RPGM Onhold Serenity Circle [v0.18 Public] [Agent Nova]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

uiohjkbnm

Nov 16, 2020
You need General Magic level 2 to gain access. Go to the GM class until your exp is 100, then take the test to reach level 2.
Strange, I keep going to GM but my XP never increases. Same for all the other classes - after the first time I attend, subsequent classes do nothing.

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Strange, I keep going to GM but my XP never increases. Same for all the other classes - after the first time I attend, subsequent classes do nothing.
Check the upper right for the time of day. Classes are only available during morning and noon. The bed in the dorm room advances time. If that's not the issue, I'll look into it further.

uiohjkbnm

Nov 16, 2020
Check the upper right for the time of day. Classes are only available during morning and noon. The bed in the dorm room advances time. If that's not the issue, I'll look into it further.
No, I'm definitely going to the classes, it gives me a stock lecture (usually about spirit magic or something else presumably more there for flavor than story) and time advances, but when I check my stats screen, nothing has changed. This is the case for every class - I go once, it gives me the intro scene, and I learn some spells, but every lesson afterwards is just one of the random generic ones and nothing changes when they finish

Last edited:

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
No, I'm definitely going to the classes, it gives me a stock lecture (usually about spirit magic or something else presumably more there for flavor than story) and time advances, but when I check my stats screen, nothing has changed. This is the case for every class - I go once, it gives me the intro scene, and I learn some spells, but every lesson afterwards is just one of the random generic ones and nothing changes when they finish
The exp is given right after the dialog and just before advancing time and moving out of the classroom. I can't find anything that would be stopping or blocking the exp gain. I tried to replicate the bug with new and old saves on v0.4 and later. I never encountered the bug. Just to clarify, class exp is under the "other" section of the status menu options. Combat exp is separate. I'll continue looking into it and make changes to how the exp is given for the next release.

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
Very promising game. Appreciate the outfit selection, would be glad to see some more in the future which would require... a bit lower inhibition perhaps. Mechanics are generally nice, but couldn't figure out if gaining levels does anything at all.

Chris Hawke

Jul 3, 2018
How to advance the main quest. I found the teacher in te west wing and two students (first/second floor) but not the third. Does someone knows where the third is?

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
How to advance the main quest. I found the teacher in te west wing and two students (first/second floor) but not the third. Does someone knows where the third is?
I just randomly spoke with some people and it triggered, don't remember who exactly. Maybe outside as well?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
There are students on the third floor. I think I talked to one of them.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Okay, I had a chance, finally, to play this, and wanted to give the dev some feedback without the formality of a review.

What I liked:
  • Proper use of RPGM, with random encounters, searches for characters, etc. RPGM combat is boring, but this doesn't seem like a combat-heavy game and so what is there is fine as a default. Combat does give incentives to focus training, so is probably necessary.
  • Interesting characters. The main character, the teachers, and even the summons all have things to say.
  • Speaking of which (literally), the dialogue is smooth and natural. It's a real shame how rare that is.
  • Grinding is at an appropriate level. The player gets the sense of the repetitiveness of school, without having to overdo it.
  • The way the tests reflect the lessons from the classrooms. This could be a problem for players returning to the game after having not played for a while, but this feature enlivens the classroom lessons because the lecture isn't filler. Plus, everythign sems to be repeated at least once before the next test, so even failing a test is just a slight delay. Passing tests seems like an accomplishment.
  • The art is good, insofar as it goes. Silhouettes for NPC sprites is an interesting choice to distinguish randoids from NPCs.
What I disliked:
  • Use of mazes and circular paths to artificially increase the click count while traveling.
  • (maybe unintentional) placement of exit markers exactly one square beyond the edge of the visible map on interior cells, requiring more clicks to cross a room.
  • Repetitive dialogue with NPCs to graind up "affection" stats.
  • No way to make money except through use of the bogus RPGM combat system (apparently to be fixed). Maybe have the player receive an "allowance" from home, so the player can get moving forward on the quests. This is made worse by the fact that you can't go fight during the day because classes, nor during the evening because bugs.
  • Use of a futa as the only "romance-able" NPC. This satisfies neither the heterosexual crowd nor the homosexual crowd. Futas have their fans, but they aren't sexually stimulating for many/most. Having a choice of genders (including nonbinaries like futas) for the partner should be a priority.
  • That's it, though. Pretty much nits or things being worked on.
I complain abut games that shouldn't be made in RPGM getting made in RPGM because "it's easy," but this game isn't one of those. RPGM is the proper system for this game.

I'm looking forward to more.

Reactions: combige

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
Not really sure what you mean by not being able to do combat properly. I was out beating desert thugs at all times of the day, and heck even during classes - gotta collect some misses to get them spankings. Drop rate of potions and relics is decent enough that when already a bit geared, you can just complete the whole room chain in one go, and then get a decent amount of money to buy some stuff.

The only area that felt like a maze was the minotaur maze that's... well... intended to be one. I suppose also an area in the desert which you really never had to walk because teleportation. Also smh, what kind of barbarian plays RPGM games with a mouse. As for affection you only needed to talk twice to the minotaur and I guess 6 times to the golem, which took less than a minute and could hardly be called grinding.

By the way, teleportation is fantastic. Though I love the ability to actually walk too, since sometimes you just feel like taking a scenic route, and it feels nice for there to be an actual map, not just points you jump between. Kind of what makes all those Renpy games where you click between locations feel so lifeless and disorienting.

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Thank you for the feedback! Sorry for the long post. I tried to reply to everything mentioned.

There will definitely be more outfits. A skimpier version of the school uniform is one I have planned.

Player levels mainly just give slight stat increases that probably aren't very noticeable at low levels. I won't emphasize player level too much and instead have stats matter far more than level. Stats will be obtained primarily from equipment. You shouldn't need to level grind stats if you find a combat based road block, look for better gear instead. (There's not a lot of equipment in the game at the moment.)

Teleporting is intended to be a sort of fast travel option. It can be unlocked at General Magic level 2. You can use the skill from the skill tab in the menu. Areas need to be visited at least once before you can teleport to them. The teleport menu is locked per world to prevent menu bloat and/or bugs.

Summons will have more quests in the future to help with affection gain.

I'll be adding several new options for making money and in general just things to do. Jobs similar to the ones in my previous game is one example. GM level 5 will make classes optional so you can do other things without punishments for skipping class.

Missions will be another grind reducing feature. You will be able to choose a mission during morning instead of going to class. A mage will chaperone you to a randomized dungeon/scenario. Completing various objectives will advance time and reward things like money and items. The main objective will reward player exp as a way for players to level up without combat. Completing objectives could be anything from using the right spells (aka problem solving) to puzzles, combat, sex, etc. You will be able to end the mission at any time or automatically when the day ends. Not completing the main objective will have similar effects to skipping class, mainly to prevent those scenes from being locked once you hit GM5.

I have 4 characters planned with romance options. The other 3 are a dominant male, a submissive male, and a female. You will "unlock" them in the various school clubs which still need to be added. I decided a few versions ago to stop adding so much new content with one or two scenes and focus on finishing the existing stuff. That's why the others haven't been added yet.

AriaZaia

Oct 29, 2018
Oh fantastic, Celestial memoir was a really good game and I didn't even know this was out until now, can't wait to play this one

Viper

Apr 28, 2017
Just discovered the game, and read through the OP. Really nice, I curious what we can customize in further updates and I'm really delighted to see we will have pregnancy in it. So count me in as a silent supporter!

freca

Jun 15, 2017
Character customization in a game that futas exist and MC can't be a futa? Pass.

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I plan to add tattoos and more outfits in the future for character customizing. More outfits for the summons, too. Wearing "toys" will also be a thing, just not present in scenes.

The MC will most likely never have a futa option, though I may add some scenes with a temporary transformation.

All futa content can be avoided. Right now, it's just the character Vivi. It will usually be fairly obvious or there will be a confirmation if you are about to run into futa content. The same or similar can be said about the other major fetishes. For example, pregnancy is off by default and has to be turned on. (Future update)

Reactions: Naxos

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
Serenity Circle v0.8 Public

Reactions: geordie and desm0nd

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I do not know how to lower the inhibition.
Start with the scenes in the dorm room. Buying the laptop at the bazaar will unlock a few more. Once the inhibition stat is low enough, the other scenes will unlock.

Ikarius

Game Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Serenity Circle [v0.8 Public] [Agent Nova] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 841.33 MB
Original MAC Size: 843.10 MB

Compressed PC Size: 113.2 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 114.2 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes