Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.7.3] [squirrel24]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Pretty sure the Mob quest is broken. And there doesn't seem to *be* a button to move a sexbot into storage.

And I suggest you open a Patreon, if only so you can hire on help or pay for assets when you need it.
It may not be where you expected, go to 'Capsules' and you can move any of your bots from capsules to storage. The reverse is true to, go to 'Storage' and you can move any of your bots from storage to capsules.

If you tell me what is wrong with Mob quest perhaps I can help. I've said before, it was a mod for DSCS a long time ago and it does work. Maybe it's something like the button to move a sexbot to storage, not intuitive for you. I get that, been there and done that.

Regarding your suggestions, thanks but not going to happen. I'm not interested in hiring anyone and I can afford the assets I need. This project will remain a hobby.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Finally, someone made game about sexbots, man, you are genious
Thanks but I'm not a genious, there are other games about sexbots and this game itself is a variant of a great game about sexbots by Radnor. Unfortunately he had to stop development and I couldn't resist picking it up. The good code in SR24 is his, the amateur code is mine! Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: Dripping

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I have a problem while I'm playing it suddenly gets stuck and then the game closes, I'm using the android version.
Can you give me more information about what is happening? Also, are you using mods or is it the 'vanilla' game you're playing? I'd like to help!

I play on my Android tablet myself and the game is sluggish compared to Windows but it has never done what you described for me.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
yo, this is an actually very good sandbox game. thanks for continuing it, hope there's more base render coming in the future because personally. i like it when games have a cohesive arts lol
Thanks! The base game is all DSCS by Radnor and the amateur artwork is mine except for the 5 bots that were in DSCS.

One thing I've heard before and I'm surprised it hasn't come up here yet is a complaint that when your bot goes on a mission the images are a different bot and always the same one. Unfortunately making artwork for 20 bots is 20X more work than making artwork for 1 bot. I'm slow with DAZ and this is beyond my reach so that's the way it has to be. Also, there is no way I can create mission images for bot mods which are a big part of the game's appeal.

Anyway, thanks again!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Can I have mods?
That's a pretty open ended question, of course you can but you have to find them and download them. Since this page for SR24 is relatively new there is a lot more information about mods on the DSCS page or you can click on the Discord link on page 1 here or on the Discord link in the game on the start page.

If you want to get started with mods the best source of information is a post by Mr_Shaky on the DSCS page here on F95Zone. There are two links there that will be helpful: 'Mods' and 'Installing Mods Guide'(by Mr_Shaky).

I received permission from Mr_Shaky to add links to his posts here on the SR24 page but I haven't done it yet.
If you use his links here is an important disclaimer:

Mr_Shaky's excellent work was done for DSCS not for SR24 and there are small differences. MOST (not all) mods for DSCS work for SR24. (Many bot mods require a little tweaking, please see the MS Word doc in the SR24 'game\information' folder.) Mr_Shaky's posts are for DSCS and he has no way to know which mods work on SR24 and which ones don't work on SR24. Do NOT blame him for any trouble you have, instead come here and I'll do my best to help. The SR24 readme will always have information about mod compatibility, please check there first if you're having trouble. I'll do my best to help with mods but I don't want to over promise and under-deliver: some mods made for DSCS simply won't work for SR24. In a few cases I've reached out to mod developers asking them to update their mods for SR24, here are 4 developers who have done this: Daedalron-excellent package of over 20 bots with new parts too, ZOM, YuriShikane, and Fruit.

Last edited:

Death3248

Nov 30, 2023
ok I have played dscs game before it has a good start into this type of game... this mod or addon which ever you pick seem better to me ... has alot of things to do fixing parts , fixing bots, selling parts , selling bots , training bots. that's just a few of the things I have found to do ... that said most of the mods I have for dscs won't work on this game... I am getting all kinds of errors when I try to add some of the bot mods... seems only a few mods will work and they only seem to add a rating to parts or bots or add a mission such as underground fighting or sending the bots to school.. things like that seem to work but not the mods that add a certain bots... may want to add a page for what mods will work on this game vs mods that work only in dscs...

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
ok I have played dscs game before it has a good start into this type of game... this mod or addon which ever you pick seem better to me ... has alot of things to do fixing parts , fixing bots, selling parts , selling bots , training bots. that's just a few of the things I have found to do ... that said most of the mods I have for dscs won't work on this game... I am getting all kinds of errors when I try to add some of the bot mods... seems only a few mods will work and they only seem to add a rating to parts or bots or add a mission such as underground fighting or sending the bots to school.. things like that seem to work but not the mods that add a certain bots... may want to add a page for what mods will work on this game vs mods that work only in dscs...
Please look at the 'game\information' folder. There is an MS Word doc describing how to make bot mods work with SR24. The most common problem is that most of them depend upon another mod which contains bot parts; 'ShakyMod_Parts'. This applied to DSCS too so that may not be your problem. Anyway, please read the info and it's fairly easy to get bot mods working.

I always put mod compatibility information in the 'readme' file in the same location. It's sparse because I rarely use mods myself any more. My playing time is mostly testing without mods. Adding mods is the last step in testing.

A post or page about compatibility is a good idea but everything I know is in the 'readme' and I'd rather spend my time developing SR24 than investigating mod compatibility. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Death3248

Nov 30, 2023
Please look at the 'game\information' folder. There is an MS Word doc describing how to make bot mods work with SR24. The most common problem is that most of them depend upon another mod which contains bot parts; 'ShakyMod_Parts'. This applied to DSCS too so that may not be your problem. Anyway, please read the info and it's fairly easy to get bot mods working.

I always put mod compatibility information in the 'readme' file in the same location. It's sparse because I rarely use mods myself any more. My playing time is mostly testing without mods. Adding mods is the last step in testing.

A post or page about compatibility is a good idea but everything I know is in the 'readme' and I'd rather spend my time developing SR24 than investigating mod compatibility. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
hey it's ok no problem. this is by far the better game ... its me I guess I was hoping to use most of my dscs mods that I have but so far only the shakymod parts seems to work the other mods have some kind error when i try to add them...

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
hey it's ok no problem. this is by far the better game ... its me I guess I was hoping to use most of my dscs mods that I have but so far only the shakymod parts seems to work the other mods have some kind error when i try to add them...
Please provide more information about the problems, I really want mods to work so I'd like to help.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
give me a few and I will check and see if they post again... when they started the errors I had removed them from the game.
No worries, take your time. I have plenty of other stuff to do! :)

I appreciate your taking the time, it's above and beyond. Cheers!

Last edited:

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
ok here a traceback error report and that is with just eight different bots mods...
Thanks! Can you tell me which mods you added? I need to get them myself and take a look at them.

Unfortunately the game crashes on the first error so there is no way of knowing which mod is causing this. If we want to get to the bottom of this you have to add mods one at a time and see if the game crashes. This is the only way to determine exactly which mod or mods are causing the crash. It's a lot of work and you may not be willing. If you haven't read the MS Word doc in the 'game\information' folder I'd give it a shot. Fixing bot mods is relatively easy.

Some may consider this silly but I won't modify other people's mods and distribute them. I also don't use other people's artwork and any code I've used is always with permission. This just seems like the right thing to do. I'll help people learn how to fix mods for themselves but I won't do it for anyone except for myself. Cheers!

Last edited:

Death3248

Nov 30, 2023
Thanks! Can you tell me which mods you added? I need to get them myself and take a look at them.

Unfortunately the game crashes on the first error so there is no way of knowing which mod is causing this. If we want to get to the bottom of this you have to add mods one at a time and see if the game crashes. This is the only way to determine exactly which mod or mods are causing the crash. It's a lot of work and you may not be willing. If you haven't read the MS Word doc in the 'game\information' folder I'd give it a shot. Fixing bot mods is relatively easy.

Some may consider this silly but I won't modify other people's mods and distribute them. I also don't use other people's artwork and any code I've used is always with permission. This just seems like the right thing to do. I'll help people learn how to fix mods for themselves but I won't do it for anyone except for myself. Cheers!
just a few have to look and see...

Death3248

Nov 30, 2023

ok here a small list that I have that seem to cause an error or two..

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
ok here a small list that I have that seem to cause an error or two..
Thanks, I'll take a look at these and see if I can figure out what's going wrong and how you can fix it.

UPDATE:

I've installed Daedalron's bots and all of YuriShikane's bots and they all work. I've tested both of these before but I repeated it just in case. For these make sure you don't have both the original ".json" file and the SR24 updated ".json" files. Having both WILL cause problems.

I believe Klaptrap made lulu and liara and both of those work. They are very old and only have the parts and part types (slots) that were in the original DSCS game. The MS Word file I've mentioned has instructions for adding the new parts and part types (slots) if you're interested.

I do not know where 'gabbie carter' comes from, do you know the author or where you got it? This one is the last chance for me to repeat your issue, all of the others work correctly in SR24 0.7.2.

Last edited:

Death3248

Nov 30, 2023
Thanks, I'll take a look at these and see if I can figure out what's going wrong and how you can fix it.

UPDATE:

I've installed Daedalron's bots and all of YuriShikane's bots and they all work. I've tested both of these before but I repeated it just in case. For these make sure you don't have both the original ".json" file and the SR24 updated ".json" files. Having both WILL cause problems.

I believe Klaptrap made lulu and liara and both of those work. They are very old and only have the parts and part types (slots) that were in the original DSCS game. The MS Word file I've mentioned has instructions for adding the new parts and part types (slots) if you're interested.

I do not know where 'gabbie carter' comes from, do you know the author or where you got it? This one is the last chance for me to repeat your issue, all of the others work correctly in SR24 0.7.2.
I think I got the gabble carter when I used daedalron's bots but I was not paying attention ... I removed gabble carter and the other mods seem to work now... I think gabble carter is a mod that added a crater to search in dscs...but I am not sure...

Reactions: squirrel24
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes