Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.7.3] [squirrel24]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
wait so the quest tells you to mark the bot as DNS but marking it as DNS will prevent the quest from completing?
I don't believe the quest tells you to do this and definitely do NOT do it. If you can point out where it says to do this please let me know and I will definitely change it in the next version.

The purpose of the DNS setting is so you don't accidentally sell, or give away in this case, bots you really want to keep. Bots marked DNS cannot be given to the mob.

javierchiro

Jun 9, 2017
The idea is that these robots are made to look and feel human. In the game robots are rated on a scale from F to A plus "S" for "Special" being better than A. The game does not include robots with the lower F and E ratings. If I decide to make F and E rated robots they will look more like robots. Cheers!
Es que si se llama sexbot y todas las chicas parecen humanas,¿ cual seria la diferencia con los demás juegos que tienen chicas humanas ? Es solo una opinion, hubiera sido bueno si tuvieran una apariencia estilo Saber Marionette, con lineas en las articulaciones. Saludos

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Es que si se llama sexbot y todas las chicas parecen humanas,¿ cual seria la diferencia con los demás juegos que tienen chicas humanas ? Es solo una opinion, hubiera sido bueno si tuvieran una apariencia estilo Saber Marionette, con lineas en las articulaciones. Saludos
I understand why you expect this but the human appearance is what I want to do. In the game these are supposed to be sexbots one hundred years from now and they are very good. Bots and parts in the game are rated by letter with "F" being the lowest quality and "A" being high quality. The "S" rating is considered "Special" so it is better quality than "A". The game does not have any "F" or "E" rated bots in it now. If I decide to make "F" or "E" rated bots the "E" rated bots will look more like what you expect with lines or seams and the "F" rated bots will probably not even look human, they will look mechanical. I'm not sure anyone would want to use an "F" rated sexbot! :)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Do lower quality cpu decrease how quickly the psychocore lowers?
No, the stability loss is proportional to the change in other characteristics. For example, whenever your bot gains a LOT of skill in training it will also lose a LOT of stability. Conversely whenever your bot gains only a SMALL amount of skill in training it will also lose only a SMALL amount of stability.

Indirectly a low quality CPU does result in a bot losing less stability during training but this is only because they gain less skill from the training. It is not a good strategy to use lower quality CPUs. This will take a longer time and use a lot more AP because you will have to repeat the training many more times.

FYI; Each bot has a rating that affects stability loss. For example, the "D" rated "AGRX-10" bot has a very good rating and loses much less stability than most other bots. Too bad it's only a "D" rated bot! :)

majinmike

Aug 22, 2017
No, the stability loss is proportional to the change in other characteristics. For example, whenever your bot gains a LOT of skill in training it will also lose a LOT of stability. Conversely whenever your bot gains only a SMALL amount of skill in training it will also lose only a SMALL amount of stability.

Indirectly a low quality CPU does result in a bot losing less stability during training but this is only because they gain less skill from the training. It is not a good strategy to use lower quality CPUs. This will take a longer time and use a lot more AP because you will have to repeat the training many more times.

FYI; Each bot has a rating that affects stability loss. For example, the "D" rated "AGRX-10" bot has a very good rating and loses much less stability than most other bots. Too bad it's only a "D" rated bot! :)
So for bots that I have maxed out on stats I should give them low CPUs so I don't have to keep stabilizing them so often.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
So for bots that I have maxed out on stats I should give them low CPUs so I don't have to keep stabilizing them so often.
I had not thought of that but it might be a good strategy for bots you want to keep. If you are selling bots the price you get is proportional to part quality so you might want to put a better CPU back when you sell the bot. Also, if you intend to send the bot to the UFC (fight club) lower quality CPUs will result in losing fights. Your bot will be "outsmarted" by the opponent. I don't think lower quality CPUs affect other missions and actions but I'm not certain.

You should take advantage of your observation now because I will change this in a future version! I will do this by making the outcomes of more activities proportional to the CPU quality. You'll get the improvement in stability loss but the bot will not be as useful. After all, you can't run good AI software on low quality hardware today so why should a bot which must be running AI software be able to do it? :unsure: You'll just have to purchase the capsule upgrades to maintain bot stability! ;)

Reactions: majinmike

majinmike

Aug 22, 2017
I had not thought of that but it might be a good strategy for bots you want to keep. If you are selling bots the price you get is proportional to part quality so you might want to put a better CPU back when you sell the bot. Also, if you intend to send the bot to the UFC (fight club) lower quality CPUs will result in losing fights. Your bot will be "outsmarted" by the opponent. I don't think lower quality CPUs affect other missions and actions but I'm not certain.

You should take advantage of your observation now because I will change this in a future version! I will do this by making the outcomes of more activities proportional to the CPU quality. You'll get the improvement in stability loss but the bot will not be as useful. After all, you can't run good AI software on low quality hardware today so why should a bot which must be running AI software be able to do it? :unsure: You'll just have to purchase the capsule upgrades to maintain bot stability! ;)
Definitely gonna abuse this for awhile before you patch it. :cool:

Reactions: squirrel24

abilt11496

Mar 20, 2020
I don't believe the quest tells you to do this and definitely do NOT do it. If you can point out where it says to do this please let me know and I will definitely change it in the next version.

The purpose of the DNS setting is so you don't accidentally sell, or give away in this case, bots you really want to keep. Bots marked DNS cannot be given to the mob.
it seems i missed a NOT in the mob check

Helluvafist

Jun 24, 2024
Excuse me friends! I can't get the damage bot function to work. I'm pretty tired of having to manually whore my bots out and tell them to scavenge. I have them all turned on to listen and I have one bot with s ranked social and the bot roll. Why do I get a message every time to check their status? The status page says nothing. (Also I really like this game, I've been playing it non stop for a few days)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Excuse me friends! I can't get the damage bot function to work. I'm pretty tired of having to manually whore my bots out and tell them to scavenge. I have them all turned on to listen and I have one bot with s ranked social and the bot roll. Why do I get a message every time to check their status? The status page says nothing. (Also I really like this game, I've been playing it non stop for a few days)
I believe you mean 'manage' not 'damage', right? I'm sorry but I made a mistake and left out some information when describing the 'Bot Manager' role requirements in the game. The requirement for A+ social skill is listed and is required to assign the role but there are additional requirements for the bot to carry out the function. A 'Bot Manager' must have 100% integrity and be "stable" (>=75% stability) to function. They will not perform the role in any turn where they do not meet both requirements and you'll get the message. I'll add this information to the role description in the next version. Sorry. :oops:

FYI: I'm considering removing the 100% integrity requirement and replacing it with a requirement for a A+ level CPU in perfect condition (100%). The role requires smarts but physical skills aren't really necessary. If I do this the information will be put in the role description.

Last edited:

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Pretty sure the Mob quest is broken. And there doesn't seem to *be* a button to move a sexbot into storage.

And I suggest you open a Patreon, if only so you can hire on help or pay for assets when you need it.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Well I guess there are catgirl mods, but it really should be in the base game whether you like 'em or not. I mean look at Elon Musk and how often he mentions the catgirls... it's gonna happen, you can't stop it.

I only played the original when it first came out, a bit sad the original dev stopped making it I was waiting for it to get more content then is disappeared and I forgot about it. Glad you picked it up and continued it, I love these management type games.

Reactions: squirrel24

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
the "F" rated bots will probably not even look human, they will look mechanical. I'm not sure anyone would want to use an "F" rated sexbot! :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't want to know how many Rule34 drawings are on the net featuring these. If I can find the right assets, I'd definitely consider making a mod for one, though some people might not like the sex images, since being the submissive one just doesn't fit their personality. (in the Fallout series, most of these are mass murdering psychopaths, with an extremely sarcastic kind of black humor).

• Haha
Reactions: Fenix2100
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes