Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.1] [squirrel24]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
huh. Honestly I never noticed. Guess I've just been selling to lower end buyers.
All offers to buy bots from you are capped. Rich people don't buy from unknown dealers on shady web sites. Robosechs will not pay top dollar, and flea market vendors are not rich. To reach the cap higher rated bots don't need to be highly trained. Lower rated bots that are highly trained might reach the cap but if they are not highly trained they will sell for much less.

Some day (future version) you may make connections with people who are willing to spend more money for the right bot.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018
I’m sorry if I misunderstood but AkiranGaming’s reply is what I would say. Bots activities all cause destabilization. Shopkeepers and clerks deal with cranky and obnoxious customers for example. In this game any time the bot learns it will lose stability, there is never one without the other.
So what's the point of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to upgrade capsule AI if it can't even maintain bots that are maxed when you put them in there? I know you are pretty set on this but this one specific instance isn't too much to ask I don't think. It's ultimately your call though.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
So what's the point of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to upgrade capsule AI if it can't even maintain bots that are maxed when you put them in there? I know you are pretty set on this but this one specific instance isn't too much to ask I don't think. It's ultimately your call though.
I'm surprised at how much this bothers you. When I created the capsule upgrades I played the game a fair amount to set the levels. Levels 1 through 3 don't keep up and that's intentional. If you think they are a waste of time then I invite you to play a while without them and then decide if they are a waste of time. They help but not enough to allow you to ignore the bots in them. On level 4 I have no trouble keeping a portfolio of 18 bots stable using capsules and repaired using master techies with the MC pretty much ignoring them provided you allow the master techie and housekeeper bots to stay home all the time to do their jobs. I'll admit I have an edge because I know how the game works but figuring out how to run the shop effectively is what the game is about. I am absolutely certain you can play the current game in hardcore mode with a stable of bots that you can "set and forget" who will give you a positive cash flow week after week. I've had an active game doing just that for many, many weeks of game time. At first I spelled out exactly how to do this here in this message but then decided that the spoiler would be wrong for people who enjoy figuring things out so I deleted it. For what it's worth, I use the last 2 capsules for the MC to tinker with new bots either to sell them or to replace bots I'm tired of.

I should add that I play the game 'vanilla' (with no mods). Adding mods will make the game easier or more difficult. I cannot test and control everyone's unique set of mods so I don't try. If you play the game with mods please remember that you're not playing the game that I'm making. Please don't read into this that I'm against mods. I am not against mods, after all that's how I got started. I just want people to understand that I make no attempt to balance the game when you are using mods. The only game that I try to keep balanced is 'vanilla'.

Last edited:

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022
Just sharing my opinion here, having played through original dscs and now SR quite a few times. The capsule upgrades are new and supplementary as mentioned above. One thing you should test out is how stability changes with rank of CPU and find yourself a sweet spot. For instance if you have a bot with S in everything you care about, a lower grade CPU will means less XP per action and mean slower stability loss. Whereas S rank cpu, they learning like a toddler on Adderall but crashing shortly after.. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be :p

alex666p

Jun 29, 2017
Nice game.
I refurbished some bots from old game packs and made some myself. Big thanks for Daedalron, Eekhoorn123 and YuriShikane for their packs I used as foundation. A lot of videos were swapped or compressed. No additional mods needed - just this game.
For people who prefer to add few bots I made small packs. Here they are:
1. Sci-fi pack 1: AX-400, 2b, Panam, Judy

2. Overwatch pack 1: DVA, Mercy, Tracer.

3. Fantasy 1: Ciri, Morrigan.

4. Action 1: Lara, Quiet.

PS. All packs double ingame bots so I recomend to swap assets of Vanilla bots with this ones so you get more spicy content but without bloted pile of bots affecting gameplay.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
That´s why I said this isn't recommendable in the beginning, I play in either Hard or Hardcore and a little mistake can have you losing your Sex Bot in a mission and it takes forever to gain experience. ( I can easily imagine someone going crazy getting them all the traits to their bots and messing their run, or making it a lot harder... I know it happened to me at least twice)

I do more or less the same as you once I have the traits I like I causally get the bot to Stable ASAP, but in H and HC it takes a lot longer to do so while you still need to gain money for the debt collectors and you get bad events happening to you all the time.

So yes I do agree with you, but I´m a little biased since I done even remember the last time I played this in easy or normal, so you need to be a lot more careful at H and HC.
I've started out over quite a few times playing on HC, as I went in blind. First time I couldn't get it to work at all, since I thought you were supposed to focus on working to make money. I couldn't keep up with the debt that way and my duded got depressed. Then I learned to use the gray market. It messed me up in the beginning not knowing A and S rank parts aren't accepted there for buy requests.

I've gotten quite good at the start and managing the debt. What you do is you buy a storage as soon as possible. Go to the junk yard and farm bots there. Dismantle those you don't want to use for the good parts and use the parts for the buy requests and later for parts to bot requests. It'll put you leaps and bounds ahead of the early game. Provided the RNG doesn't completely fuck you over. It's okay to save scum.

Reactions: squirrel24

alex666p

Jun 29, 2017
to
squirrel24
I wonder if it will be difficult to make whoring images customisable. Say I add new bot or swap vanilla pics with modded videos and will get folder to drop whoring pics\videos with same bot to avoid breaking immersion. Is it very difficult or time consuming?
PS. And can you please add grey market just in NetConsole first screen - pushing 3 butons to get there is tedious after few ingame days.

Reactions: Hajtand

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
to
squirrel24
I wonder if it will be difficult to make whoring images customisable. Say I add new bot or swap vanilla pics with modded videos and will get folder to drop whoring pics\videos with same bot to avoid breaking immersion. Is it very difficult or time consuming?
PS. And can you please add grey market just in NetConsole first screen - pushing 3 butons to get there is tedious after few ingame days.
Good question and suggestion, thanks!

Custom pictures: The DSCS game uses custom pictures for sex training and the private room at Robosechs and the same code is in SR24 but I've never looked at it. I will look at this to see how long it would take me to learn how it works and use it in a different location in the game but I make no promises. Even if this is not difficult it will be time consuming and there are many things I have planned that I would have to postpone.

Grey Market: You make a good point. I believe the Netconsole was intended to be used for more things in DSCS but when the game was abandoned many of the buttons had not been used yet. I will add "simplify the Netconsole" to my to do list but I'm not sure when I will get to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Good question and suggestion, thanks!

Custom pictures: The DSCS game uses custom pictures for sex training and the private room at Robosechs and the same code is in SR24 but I've never looked at it. I will look at this to see how long it would take me to learn how it works and use it in a different location in the game but I make no promises. Even if this is not difficult it will be time consuming and there are many things I have planned that I would have to postponed.

Grey Market: You make a good point. I believe the Netconsole was intended to be used for more things in DSCS but when the game was abandoned many of the buttons had not been used yet. I will add "simplify the Netconsole" to my to do list but I'm not sure when I will get to it.
First of all thank you very much for working on this awesome game. You are awesome.
Speaking of pictures. I'm not that far into the game yet, however, the picture of Techie v2 is a tad odd.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's more focused on the male in the picture. The female in the picture is lying down on the table blending in with the orange/salmon pink colored bricks in the background. Unless the bald dude whos face we can't see with no breasts barely having a butt dressed in masculine clothes like a in the picture is meant to be the female? You don't have to give every bot giant tits should that be the case. You can even have a bald bot chick with small breasts and a tiny buttocks, but at least let us see the face. So we can better see it's a female. Sure maybe the bot likes to dress a little m/f. Give her something "cute" showing her femine side.

Examples of steampunk'ish women:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Just sharing my opinion here, having played through original dscs and now SR quite a few times. The capsule upgrades are new and supplementary as mentioned above. One thing you should test out is how stability changes with rank of CPU and find yourself a sweet spot. For instance if you have a bot with S in everything you care about, a lower grade CPU will means less XP per action and mean slower stability loss. Whereas S rank cpu, they learning like a toddler on Adderall but crashing shortly after.. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be :p
The first pod upgrade is really important. They might get much stronger on the later levels, but the first level helps out a lot in the start.
I change their CPU's. The one currently in training gets the Centric XT. They don't really need an XP boost after training and they get up to an Atlas i5 or what is lower in the inventory afterwards. What XP the bots get on the job is not that important. Compared to the pain in the ass and action cost it is to stabilize 6-18 bots all the time. The spare Centrix XT's and NeuroTech v7's are placed in bots for sale.

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes