imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
It's a bit too early to tell, but so far the story seems intended to be vanilla. The MC is a respected, mildly notorious combatant or "problem solver" affiliated with either the military or a PMC. The NTR results from him losing fights and failing to protect the love interest(s?), which I can't imagine will improve any story-related outcomes. He's being pulled into a conflict over the fate of the world involving horrifically invasive technology, after all.

So far NTR is either used as a threat, creating tension for the player by making fights and combat feel more important, or purely optional content for those who enjoy that sort of thing. There's a point system in place, so it's possible that NTR will result in bad-ends or make it harder to progress when heroines fail affinity checks and can't/won't support the MC as a consequence. We don't know--the game isn't that far along yet.
Oh, that's isn't bad at all, if its just for bad endings/outcomes

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
This is the end of current content? or i'm not doing something? 1695013695149.png

warbandit18

Aug 31, 2017
Reads like the next update is gonna be pretty huge compared to previous updates. But lets hope he kinda ditches the polls for his own schedule and what he wants to make. We have seen to much where polls and such with constantly putting new things into the game can quickly lead to a worse story and unfocused plot.

Tho im always scared when they talk about not abandoning a game. It feels like it always leads to them abandoning the game within 2 months seeing some games on this site.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Tho im always scared when they talk about not abandoning a game. It feels like it always leads to them abandoning the game within 2 months seeing some games on this site.
I think it depends on the situation. A lot of devs get accused of or asked whether they've abandoned their game all the time, just for not being on a weekly or monthly update cycle. A lot of users on this site are really impatient, and it doesn't matter to them how consistent a dev is, if it takes them longer than 2 to 4 weeks to get their updates, they jump to asking if the game is abandoned or accusing the dev of abandoning their game. If the dev is either unused to this happening, or feels the questions/accusations are unwarranted, they naturally feel the need to defend themselves. I think as new dev it must feel really shitty for every delay you face to lead to accusations of abandonment. Not realising that those people aren't actually vocalising everyone's thoughts about you and are just being assholes seems natural and is something most devs seem to be able to get past with time. As long as the dev learns not to take those kinds of people seriously and ignore them, I think it'll be fine. It might take a while for them to get to that point though. Until then, it's pretty normal to get defensive about accusations of abandoning something they're working very hard on

AnotherLurker

May 19, 2017
I think it depends on the situation. A lot of devs get accused of or asked whether they've abandoned their game all the time, just for not being on a weekly or monthly update cycle. A lot of users on this site are really impatient, and it doesn't matter to them how consistent a dev is, if it takes them longer than 2 to 4 weeks to get their updates, they jump to asking if the game is abandoned or accusing the dev of abandoning their game. If the dev is either unused to this happening, or feels the questions/accusations are unwarranted, they naturally feel the need to defend themselves. I think as new dev it must feel really shitty for every delay you face to lead to accusations of abandonment. Not realising that those people aren't actually vocalising everyone's thoughts about you and are just being assholes seems natural and is something most devs seem to be able to get past with time. As long as the dev learns not to take those kinds of people seriously and ignore them, I think it'll be fine. It might take a while for them to get to that point though. Until then, it's pretty normal to get defensive about accusations of abandoning something they're working very hard on
>users
>people
You mean the mouth-breathing flesh-bots? I'd hardly call them people, they're barely even Coomers.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Reads like the next update is gonna be pretty huge compared to previous updates. But lets hope he kinda ditches the polls for his own schedule and what he wants to make. We have seen to much where polls and such with constantly putting new things into the game can quickly lead to a worse story and unfocused plot.
Very much agree, I've been thinking about this a fair amount lately. After going through as many games as I have, I've started to roll my eyes a bit when I see devs rely on Patreon polls for content direction/order of implementation. Nothing wrong with giving supporters a voice, but it should be relegated to minor things imo. Maybe an extra bonus scene or something, not determining the direction of a entire update. Games are generally better when developers are left to their own creative vision.

warbandit18

Aug 31, 2017
Man i really miss the biweekly updates he had. This update is consuming a lot of time for him it seems. 17 september last update. Hope he doesn’t feel the pressure to completely finish the academy entirely.

If i did read the poll and his comments correctly the academy’s alone gonna be like 2/3 updates worth of content.
Wish we got an update.

Last edited:

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
well, will we have netorare/netorase/netori? I seed the tag and 2 small ass gropes on Marika from a random dude, but that's it.
It's something planned for the future or someone messed up with the tags just because of 2 ass grabs?

4.70 star(s) 9 Votes