next release.

Jaceo013

Sep 4, 2017

I agree. It's been way too long since the last significant new Alexia x Andras scene. I think less new characters put in the mix and focus on the main pairings is better.

Oct 18, 2020
It's clear the majority of these characters will be in Act 2, but I wonder how many new characters will make it considering the huge scope with the current number in Act 1.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crusado

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
It's clear the majority of these characters will be in Act 2, but I wonder how many new characters will make it considering the huge scope with the current number in Act 1.
Well for a fantasy story with orcs, with our two main characters living in a castle that houses an orc army, we need an orc character in the roster for both their stories so they can get some orc dick!

Last edited:

siddyviscous

Jul 18, 2023
I think if the scope was more narrow, there would be less burn out so despite presumed incompetence, they'd still be moving faster.
Incompetence is how they ended up with a scope that needs to be dramatically narrowed down in the first place. What the devs have done here is the equivalent of Rachael Gunn in the Olympics; dramatically overestimated their abilities.

Reactions: robin312

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Seeds of Chaos is a good example of what often goes wrong without someone with experience in control. It's the "kid in a candy store" mentality. Game development goes one of two ways; either you've got a project that no one puts a lid on and the scope goes wildly out of control, or you have someone ready, willing, and able to say no to the many things that the creative types on the project want to do.

The candy store problem is exacerbated in Seeds of Chaos due to the nature in which content is delivered. You're on a map that is far too large for the amount of story content, with events that are not guaranteed to spawn, with stats that play a part in whether or not certain events will spawn, in between specific events tied to locations that are in some cases reliant upon whether or not certain events have spawned. So we're left with a development team that has to create a lot of largely irrelevant content to fill in the map, and then there's the events that are tied to the castle, and Alexia's job, and her alignment, and her allegiances, and Rowan's alignment, and his allegiances, and what he's done in past events, and so on and so forth. All of this is further exacerbated by the fact that as the game developed the actual game mechanics eventually required an overhaul because, well, they were shit and kind of still are.

All of this is indicative of a development team that does not understand how to maintain the scope of a project. If we're ever going to see this three act play completed then they're going to need someone with the knowledge of how to direct a project. They need a detailed design document, a project bible that contains the intended content, and a director who maintains it and has the objectivity and authority to keep the scope from going out of control by cutting content. The inmates are running the asylum and that is and will always be a problem for game development.

Nightguy1

May 29, 2022
Seeds of chaos has so many thousands of words spread over so many different plot points i think all these characters and more could be involved in act 2 the game just needs a more limited scope instead of a goblin plot/fae plot/main plot/random events plots/npc plots/. You just do one main plot couple branching options based on char relationships/decisions eg your friends with orcs then batri shows up for a scene or two during a important event or faes show up etc etc.

Reactions: ProtoPrime

Ajinkya22

Jul 6, 2022
Changelog of 0.4.06

Okay, here it is. A little later than I would have liked, and not a huge release due to writers also having issues, but I'll try to make up for it in the next release when there's less going on.

Release Notes

Scenes

• One new Xzaratl relationship event
  • Three reworked Helayna relationship events
  • One new Alexia maid job event
Art

• Seventeen new CGs with (forty-two variants)

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Latest report

Things are well underway regarding the next release. I'm trying to make the most of my motivation and push forward with finishing the Andras NTR arc. It has undergone some positive changes due to my dissatisfaction with the original idea, and thanks to some discussions with Rein, who provided some excellent suggestions, I've come up with something I'm a lot happier with. The bad news (for me, not you lot) is that it has gone from requiring one event to wrap up before the epilogue to three more, but for those who enjoy this particular storyline, I think you'll be really happy with what is coming. I'm hoping to keep up the momentum and finish another event for the next release.

Moving away from myself to the other writers - DM and Winter are doing the same thing they did last week and collaborating on another Che-Lin event, so hopefully, we'll have another for the July release. Winter is also rolling solo on some Jezera content and a Rowan x Helayna scene and, hopefully, will have those to turn in. Speaking of Helayna, Nyx is busy this release, so may turn in a small Helayna event, but will likely be too busy to do anything. Likewise Hooky is also very busy and unlikely to be able to contribute anything. Rein, however, is continuing his monumental task of making the Battle of Astarte epic and hoping to finish the dominant Rowan version of the Jezera sex scene, so I look forward to more of that.

In terms of the new writers, all of them turned in good events for the last release, showing a decent enough grasp of the way we make the game, so we are onboarding them onto core content straight away to continue the push to finish Act I before I die of old age. Gern is working under Rein to help him finish out the X'zaratl NPC arc, while Roland is helping out on goblins, and whimrho is helping Hooky with fae. They'll all be turning in material relating to these areas for the next release.
You should consider putting timestamps on these. (This one was June 10th- so over two months ago).

Posting status updates that are about the second to last update and presenting it as "the latest" is confusing even if it is the last time the developer did a "news from the realm."

Though it does highlight the things that didn't get done that were supposed to be released this last update. Fae and Goblin events. Oof.

I do wonder which of the various writers ended up doing Helenya this rotation. My money is on Nyx. I haven't always been happy with their work but that hommie is a paper mill. Bro can churn out content like a buzz saw churns out sawdust and cut planks.

Honestly, only play this game for the Rowen/Andras scenes (nothing like a big dicked demon stud fucking a hot twink). Wish it was just a VN of those two.
Heh, different strokes. A lot of folks wish the game was more focused in all sorts of different directions. We are opposite sides of the same coin.

Rowan's appearance is prob my least favorite thing about the game. Emma Watson lookin', basic anime chud lookin, boring human manlet. :ROFLMAO:

Bro is painfully middling. And yes, I know he "needs to be that way" to support/enhance the NTR and submissive plots. And yes, I know he is objectively beautiful / good looking. But he is both those things in a super generic / effeminite sorta way.

Yes he varies from scene to scene based on his dominance- but there is only so far in the dominant direction the developers can reasonably stretch napoleon-ette the anime protagonist without a transormation or something.

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
Heh, different strokes. A lot of folks wish the game was more focused in all sorts of different directions. We are opposite sides of the same coin.

Rowan's appearance is prob my least favorite thing about the game. Emma Watson lookin', basic anime chud lookin, boring human manlet. :ROFLMAO:

Bro is painfully middling. And yes, I know he "needs to be that way" to support/enhance the NTR and submissive plots. And yes, I know he is objectively beautiful / good looking. But he is both those things in a super generic / effeminite sorta way.

Yes he varies from scene to scene based on his dominance- but there is only so far in the dominant direction the developers can reasonably stretch napoleon-ette the anime protagonist without a transormation or something.
It's not that he "needs to be" or anything like that. Rowan was a country man that was recruited by the kingdom to fight in the war against Chaos(The twins' father specifically). Being one from the country side, he was neither a noble nor one with a lineage, hence his country-bumpkin appearance.

Him being a commoner also means that he has to be careful of what he says and does especially in front of nobility and those of higher political positions than him. That's the realistic detail that the devs assigned to him.

Also, him being submissive and stuff is only because of the collar tying him down. Unless you've forgotten, Rowan was the central figure to lead the united forces of mankind against the Chaos forces, which also means he was in the position to command the Goddesses heroes.

So in my gameplay at least, I have him as the "will take risks, yet have a compassionate and uncompromising heart" personality.

4.00 star(s) 169 Votes