3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

kylejpn

Aug 20, 2017
i'm confused ... the op says the game is translated to english , yet posts says i need applocal to run japanese laguage ... is the game in egnlish or jp? and i both and i just want to play eng do i still need applocal, and why?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
i'm confused ... the op says the game is translated to english , yet posts says i need applocal to run japanese laguage ... is the game in egnlish or jp? and i both and i just want to play eng do i still need applocal, and why?
It's a common thing for every Japanese game, actually. Even if it's translated, you still need to use applocale for playing with them since your system doesn't recognize the Unicode language used by the Japanese for their games (From Wiki: It is a launcher application that makes it possible to run non-Unicode (code page-based) applications in a locale of the user's choice. - if you want to know more ). In fact, if you try to run the game without applocale, you'll receive tons of error!

Reactions: ponyguy

kylejpn

Aug 20, 2017
It's a common thing for every Japanese game, actually. Even if it's translated, you still need to use applocale for playing with them since your system doesn't recognize the Unicode language used by the Japanese for their games (From Wiki: It is a launcher application that makes it possible to run non-Unicode (code page-based) applications in a locale of the user's choice. - if you want to know more ). In fact, if you try to run the game without applocale, you'll receive tons of error!
so even after installing the applocal i'll still be able to play it in english, right?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
so even after installing the applocal i'll still be able to play it in english, right?
Yes, because the files that are inside the game are English, even though the game is originally in Japanese (his "system file" or something like that)
First you've to install applocale (Windows 7 i'm talking about. If you've Windows 10, I apologize but I can't help you :/), then after that when you've to play a Japanese games with translation, you've to make it start with "Run with Japanese locale as administrator", doing so by clicking on the ".exe" with the right click of the mouse! After that, done, you can easily play without problem c:

Reactions: ponyguy and kylejpn

BloodyRelight

Aug 3, 2017
I don't feel too bad about doing shady things these days but this game made me feel remorse and shame fucked up.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Nope. All of the Japanese games (unless there is a specific patch or a specific publisher make an uncensored version) are censored (female lower parts, and male).
I was very surprised that Melty Quest got one. That alone makes it one of the most high quality Jap ports out there.

beepiss

Jul 21, 2017

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Any Linux users out there who've had any luck with this game in Wine? It seems to launch just fine, but once I get into the game it seems to fail to load backgrounds, sprites, and possibly sound effects. I get error popups every time it goes to use one of those, the headers usually have one of the following 3: SE, BG, BS. Then the contents of the errors seem to just be file addresses, but they only go as deep as Data, and the file names are lacking any extensions. The UI, text, music and voice acting all seem to work just fine though. I'm also running it with the Japanese locale, so it shouldn't be related to that. I have a feeling this may be due to the game using DirectDraw, which Wine has never been all that good with.

Alderaan86

Aug 28, 2017
How can i play the true route? Any guide for this? already unlocked the true route but i can't see any new choice

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes