Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.7.3] [squirrel24]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Sephozero

Nov 28, 2019
Is there any possibility of giving us the ability to change a bot manager priorities? Ideally I would like it to send my bots to fight whenever possible since they are the least frequent events (2 times a week per class), send them to prostitution at night and to send them to collect scrap whenever they're no under repair. But at the moment when a bot that goes on a mission knows how to do something other than fight, it is no longer send to the UFC. I understand why the priorities are the way they are, but having a bot that knows how to do everything should let you do everything and not limit it to just prostitution.

Reactions: AlexnChaos

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
@ Squirrel24 - Awesome, to see SR24 have its own page now! Congrats!

Quick note, on the DSCS page, RE: Discord link, I tried using it, only to run into the same error that some others mentioned, where the join link errors out. Not sure if there's something on the server side, like maybe a limit on users / members, that's preventing folks from joining? Tried at least 5 times to date. I'd rather post small corrective stuff there, but I can't get access.

RE: Typos - glad to see that the "Ascendant" name was fixed. Including a few others that might be worth fixing, as of 0.7.2 code.

Missing Parts - all - description, just feels a little weird that these are the only "parts" that don't have standard sentence structure (caps, end punc.).

Vocoder - AudioTech c2 (SR24 part) - description, "human like" >> could probably use a dash, "human-like"
Vocoder - Melodia S (SR24 part) - description, "speach" >> "speech"

Powercore - Cogent 9 (SR24 part) - description, "wtih" >> "with"

Skin - ShieldTech C (SR24 part) - description, "strenth" >> "strength"

Ears - Acoustec X6 (SR24 part) - description, "Sound Sense" >> "SoundSense" (assuming brand name?)

Implants - Voluptuous (SR24 part) - description, "definately" >> "definitely"

Eyes - Irida-XR (Radnor part) - description, "preprogrammed" >> could probably use a dash, "pre-programmed"
Eyes - Oculus 2 / Occulus 7i (SR24 parts) - part name, thinking if brand name, should be either "Oculus" or "Occulus"?

If I find any other oddities, I'll put a quick update; hope it helps.

RE: Starter Difficulties - just a thought, it may be worth having a how-to guide or "tips & tricks" readme for new players. Took me a while to get used to the overall flow of the game; though figuring out some of its quirks was also part of the discovery fun for me. It's a grind though, if you don't manage to figure out to "game" the game a little.

I can put a more detailed post with some ideas if it sounds like it might be useful.
Thanks! Radnor transferred the Discord site to me and I don't know how to run it. I am already a member so I can't see the problem. Can you pm me screen shots? I want to fix whatever is wrong.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Is there any possibility of giving us the ability to change a bot manager priorities? Ideally I would like it to send my bots to fight whenever possible since they are the least frequent events (2 times a week per class), send them to prostitution at night and to send them to collect scrap whenever they're no under repair. But at the moment when a bot that goes on a mission knows how to do something other than fight, it is no longer send to the UFC. I understand why the priorities are the way they are, but having a bot that knows how to do everything should let you do everything and not limit it to just prostitution.
Thought about it but decided "bots aren't that smart" so if you want to eek out the absolute best you have to manage yourself. Also more complicated to code. ;) I may improve it some day but I have higher priorities. As I've said before, can't do everything. :(

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks! Radnor transferred the Discord site to me and I don't know how to run it. I am already a member so I can't see the problem. Can you pm me screen shots? I want to fix whatever is wrong.
Hey, Squirrel,

Sure. I think it's similar to what some others have reported previous - the link errors out for some reason.
Two screenshots below. First is when I initially log in to get the invite, and second shows after I hit the button.

1719756396539.png

1719756440066.png

I get a similar error if I try to directly join via the provided link in Discord.
No details on why, just that the invite can't be accepted.

20240630-discord-crop.png

If there's something specific I need to do different, let me know and I can try.

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Hey, Squirrel,

Sure. I think it's similar to what some others have reported previous - the link errors out for some reason.
Two screenshots below. First is when I initially log in to get the invite, and second shows after I hit the button.

View attachment 3784975

View attachment 3784990

I get a similar error if I try to directly join via the provided link in Discord.
No details on why, just that the invite can't be accepted.

View attachment 3785065

If there's something specific I need to do different, let me know and I can try.
Thanks for the info, I will try to fix it tomorrow.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Thanks for the info, I will try to fix it tomorrow.
Did a little research on my tablet (I'm not home today) and I see that other people have joined yesterday and today so it's not broken for everyone. I did a Google search on this topic and found the top 2 reasons for the problem you are having are: 1) an expired invitation but the invitation link everyone is given has expiration set to "never" so this is not the problem and 2) you have reached the limit of servers Discord allows each user to join which is 100. Count the number of servers you have joined, maybe this is your problem. If you pay for "Nitro" (whatever that is) they double the limit to 200 servers.

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
The mob missions, you seriously need to ease up on that shit. Can't find or buy some of the parts within a week. Can't even play the game as you're just scrambling for crap you can't find. You're too far in the game and save, it's just game over. Time 100% wasted.

Reactions: AlexnChaos

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
The mob missions, you seriously need to ease up on that shit. Can't find or buy some of the parts within a week. Can't even play the game as you're just scrambling for crap you can't find. You're too far in the game and save, it's just game over. Time 100% wasted.
Sorry you don’t like it. The quest has been around in the game over a year and there haven’t been many complaints. If you ever decide to give the game another try don’t pay off your debt as fast as possible. Build up your skills, train some bots to help run your shop, and build up some parts inventory before you rush to pay off the debt. There is no time limit to pay off the debt. If you decide not to play again that’s fine, hope you enjoy whatever you decide to play. Cheers!

Reactions: IceKream

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
Sorry you don’t like it. The quest has been around in the game over a year and there haven’t been many complaints. If you ever decide to give the game another try don’t pay off your debt as fast as possible. Build up your skills, train some bots to help run your shop, and build up some parts inventory before you rush to pay off the debt. There is no time limit to pay off the debt. If you decide not to play again that’s fine, hope you enjoy whatever you decide to play. Cheers!
I've played this since the first release. But I don't know if it's RNG or something else. Got spiked twice from scratch for not being able to find parts or bots the mob likes. Just add if your bots are combat B class they just beat the mobsters to death or something. I just wanna play and not get a hard game over because of bad math.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Sorry, others have asked about fighting instead of paying but that’s not where I’m ever going with SR24. Perhaps someone else will make that game, the source code is available in my signature if you or anyone else wants to take a stab at it.

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
I've played this since the first release. But I don't know if it's RNG or something else. Got spiked twice from scratch for not being able to find parts or bots the mob likes. Just add if your bots are combat B class they just beat the mobsters to death or something. I just wanna play and not get a hard game over because of bad math.
As Squirrel said the mob missions are pretty easy if you dont pay off the debt too fast. Instead use that money to buy storage and just hoard a lot of bots and parts. Alternativly you can buy the bots or parts you need easily with the new premium bot shop or the bot shop in district 13. Just have a shit ton of money ready. if you build up bots and train them well you can get easily 150k on net shop for the right bot.
Also you even get an extension once if you dont have the bot ready. But then again, that only really happens if you forget about building the bot at all.

Reactions: squirrel24

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
SexbotRestoration2124-0.7.3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020
Did a little research on my tablet (I'm not home today) and I see that other people have joined yesterday and today so it's not broken for everyone. I did a Google search on this topic and found the top 2 reasons for the problem you are having are: 1) an expired invitation but the invitation link everyone is given has expiration set to "never" so this is not the problem and 2) you have reached the limit of servers Discord allows each user to join which is 100. Count the number of servers you have joined, maybe this is your problem. If you pay for "Nitro" (whatever that is) they double the limit to 200 servers.
Hey, Squirrel,

Really not too sure on the Discord thing. I'm only connected to about 5 channels at the moment; I can try and look into this more later. Wondering if it's something in my settings that's being a problem; sounds like probably something on my end.

----

Also, wanted to mention, I did run into a bug when trying out 0.7.2 unmodded. I finally found me a Sigrid M2 in the scrapyard, first time ever! I built her up to be an everything bot (all skills), and am trying to run her as a shopkeep / master techie. When I assign her as a shopkeeper, however, she doesn't help with parts repairs, and she doesn't provide clerk services when I work that shift. Reloading the game didn't do anything.

She does work fine though, if I actually assign her the "techie" or "clerk" roles.

I took a look at the source code you provided for both 0.6.1 and 0.7.2, and I'm wondering if the changes to the roles table code might be causing this?

The following is from module 0010_dscs_base:

(0.6.1 / role.rpy / line 111)

init python:
def active_bots_with_role_tag(tag,ignore=None):
if not isinstance(ignore,(list,tuple)):
ignore=[ignore]
rv=[]
for bot in home.sexbots:
if bot and bot not in ignore and not bot.chassis.is_disabled and not bot["mission"]:
efficiency=bot.role_tag_efficiency(tag)
if efficiency>0:
rv.append([bot,efficiency])
return rv

(0.7.2 / role.rpy / line 111)

init python:
ignore=[ignore]
rv=[]
for bot in home.sexbots:
if bot and bot not in ignore and not bot.chassis.is_disabled and not bot["mission"]:
## 2 lines added in 0.7.1 to make function more robust
for role in bot.roles:
if role.id==tag:
if efficiency>0:
return rv

With the change to the way the role table is checked, thinking the program might be cutting out of the loop too early? The condition noted is checking to see if the role id matches the tags; with the shopkeeper, because it gets the extra techie and clerk functions via the extra tags, feels like the role id check may be causing this loss of function since the id itself won't match.

Let me know if this is the cause, or if it's something else bot-specific. Not far enough into this new playthrough to see if other bots have this problem too.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Hey, Squirrel,

Really not too sure on the Discord thing. I'm only connected to about 5 channels at the moment; I can try and look into this more later. Wondering if it's something in my settings that's being a problem; sounds like probably something on my end.

----

Also, wanted to mention, I did run into a bug when trying out 0.7.2 unmodded. I finally found me a Sigrid M2 in the scrapyard, first time ever! I built her up to be an everything bot (all skills), and am trying to run her as a shopkeep / master techie. When I assign her as a shopkeeper, however, she doesn't help with parts repairs, and she doesn't provide clerk services when I work that shift. Reloading the game didn't do anything.

She does work fine though, if I actually assign her the "techie" or "clerk" roles.

I took a look at the source code you provided for both 0.6.1 and 0.7.2, and I'm wondering if the changes to the roles table code might be causing this?

The following is from module 0010_dscs_base:

(0.6.1 / role.rpy / line 111)

init python:
ignore=[ignore]
rv=[]
for bot in home.sexbots:
if efficiency>0:
return rv

(0.7.2 / role.rpy / line 111)

init python:
ignore=[ignore]
rv=[]
for bot in home.sexbots:
## 2 lines added in 0.7.1 to make function more robust
for role in bot.roles:
if role.id==tag:
if efficiency>0:
return rv

With the change to the way the role table is checked, thinking the program might be cutting out of the loop too early? The condition noted is checking to see if the role id matches the tags; with the shopkeeper, because it gets the extra techie and clerk functions via the extra tags, feels like the role id check may be causing this loss of function since the id itself won't match.

Let me know if this is the cause, or if it's something else bot-specific. Not far enough into this new playthrough to see if other bots have this problem too.
You may be on to something. The change was made because bots were performing roles even after they were removed and I forced this to stop. I wasn’t thinking of the situation you described, might have been a mistake on my part. Will look into it. Cheers!

Update: You're absolutely right. I forgot that 'shopkeeper' included 'clerk' and 'techie' functions so when I removed the 'clerk' role and the bot kept doing it I thought it was a bug. I'm not sure I want to fix this though. Having one role perform three functions is a backhanded way to assign a bot more roles than their autonomy allows. Back when only 6 bots were allowed this was probably a good idea but with 20 bots allowed I don't think it's needed. The next version will not be out until around the end of July, I'll think about it some more before deciding if I fix this or not. Thanks for pointing it out either way!

Last edited:

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020
You may be on to something. The change was made because bots were performing roles even after they were removed and I forced this to stop. I wasn’t thinking of the situation you described, might have been a mistake on my part. Will look into it. Cheers!

Update: You're absolutely right. I forgot that 'shopkeeper' included 'clerk' and 'techie' functions so when I removed the 'clerk' role and the bot kept doing it I thought it was a bug. I'm not sure I want to fix this though. Having one role perform three functions is a backhanded way to assign a bot more roles than their autonomy allows. Back when only 6 bots were allowed this was probably a good idea but with 20 bots allowed I don't think it's needed. The next version will not be out until around the end of July, I'll think about it some more before deciding if I fix this or not. Thanks for pointing it out either way!
Got it. Thanks for the confirm. Just means I'll need more bots!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
tried a quick search on the Thread and didn't find a mention of this...
Not sure if its an oversight or an actual bug, but once a skill reaches S-Rank (MC) Bots seem to endlessly accumulate useless EXP in their own skills.
For example, I have 2 Clerks, that are also my Housekeepers, they all have S-Rank 100% on all their skills, however once I work in the Shop they get EXP for social, which causes their stability to drop so their Houseworker duty is affected and they won't generate additional APs.
It would be logically that they can't learn more once they reached 100% on the highest skill grade hencefor stay stable from doing such Jobs... maybe have the Job itself affect her stability to a certain degree if you actually want a consistent need to stabilize them.
Currently it's not really feasable or logical to me to work in the shop, the Bots could do it themselfes much better and with lesser stability loss.
The same stack overflow can be experienced with all stat increasing activities, including Bedroom Toys

Other than that... great game, the management part is actual fun even if it tends to be grindy at the start and middle part of the game.

My only other complain would be a lack to actually significantly train Social Skill on MC (even if I start with "B" in Social the Nightschool only let's me advance to "A" and haveing to prevent my MC from winning the Karaoke 3 times in order to gain around 1000 EXP Social once a week is not really fun).

Last edited:

Spokxx

Nov 9, 2018
Hey there.
Great game.
But i have question about selling bots.
Is there any difference selling bot with all top grade parts and not top grade?
Have one for with maxed parts and at grey market i have offer 100000 and 150000 from different buyers. That amount was exactly that same when this bot didnt have maxed parts.
And sorry for my english :)

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I thought the Mob bot requirement as given are just bare minimums? You can actually give them a Class C bot even if they're only asking for a Class D one. A bit of save scumming at the junk heap/flea market and never throwing or selling away anything above a Class E component and you should easily accumulate what you need. Besides there's also the NetConsole access to Ray's Online shop if you're really hard up for parts.
the source code is available in my signature if you or anyone else wants to take a stab at it.
If I had to make a suggestion it would be to revamp the Inventory interface. Organisation by shelves is just so clunky. I know the game can filter via part type or class and I think you should transition to these. Also you need a faster way to toggle between Capsules and Storage.
It would be logically that they can't learn more once they reached 100% on the highest skill grade hencefor stay stable from doing such Jobs... maybe have the Job itself affect her stability to a certain degree if you actually want a consistent need to stabilize them.
If constant loss of stability is the issue you can upgrade the Capsules with AI. Max upgrade is 125K per capsule on normal and keeps up fine with Class S bots with S class autonomy.
Have one for with maxed parts and at grey market i have offer 100000 and 150000 from different buyers. That amount was exactly that same when this bot didnt have maxed parts.
This is more an issue of the bot chassis being overspecced for the buyer requirements. Class B bots will go over 100K and Class A bots can clear the 150K/200K mark. At that point component quality will not matter. If you're working with Class D and Class C bots though, you will see the price variance caused by component quality.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
If constant loss of stability is the issue you can upgrade the Capsules with AI. Max upgrade is 125K per capsule on normal and keeps up fine with Class S bots with S class autonomy.
All my "asigned" Bots are in Max Upgraded Capsules, though they still loose Stability on a major Level if they learn with a crtitcal success dureing their asignment.
I experimented and restarted the game atleast twice now (not includeing the times I outright failed)... this is really only meant to adress the Dev with what I consider an inconsistency... atleast disable critical events if the Bot is at S-Rank 100%

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
tried a quick search on the Thread and didn't find a mention of this...
Not sure if its an oversight or an actual bug, but once a skill reaches S-Rank (MC) Bots seem to endlessly accumulate useless EXP in their own skills.
For example, I have 2 Clerks, that are also my Housekeepers, they all have S-Rank 100% on all their skills, however once I work in the Shop they get EXP for social, which causes their stability to drop so their Houseworker duty is affected and they won't generate additional APs.
Currently it's not really feasable or logical to me to work in the shop, the Bots could do it themselfes much better and with lesser stability loss.
The same stack overflow can be experienced with all stat increasing activities, including Bedroom Toys

Other than that... great game, the management part is actual fun even if it tends to be grindy at the start and middle part of the game.

My only other complain would be a lack to actually significantly train Social Skill on MC (even if I start with "B" in Social the Nightschool only let's me advance to "A" and haveing to prevent my MC from winning the Karaoke 3 times in order to gain around 1000 EXP Social once a week is not really fun).
You make good points however I'm not sure it's worth doing anything about it. As you said, doing things causes wear and tear no matter how good you are so the stability loss (and damage for some activities) won't go away. To be honest, going through and putting an "if" clause everywhere to suppress XP gains when a bot is 100% 'S' just to suppress the messages feels like "busy work" and I don't think I'll ever do it. You'll just have to ignore them and complain that the dev is lazy.

You're right that as you progress through the game your bots could run the shop and that's the direction I'm going. Consider this though: If you don't manage your shop and do everything yourself what will you do? Whatever it is (not telling yet!) it will morph the game and I expect some people will like it while others won't.

I understand your frustration with the MC and social skill but social skills come from being social and up to now the MC isn't very social. In the next release I'm adding a quest in that direction that was planned 2 or 3 releases ago but I got myself distracted adding more bots and then making it easier to manage them. The night school was designed to get you to 'B'. Karaoke pushes it a little more but (spoiler alert) it's really just the teacher trying to get the geeky MC out of his shell. The game isn't done, there isn't anything in it yet that would make you a social genius so it should be impossible to reach 'S' at this point. Even reaching 'A' with the activities available at this point is a stretch.

One more thing, you said "even if I start with 'B' in social...". You can't complain about the dev being lazy if you aren't willing to play in 'hardcore' mode where you can't start at 'B' in anything. :)

I have to stop here and work on the game instead of talking about it! :censored:

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes