Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.7.3] [squirrel24]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Hey there.
Great game.
But i have question about selling bots.
Is there any difference selling bot with all top grade parts and not top grade?
Have one for with maxed parts and at grey market i have offer 100000 and 150000 from different buyers. That amount was exactly that same when this bot didnt have maxed parts.
And sorry for my english :)
Parts matter when selling bots on the net but buyers on the net aren't rich and their offers are capped at what they can afford. You get more money for low rated bots by putting quality parts on them. Once a bot reaches the cap price additional high quality parts have no effect.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I thought the Mob bot requirement as given are just bare minimums? You can actually give them a Class C bot even if they're only asking for a Class D one. A bit of save scumming at the junk heap/flea market and never throwing or selling away anything above a Class E component and you should easily accumulate what you need. Besides there's also the NetConsole access to Ray's Online shop if you're really hard up for parts.

If I had to make a suggestion it would be to revamp the Inventory interface. Organisation by shelves is just so clunky. I know the game can filter via part type or class and I think you should transition to these. Also you need a faster way to toggle between Capsules and Storage.

If constant loss of stability is the issue you can upgrade the Capsules with AI. Max upgrade is 125K per capsule on normal and keeps up fine with Class S bots with S class autonomy.

This is more an issue of the bot chassis being overspecced for the buyer requirements. Class B bots will go over 100K and Class A bots can clear the 150K/200K mark. At that point component quality will not matter. If you're working with Class D and Class C bots though, you will see the price variance caused by component quality.
Great stuff, thanks for posting!

I agree that the inventory is clumsy but there are lots of things that are more important for me. Sorry but this isn't going to change. Here's my excuse: You never finished high school and you're running the entire shop by yourself. Of course you don't have a good inventory system!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
All my "asigned" Bots are in Max Upgraded Capsules, though they still loose Stability on a major Level if they learn with a crtitcal success dureing their asignment.
I experimented and restarted the game atleast twice now (not includeing the times I outright failed)... this is really only meant to adress the Dev with what I consider an inconsistency... atleast disable critical events if the Bot is at S-Rank 100%
I can see by your post count you've played a lot of games! I can't argue with your points but I'll provide this excuse.

This is a game, lots of games have dice. Sometime you roll snake eyes and sometimes you roll box cars. In games and in life luck is a factor and nothing is entirely under your control. Roll with the punches, how hard is it to fix a bot once in a while.

Maybe an asshole customer screamed at your Clerk bot making demands the bot couldn't meet and it got the robot's brain a little scrambled.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You make good points however I'm not sure it's worth doing anything about it. As you said, doing things causes wear and tear no matter how good you are so the stability loss (and damage for some activities) won't go away. To be honest, going through and putting an "if" clause everywhere to suppress XP gains when a bot is 100% 'S' just to suppress the messages feels like "busy work" and I don't think I'll ever do it. You'll just have to ignore them and complain that the dev is lazy.
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the states based on a set ammount of exp?
like 1.000.000 EXP is Level S for example, so let's say 1.500.000 is the value for S +100%... than the easiest solution was to limit the max exp to that value, so even if girls gain more exp it won't be recognized, currently it seems like there is no liit on the pot, so any excess spills over.
Also my main issue is that a Bot can go from stable to unstable with a single action, which will lead to negative results in potentially followup jobs you asgined them to... while training this helps to raise traits for sure, but on the other hand once they have a trait on ++ 100% it's becomeing a problem.
Maybe consider that, evaluate the Job results with the state the bot is when you change turn instead at what state she is in after doing the previous Job... that way such drastic changes in stability would still be managable by the Player in the next turn, failing this would atleast justify this by "Player didn't fix them when they had the chance", instead of random (bad) luck
I understand your frustration with the MC and social skill but social skills come from being social and up to now the MC isn't very social. In the next release I'm adding a quest in that direction that was planned 2 or 3 releases ago but I got myself distracted adding more bots and then making it easier to manage them. The night school was designed to get you to 'B'. Karaoke pushes it a little more but (spoiler alert) it's really just the teacher trying to get the geeky MC out of his shell. The game isn't done, there isn't anything in it yet that would make you a social genius so it should be impossible to reach 'S' at this point. Even reaching 'A' with the activities available at this point is a stretch.
Based on your explanation MC should gain exp by training same as with sex and combat though.
I get your point, but given that training your Bots requires the MC to atleast be Level A so the Bot can go to Level S makes this a rather unstisfying answer... one of the offtopic posts talks about a dateing App... maybe that would be a good vantage point to take too.
I can see by your post count you've played a lot of games! I can't argue with your points but I'll provide this excuse.

This is a game, lots of games have dice. Sometime you roll snake eyes and sometimes you roll box cars. In games and in life luck is a factor and nothing is entirely under your control. Roll with the punches, how hard is it to fix a bot once in a while.

Maybe an asshole customer screamed at your Clerk bot making demands the bot couldn't meet and it got the robot's brain a little scrambled.
Pure RNG is something that most people hate though, sure RNG can be a mayor part but normally skills and maybe support Items/technology can help to push the dice in your favor in most games.
And like I meantioned above, just because a customer screamed at the Bot dureing her shift she shouldn't fail cleaning up the store (Housekeeper) while serving customers, potentially even before being screamed at.

Don't get me wrong I get your motivation on this, so I hope I can atleast spark some ideas in you to adress such things in the future.

Reactions: AlexnChaos

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the states based on a set ammount of exp?
like 1.000.000 EXP is Level S for example, so let's say 1.500.000 is the value for S +100%... than the easiest solution was to limit the max exp to that value, so even if girls gain more exp it won't be recognized, currently it seems like there is no liit on the pot, so any excess spills over.
Also my main issue is that a Bot can go from stable to unstable with a single action, which will lead to negative results in potentially followup jobs you asgined them to... while training this helps to raise traits for sure, but on the other hand once they have a trait on ++ 100% it's becomeing a problem.
Maybe consider that, evaluate the Job results with the state the bot is when you change turn instead at what state she is in after doing the previous Job... that way such drastic changes in stability would still be managable by the Player in the next turn, failing this would atleast justify this by "Player didn't fix them when they had the chance", instead of random (bad) luck

Based on your explanation MC should gain exp by training same as with sex and combat though.
I get your point, but given that training your Bots requires the MC to atleast be Level A so the Bot can go to Level S makes this a rather unstisfying answer... one of the offtopic posts talks about a dateing App... maybe that would be a good vantage point to take too.

Pure RNG is something that most people hate though, sure RNG can be a mayor part but normally skills and maybe support Items/technology can help to push the dice in your favor in most games.
And like I meantioned above, just because a customer screamed at the Bot dureing her shift she shouldn't fail cleaning up the store (Housekeeper) while serving customers, potentially even before being screamed at.

Don't get me wrong I get your motivation on this, so I hope I can atleast spark some ideas in you to adress such things in the future.
You make good points and I appreciate your ideas. I haven't built many bots up to all S level skills so I don't feel your pain. I play the game as more "bot building" than "bot owning/collecting". I will take exception to your scenario though. I don't know about you but if I get screamed at it affects my behavior in lots of ways and I suspect this happens to you too. Neither of us know what happens to a sexbot that gets screamed at. Your assumptions and my assumptions will always be different! :)

I'm glad you see it as 'sparking ideas for the future though. I have plans for the MC to gain social skill and a reputation as well (reputations aren't used yet). Unfortunately I've been responding to suggestions and putting them off for the last 2-3 releases. Sadly, I can't do both at the same time. For the next couple of releases I will be working on the SR24 story and not responding to suggestions. I'm not saying "never", just "not now".

Cheers!

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Jaga Telesin

Apr 19, 2023
Parts matter when selling bots on the net but buyers on the net aren't rich and their offers are capped at what they can afford. You get more money for low rated bots by putting quality parts on them. Once a bot reaches the cap price additional high quality parts have no effect.
I would suggest putting new, low-frequency, buy offers from large Corporations that have a much higher limit. It's no fun to build good bots only to have them end up costing more than they bring in. Perhaps even the "no limit" buy event out there from mega-corps.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Can you fix the RNG on the Flea Market? I don't ever get Class D eyes and ears out of it but get Class C vocoders.
You're making an assumption that it's a random part number problem but it's actually a problem with part tags. I won't drop everything to do this but as part of the next release I'll review the part tags and make some changes. Obviously the flea market is missing a few low rated parts as you noticed but it probably has a few mid range parts that might end up being 'no longer available' so this will probably be a 'double edged sword' situation. As you may have heard, "be careful what you wish for". ;)

FYI:

In order of increasing value, parts can be tagged as 'cheap', 'nice', 'good' and 'luxury'. I say "and" instead of "or" because a part can be labeled with more than one tag. Strangely, you can make a part that is both "cheap" and "luxury" if you want.

When Radnor created the 'Irida-XR' class 'D' eyes he tagged them a 'nice' part. When I created the 'Acoustic 2' class 'D' ears I used Radnor's tag values for eyes as a template so they are also tagged as a 'nice' part. The 'flea market' only sells 'cheap' parts and that's why you never find either of them there. When I created the 'AudioTech g3' class 'C' vocoder I tagged it as 'cheap', 'nice', and 'good' so since it has a 'cheap' tag it's available at the flea market. The reasoning is that on one hand it's a 'good' part because it is 'C' rated. On the other hand it's 'cheap' because vocoders are less expensive than most other parts. I could go on and on about why tags are what they are but I think I'll stop. :)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I would suggest putting new, low-frequency, buy offers from large Corporations that have a much higher limit. It's no fun to build good bots only to have them end up costing more than they bring in. Perhaps even the "no limit" buy event out there from mega-corps.
There will be a way to sell bots for more money but not until later in the game. Why would high rollers buy expensive bots from a kid running a cheap shop in a bad neighborhood? You need to build up a reputation before high rollers will consider you and the reputation stuff is all work TBD, reputations have no effect on the game yet.

I will never give you the opportunity to get rich quick in the early game. You can get free parts at the dump and cheap parts at the flea market so you can make money on the existing offers. Also, repairing parts is a good way to increase mechanics, electronics, and computer skills. The online parts store is intended to provide a key part if your luck at the dump and flea market isn't getting you the part you need, don't use the store to build your bots. Even a kid who didn't graduate from high school knows that "buy high and sell low" is a bad idea! :)

Reactions: 1001010111110111

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
The largest limit I've seen is 200K. Just a few such sales will easily clear the debt burden you're saddled with in the early game.

Reactions: squirrel24

AlexnChaos

Jul 5, 2017
Well, overall the games fun, I will admit I dislike that you can't white list/black list bots for jobs via the manager, getting your Master Tech sent out to whore when your going to want her fixing shit is kinda a pain in the ass, Suddenly Mobsters is also cancer doubly so since there is apparently nothing you can do about them even with a stable of 6 S rank combat bots lol, so yeah, not a fan at all.

Jaga Telesin

Apr 19, 2023
The largest limit I've seen is 200K. Just a few such sales will easily clear the debt burden you're saddled with in the early game.
At some point during my last playthrough, I simply stopped using the BBS entirely - it just wasn't worth the effort/gain. I sold all bots built after that to the bar/stripjoint instead.

It seems a bit inane that you could build a bot worth >1 million, and absolutely no one would be interested in buying it. Squirrel of course said (in a rather elongated reply to my comment) that it was "planned based on rep", which is fine and all. I'll probably re-visit the game in a couple of years to see where it stands... my last playthrough was cut short by a bug that corrupted the game data entirely (no fault of Squirrel's).

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Though the task in Question requires the bot to have quite the high skills Level, which you simply can't provide with your MCs starting skills, you'd also have to scavange a large ammount of A or B tier Bots in order to have the necessary Parts to fix atleast 3 A tier bots and sell them

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Though the task in Question requires the bot to have quite the high skills Level, which you simply can't provide with your MCs starting skills, you'd also have to scavange a large ammount of A or B tier Bots in order to have the necessary Parts to fix atleast 3 A tier bots and sell them
Errr.. If selling A tier bots on the BBS for the birthday gift, bodyguard or assistant requirement, parts won't matter. The bot is practically guaranteed to fetch the maximum price.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Yes, the first few bots you sell won't hit the cap. You'll gain skill doing it and eventually you will find better bots and parts. The 'Framed!' quest is not very demanding, stick with 'interest only' payments for a while. As others have said, this is a management game and it requires patience and some 'grind'. There are lots of games you can play, I'm not offended if you decide this one is not for you. Cheers!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Errr.. If selling A tier bots on the BBS for the birthday gift, bodyguard or assistant requirement, parts won't matter. The bot is practically guaranteed to fetch the maximum price.
You dtill need to meet minimum requirements you couldn't possibly achieve in the first 2 hours of gameplay though.
Yes, the first few bots you sell won't hit the cap. You'll gain skill doing it and eventually you will find better bots and parts. The 'Framed!' quest is not very demanding, stick with 'interest only' payments for a while. As others have said, this is a management game and it requires patience and some 'grind'. There are lots of games you can play, I'm not offended if you decide this one is not for you. Cheers!
I found it much easier to pay large parts of the debt by buying and reselling B tier parts on BBS and Work in the shop.
much more consistent and you can easily repay 30-40K a week that way.
I only keep giving the Minimum payment when I am takeing a detour to training a Bot for Assistance and once the debt is 100 Credits +1 in Interest in order to buy more home capsules and ammass some Bots for the Thugs mobs

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Well, overall the games fun, I will admit I dislike that you can't white list/black list bots for jobs via the manager, getting your Master Tech sent out to whore when your going to want her fixing shit is kinda a pain in the ass, Suddenly Mobsters is also cancer doubly so since there is apparently nothing you can do about them even with a stable of 6 S rank combat bots lol, so yeah, not a fan at all.
I don't understand your comment about black list/white list. For bots to be sent on missions by 'bot managers' you must have changed their 'Manage' setting from "off" to "on". The default is 'off' and 'bot managers' do not send bots on missions unless you turn it "on". I always leave 'Manage' turned 'off' for my 'Master Techie' bots and I keep a couple of 'Housekeeper' bots 'off' as well. I want them to fix other bots and give me more AP each turn. What am I missing here?

A lot of people want to use their combat bots to fight the mob or anything else that they dislike. If fighting your way out of situations is important to you then you will never like this game. There are lots of games with fighting and combat in them, I'm sure you can find something else you like. I'm not offended if you uninstall the game and move on. Cheers!

Reactions: 1001010111110111

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
A lot of people want to use their combat bots to fight the mob or anything else that they dislike. If fighting your way out of situations is important to you then you will never like this game. There are lots of games with fighting and combat in them, I'm sure you can find something else you like. I'm not offended if you uninstall the game and move on. Cheers!
I'd say it's more along the line of how those Mobsters as 2 people can intimidate the MC when he has several Combat bots in his shop and "Active".
Normally You'd suspect the Mobsters to be to intimidated to approach such a well guarded shop.
Depending on how long you wait to pay the debt it's entirely possible to have more guard bots than even the night school

Reactions: AlexnChaos

AlexnChaos

Jul 5, 2017
I don't understand your comment about black list/white list. For bots to be sent on missions by 'bot managers' you must have changed their 'Manage' setting from "off" to "on". The default is 'off' and 'bot managers' do not send bots on missions unless you turn it "on". I always leave 'Manage' turned 'off' for my 'Master Techie' bots and I keep a couple of 'Housekeeper' bots 'off' as well. I want them to fix other bots and give me more AP each turn. What am I missing here?

What I mean, is, say I have three Bots, all trained in every skill, with a manager sending them off to do missions, I'd like to be able to set it so for example, Bot A only does Scav Missions, or Buy Parts, while B does Whoring and C gets sent on Combat Missions, this shouldn't be particularly high on automation as frankly it's an if/then situation or a switch, but it would mean I don't have to only train my Combat Bot in Combat and nothing else if I want it not to get Whored out before a fight and need to be fixed or my Master Tech not fixing anyone because she's at 99% Int because she got sent to turn tricks last night and thus won't do her role actions

Does that make sense?

Edit: and on the Mobster front, it's simply the fact that they give me picky bot orders that I could easily get 1-2 hundred K for on the BBS every week with no way to deal with them, if it was like the debt and there was a way to deal with the situation, that would be one that, as it is, it's more like punishment for playing the game and paying off your debt rather than anything actually interesting

Edit2: The Debt on the other hand is fun, it's something I can interact with and make progress towards without it being smothering

Reactions: chby
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes