Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.7.3] [squirrel24]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I saw your post on Discord too, you really want to know! :)

The answer may help other people so I'll post the answer here too. (I'll omit the mistake I made on Discord!)
  • Gaining autonomy is related to training and experience, it's not under your direct control. When you train your bots or send them on missions they will gain autonomy some of the time. The only way to increase autonomy in your bots is to keep training them and sending them on missions.
  • Autonomy is capped by the bot's CPU rating but it does not decrease if you downgrade the CPU later.
  • High rated CPUs make training more effective so they will indirectly help your bots gain autonomy.
  • Any type of training can increase autonomy.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I think I got the gabble carter when I used daedalron's bots but I was not paying attention ... I removed gabble carter and the other mods seem to work now... I think gabble carter is a mod that added a crater to search in dscs...but I am not sure...
I did a little searching, hey I'm persistent, and found 'gabbie carter'. It's an old bot mod by 'saneulae'. This bot mod requires 'ShakyMod_Parts' but when I added 'gabbie carter' and 'shakymod_parts' to my Windows installation of SR24 0.7.2 it works.

You either are missing 'shakymod_parts' or your mods folder has extra files causing conflicts.

Cheers!

Death3248

Nov 30, 2023
I did a little searching, hey I'm persistent, and found 'gabbie carter'. It's an old bot mod by 'saneulae'. This bot mod requires 'ShakyMod_Parts' but when I added 'gabbie carter' and 'shakymod_parts' to my Windows installation of SR24 0.7.2 it works.

You either are missing 'shakymod_parts' or your mods folder has extra files causing conflicts.

Cheers!
ok thanks I just took gabble carter off the game and the mods seem to work now..

Reactions: squirrel24

plong

Mar 16, 2019
How do you raise the autonomy stat for robots?
  • You just train them and they'll gain XP in autonomy.
  • The max level of autonomy is decided by the CPU-grade.
  • When you train them and there is no message about gaining XP you have reached max level.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
I have a request for the creator (and a big thanks to give them for resurrecting this fun game). When bots return from whoring, their title line is in a massive font size. That pushes their night's earnings almost completely outside the box. If they have a lot of info to report, the money statement does leave the box. I have to scroll to read the final lines. Or maybe their photo could be downsized. Either way this should resolve itself easily.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I have a request for the creator (and a big thanks to give them for resurrecting this fun game). When bots return from whoring, their title line is in a massive font size. That pushes their night's earnings almost completely outside the box. If they have a lot of info to report, the money statement does leave the box. I have to scroll to read the final lines. Or maybe their photo could be downsized. Either way this should resolve itself easily.
Glad you liked DSCS, obviously I did too!

I agree with you about the mission result screen. You'll have to put up with it for now but in version 0.8.n I will make changes to the mission report screen. I haven't done it yet so this plan isn't etched in stone but I will reduce the size of the avatar image and place the 'flavor' image below it on the left column. This will allow the entire height of the right column to show the information. I believe this will solve the problem.

Reactions: leequiring

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
There will be a new release posted soon. It does NOT have any new features, it has only 3 small changes.
  1. The 'Mob Bot Check' function has been improved to help you know what the issues are.
  2. A 'Sabotage Bot Check' was added to help you execute your 'sabotage' plan.
  3. Missing information about the 'Bot Manager' role was added.
My signature here on F95Zone has links to the latest version of SR24, the source code, and the information files. (I'm not posting the source for this minor update.)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Obsessively

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
Glad you liked DSCS, obviously I did too!

I agree with you about the mission result screen. You'll have to put up with it for now but in version 0.8.n I will make changes to the mission report screen. I haven't done it yet so this plan isn't etched in stone but I will reduce the size of the avatar image and place the 'flavor' image below it on the left column. This will allow the entire height of the right column to show the information. I believe this will solve the problem.
Thank you for saying it is fewer words than I. There is one other feature I'd like to see added, and that is having the bot managers update the stabilization for me after a night of ... commerce. Repairs are under control, but not stabilization. Not even at level 4 capsules, though it deteriorates more slowly.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Thank you for saying it is fewer words than I. There is one other feature I'd like to see added, and that is having the bot managers update the stabilization for me after a night of ... commerce. Repairs are under control, but not stabilization. Not even at level 4 capsules, though it deteriorates more slowly.
I understand the desire, it's been asked before. I'm resisting though, when you delegate tasks in real life you have to follow up and make sure they're done. In the game this is the "Status" button. There may be room for a "level 5" or even a "level 6" upgrade in the future but they'd be expensive. If so I'd make level 5 significantly better than level 4 and I'd make level 6 an automatic 100% stability. Not sure about this and it definitely will not be in the next version.

There is one issue about the 'Status' screen that I'd like to fix but I've tried and failed! The list of bots on the left side keeps scrolling back to the top after selecting a bot. I want it to stay put but for some unknown reason it always scrolls back up to the top. Being an amateur sucks! :(

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Just an FYI for everyone. In the spirit of the game I decided to have the SR24 page administered by bots (actually moderators) so I don't have to. ;) I guess that means my avatar won't be shown on page 1 any more, too bad.

subenji

Oct 10, 2018
There is one issue about the 'Status' screen that I'd like to fix but I've tried and failed! The list of bots on the left side keeps scrolling back to the top after selecting a bot. I want it to stay put but for some unknown reason it always scrolls back up to the top. Being an amateur sucks! :(
There's code for doing that in Radnor's ui_scrollbox class; try giving the scrollbox element an id and tagging it to update:

Python:
# modules\0010_dscs_base\screens\interactions\mode_status.rpy
screen mode_status(act_data):
  style_prefix "mode_status"
  $char=find_character(act_data["char"])
  hbox:
    align (0.5,0.5)
    ysize (1080-32)
    spacing 8
    fixed:
      xsize 384
      use ui_frame(scroll=True):
        # --> setting a scrollbox id, and update=true
        use ui_scrollbox(id=69, update=True):
          style_prefix "mode_status_left"
          python:
            chars=[game.pc.id]+[bot.id for bot in home.sexbots if bot]+[bot.id for bot in workshop.sexbots if bot]
            next_char=None

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
There's code for doing that in Radnor's ui_scrollbox class; try giving the scrollbox element an id and tagging it to update:

Python:
# modules\0010_dscs_base\screens\interactions\mode_status.rpy
screen mode_status(act_data):
  style_prefix "mode_status"
  $char=find_character(act_data["char"])
  hbox:
    align (0.5,0.5)
    ysize (1080-32)
    spacing 8
    fixed:
      xsize 384
      use ui_frame(scroll=True):
        # --> setting a scrollbox id, and update=true
        use ui_scrollbox(id=69, update=True):
          style_prefix "mode_status_left"
          python:
            chars=[game.pc.id]+[bot.id for bot in home.sexbots if bot]+[bot.id for bot in workshop.sexbots if bot]
            next_char=None
Sorry about the stuff below, I'm a little dense. :(

When I modified the file the way you said to it works. When I messed it up by doing it wrong it didn't work, duh!

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated! If you're feeling generous please read the next post! Cheers!

I appreciate your help but I don't really understand it. You entered a line in your example code and indented things afterwards. I believe I need to keep indenting all the way down to the line:

Python:
 "fixed:"
Is this correct?

I tried it and it works to prevent the problem but also causes a couple of artifacts I don't like. First the scroll wheel on the mouse no longer scrolls the list. Second the scroll bar acts as if there are many, many more items in the list and you scroll down a long way through an empty screen, i.e. it seems to be adding a large number of blank items to the list.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
As long as I'm asking for help and someone is answering (THANKS! :) ) perhaps I can throw out another issue that I cannot fix.

Sometimes when you mouse over buttons in the game without clicking on them the images in the main window shift their position and scrolling over the button again causes it to snap back into the correct position. It's not reproducible and some buttons seem to do it more than others. This happens on Windows but I don't remember seeing it on Android. I don't have a Mac or a Linux box so I have no idea if it happens there. If anyone else has seen this and has any idea how to fix it I'd be grateful! Cheers!

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018
One thing I've heard before and I'm surprised it hasn't come up here yet is a complaint that when your bot goes on a mission the images are a different bot and always the same one. Unfortunately making artwork for 20 bots is 20X more work than making artwork for 1 bot. I'm slow with DAZ and this is beyond my reach so that's the way it has to be. Also, there is no way I can create mission images for bot mods which are a big part of the game's appeal.

Anyway, thanks again!
well, personally for me, the mission images are kinda like, flavor texts. like, its great that its there but i dont mind even if its not there, it just helps player visualize whats happening in the scene and let the brain/imagination do the rest. hence why i love a cohesive art throughout the game lol, personally i dont mind you not making more or maybe make 1-2 missions images every now and then. i'd rather (if you want to of course lol) you make renders for new bots and get more diversity of bots, like maybe a B-S class techs or S class female combat bots for example.

anyway, looking forward for your vision of this game's future!

Reactions: Obsessively

Obsessively

Jul 14, 2020
Congratulations for your own thread !
Manager and master tech roles are awesome additions.
I wish you good time since its already awesome to me :geek:.
ps. on mobile, settings don't save btw .d

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Congratulations for your own thread !
Manager and master tech roles are awesome additions.
I wish you good time since its already awesome to me :geek:.
ps. on mobile, settings don't save btw .d
Thanks for your kind words! :) Funny thing about settings, Radnor put in a lot of them and I never use any of them. :giggle: I did change one, I always use the repeat button feature and I made it the new default. I play on my Android tablet as well as Windows but since I don't change settings I never noticed. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it, the only thing I know about Android is I click on it in Renpy to make the build. :giggle:

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes