Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.1] [squirrel24]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Sappog08

Dec 1, 2020
There should be a message at the top of the screen about the bot manager when you click on 'Sleep'. What does it say?
It says (Bot name) scheduled missions for your bots that allow management

Oh and I also add one more bot manager and it seems to work to increase the frequency of missions, but still some eligible bots aren't getting any missions.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
Have you updated to 0.8.1? It fixes a bug in starting the good neighbor quest. You must complete night school but 0.8.0 did not tell you this. Sorry, you don't have to do anything except return home provided you have completed night school. In 0.8.1 the message tells you to complete night school if you haven't done so.
How do I start Night School?

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
How do I start Night School?
Use the 'Work' button at home until you see a message saying you wonder if there's a school. You may have to do this a few times. After you see the message play until Sunday and someone will visit the shop. Follow instructions from there. Usually people do this within the first few turns of the game, I'm surprised you haven't used the 'Work' button and seen this.

Reactions: MrHatIsHere

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
It says (Bot name) scheduled missions for your bots that allow management

Oh and I also add one more bot manager and it seems to work to increase the frequency of missions, but still some eligible bots aren't getting any missions.
OK so the manager is working. Are you sending bots on missions manually too? Perhaps they are busy doing these missions. Bots cannot do two things at the same time. Look at the bot's information on the right side, it will tell you if a bot is on a mission.

Are you using a mod from Dexell called better bot manager?

Sep 3, 2018
I don't know where you or anyone else get the idea that one of the purposes of roles is so you can "set it and forget it". I had no intention of making the bot manager role so you can "set it and forget it". I've been a manager in real life and when I delegated tasks I didn't "set it and forget it", I kept track of what's going on and made changes as needed. Also, as I explained before, I don't consider these missions to be "passive". You took all the actions that made them happen: you assigned a manager and you instructed the bot to follow the manager's instructions. If you don't like the outcome you shouldn't have made these assignments. Then you say you're not asking for this to be applied to missions. These are missions, why do you think they should be different just because you didn't click the button? The intention of the bot manager role was to allow you to send bots on missions without clicking every time and to make it so you didn't have to remember which night each bot fight class happens. It was not intended to change anything about the missions themselves including the potential negative consequences of sending bots on them. Nothing I put into this game will ever be intended to allow you to "set it and forget it". I'm sorry if you or anyone else doesn't like this.
You seem to misunderstand me. I'm not talking about missions at all, neither ones you assign or ones assigned by bot managers. I'm referring only to the roles such as housekeeper, techie, shopkeeper, bedroom toy, etc --things that they do without leaving the shop and are entirely routine.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
You seem to misunderstand me. I'm not talking about missions at all, neither ones you assign or ones assigned by bot managers. I'm referring only to the roles such as housekeeper, techie, shopkeeper, bedroom toy, etc --things that they do without leaving the shop and are entirely routine.
It has been brought up before about the roles and the idea that what they are doing is routine, which isn't actually true. The roles are still complicated tasks that require the bots to do a lot of different things and the loss of some stability or wear and tear is consider normal, even if they are not being physically attacked.

Sappog08

Dec 1, 2020
OK so the manager is working. Are you sending bots on missions manually too? Perhaps they are busy doing these missions. Bots cannot do two things at the same time. Look at the bot's information on the right side, it will tell you if a bot is on a mission.

Are you using a mod from Dexell called better bot manager?
No, I leave them for the manager to handle. So after I add the second manager things have gone better, at least one bot is sent on mission at night, but not every eligible bots are sent. About the mod I didn't use the mod, I'll see if I can install it later on Android.

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020
@ Darth_Meow_504 - Some suggestions, if you're running into de-stab issues.

Maybe try reducing the quality of the parts on your bots, especially if they are trained up all the way? Most of the de-stabilization that occurs to bots in the game happens as a result of gaining large blocks of XP - and a lot of the roles can cause some large experience spikes, especially if the bot is decked out in A/S grade parts. Remember, parts primarily affect the XP gain multiplier, and higher tier parts typically adjust this upwards. I've seen my super-home bots get 2k+ XP just repairing bots (master techie), or sometimes from the bedroom toy role too. If they're working jobs that can stack on the same time slot (e.g., shopkeep/clerk and master techie), they can gain XP twice; and this can quickly push a bot out of stable range. If the first gain de-stabs, the second role may fizzle.

Getting the actual XP numbers down is the best way to reduce de-stab. If you need to keep a Centric XT on to try and get S autonomy (do note, the Centric XT is an all-around 2.5X XP multi), you can swap other parts down some if it helps. Arms and eyes are usually good boosters for techies; ears for social; powercores, arms/legs for combat; and powercores / privates for sex. Once a bot has S autonomy, I think you can swap the CPU down, since it shouldn't lose that parameter once achieved. If you need to, parts below C tier often help drop the XP multi below 1.0, if that helps. I don't think bots at home, not out on missions or training, are at risk of damage from everyday tasks.

If you need housekeepers for extra AP, try and keep the roles on bots that don't de-stab as quickly. Spreading out the tasks tends to help me some (e.g., diff bots for housekeep / shopkeep / techies, etc.). You only need 5 stable housekeepers (and maybe 1-2 contingency in case) to get the 5 extra AP.

Another idea that usually helps me - try and make your at-home bots all the same model, to boost the player XP gain on that bot type. If you run 5 different types of home bots, that's 5 different pools the player's familizarization XP goes into. Having that all go into the same pot, makes manual re-stab much more efficient, especially if the fam for your key bots gets up to D or higher. High computer skill helps here too.

Another idea for the bin here - one thing I've resorted to doing in vanilla SR24, for at-home task bots using the good parts, is to use a small army of (D) AGRX-10 bots. They're low tier, and cheap; but are incredibly stable. Value not as critical if you don't intend to sell them. Small code spoiler here (can check in the base game mods folder, in the bot data files), but at least as of 0.8.0, the AGRX-10 has the lowest de-stabilizing multiplier of any bot, at 0.5. The higher this number is, the faster they de-stabilize as they gain XP. Other candidates for consideration include the (C) Techie v2 and (S) ER-m2 Sigrid, which have a de-stabilizing multi of 0.8; and I just checked, the new (S) Brutus III has a de-stab multi of 0.65. Be mindful of other bots, as many have higher values (much as I love the (A) ER-m3 Camilla, it's among the highest at 1.2).

With mods, you probably have other options, some of which may be better in this regard. As an example, I think Daedalron's base bot package has some that are comparable or better (I think at least one has a 0.40?), and are higher tier to boot.

Unfortunately, from what I can see, the chassis de-stab multi looks to be a fixed thing per bot type, and can't be adjusted dynamically in game with parts, etc.

There's the capsule upgrades too; but at least by vanilla figures, they're expensive upgrades. I usually get at least Lv2 per pod; but might not go higher until I'm raking more cash.

Hope this helps some.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
@ Darth_Meow_504 - Some suggestions, if you're running into de-stab issues.

Maybe try reducing the quality of the parts on your bots, especially if they are trained up all the way? Most of the de-stabilization that occurs to bots in the game happens as a result of gaining large blocks of XP - and a lot of the roles can cause some large experience spikes, especially if the bot is decked out in A/S grade parts. Remember, parts primarily affect the XP gain multiplier, and higher tier parts typically adjust this upwards. I've seen my super-home bots get 2k+ XP just repairing bots (master techie), or sometimes from the bedroom toy role too. If they're working jobs that can stack on the same time slot (e.g., shopkeep/clerk and master techie), they can gain XP twice; and this can quickly push a bot out of stable range. If the first gain de-stabs, the second role may fizzle.

Getting the actual XP numbers down is the best way to reduce de-stab. If you need to keep a Centric XT on to try and get S autonomy (do note, the Centric XT is an all-around 2.5X XP multi), you can swap other parts down some if it helps. Arms and eyes are usually good boosters for techies; ears for social; powercores, arms/legs for combat; and powercores / privates for sex. Once a bot has S autonomy, I think you can swap the CPU down, since it shouldn't lose that parameter once achieved. If you need to, parts below C tier often help drop the XP multi below 1.0, if that helps. I don't think bots at home, not out on missions or training, are at risk of damage from everyday tasks.

If you need housekeepers for extra AP, try and keep the roles on bots that don't de-stab as quickly. Spreading out the tasks tends to help me some (e.g., diff bots for housekeep / shopkeep / techies, etc.). You only need 5 stable housekeepers (and maybe 1-2 contingency in case) to get the 5 extra AP.

Another idea that usually helps me - try and make your at-home bots all the same model, to boost the player XP gain on that bot type. If you run 5 different types of home bots, that's 5 different pools the player's familizarization XP goes into. Having that all go into the same pot, makes manual re-stab much more efficient, especially if the fam for your key bots gets up to D or higher. High computer skill helps here too.

Another idea for the bin here - one thing I've resorted to doing in vanilla SR24, for at-home task bots using the good parts, is to use a small army of (D) AGRX-10 bots. They're low tier, and cheap; but are incredibly stable. Value not as critical if you don't intend to sell them. Small code spoiler here (can check in the base game mods folder, in the bot data files), but at least as of 0.8.0, the AGRX-10 has the lowest de-stabilizing multiplier of any bot, at 0.5. The higher this number is, the faster they de-stabilize as they gain XP. Other candidates for consideration include the (C) Techie v2 and (S) ER-m2 Sigrid, which have a de-stabilizing multi of 0.8; and I just checked, the new (S) Brutus III has a de-stab multi of 0.65. Be mindful of other bots, as many have higher values (much as I love the (A) ER-m3 Camilla, it's among the highest at 1.2).

With mods, you probably have other options, some of which may be better in this regard. As an example, I think Daedalron's base bot package has some that are comparable or better (I think at least one has a 0.40?), and are higher tier to boot.

Unfortunately, from what I can see, the chassis de-stab multi looks to be a fixed thing per bot type, and can't be adjusted dynamically in game with parts, etc.

There's the capsule upgrades too; but at least by vanilla figures, they're expensive upgrades. I usually get at least Lv2 per pod; but might not go higher until I'm raking more cash.

Hope this helps some.
A lot of interesting information. I guess it depends what the player wants, because I'd be happy getting the extra XP at the cost of needing to stabilize the bots every few days.

Capsule lvl upgrades? I think I missed that option. I have multiple capsules, but don't think I saw anything about increasing the level of the existing ones. What does it do and how do I do it?

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
A lot of interesting information. I guess it depends what the player wants, because I'd be happy getting the extra XP at the cost of needing to stabilize the bots every few days.

Capsule lvl upgrades? I think I missed that option. I have multiple capsules, but don't think I saw anything about increasing the level of the existing ones. What does it do and how do I do it?
On the capsules screen there is an upgrade button on each capsule.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I’m sorry if I misunderstood but AkiranGaming’s reply is what I would say. Bots activities all cause destabilization. Shopkeepers and clerks deal with cranky and obnoxious customers for example. In this game any time the bot learns it will lose stability, there is never one without the other.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
No, I leave them for the manager to handle. So after I add the second manager things have gone better, at least one bot is sent on mission at night, but not every eligible bots are sent. About the mod I didn't use the mod, I'll see if I can install it later on Android.
I was not suggesting the mod, I don't use it and I only wanted to know if it could be what is causing your problem. I do not know what is causing your problem. Bot managers do not change when there is more than one. The only advantage you get by having multiple bot managers is that it is more likely that one is stable and will perform the role each turn.
I play on both Windows and Android and do not have this problem. The reasons why bots are not sent on missions by bot managers are: allow management not on, low integrity, low stability, on another mission (busy), and for UFC fights you are low on money to pay the entry fee. Also, on fight days bots will not be assigned other missions.

gr3yw0lf72

Jun 30, 2024
I encountered the same issue that a newly added bot wasn't sent away for any of the given activities (managed was on, 100% stability and integrity).
But after removing the bot manager role for one round and adding it again the new bot did get managed and sent to different jobs. Maybe the new bot just needs to settle in and do what it is told without resisting. ;)

cruiser221

Mar 24, 2019
What's the actual effect of the rate of the bot itself? Is it just an arbitrary mark (for commissions or stuff like that) or does it actually effect the bot's value? Like does it mean that the bot itself has a higher base price or what? I know the higher the rate, the more that the bots tend to have special traits but that seems about it. Doesn't seem to give an increase in learn rate either.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
What's the actual effect of the rate of the bot itself? Is it just an arbitrary mark (for commissions or stuff like that) or does it actually effect the bot's value? Like does it mean that the bot itself has a higher base price or what? I know the higher the rate, the more that the bots tend to have special traits but that seems about it. Doesn't seem to give an increase in learn rate either.
It definitely effects the overall bot value and is used as a pre-requisite for missions as well. Learn rate is more a factor of the CPU rate then the overall bot rate.

Reactions: cruiser221

workinstiff077

Feb 6, 2020

@ AkiranGaming - yeah, ditto on the XP for me. I'm usually happy as a clam with any XP gains.

The capsule upgrades can be seen from the workshop menu - Squirrel noted this in his response post. While the full upgrade (currently Lv4) is quite expensive, at $125k per capsule ($2.5M for whole shop), even at low levels this can help some. I run mostly Lv2 upgs on my current run ($20k each), and it helps a lot, giving a small (3-5%) stability bump each time cycle. Great for offsetting the housekeeping hits, anyway.

That said, for players that have been at this a while (and esp. on older versions of SR24), the mid/late game de-stab lockup is a thing. If you don't manage it right, or have bots that don't stabilize well, you can easily end up in a situation where most or all of your AP is burned on maintenance (mostly de-stab, and maybe some repair). Some of the tools introduced as of 0.6.1 went a long way to help, with the capsule upgrades and master techies; but a full shop can still be a real handful to get in working order.

The game can feel real grindy if your favorite bots effectively de-stab almost every turn cycle, and especially if the housekeepers require you to use their "free AP" for self-maintenance. Had a modded game in ver 0.5.1 where this happened to me, and I spent about 10-12 AP per turn (including save-scumming) just re-stabilizing my 6-8 core bots. Not much you can do after that. I did end up abandoning that playthrough, which hurt then since it was one of my longer game runs at that point.

On subsequent playthroughs, I needed to specifically find bots that were more stable, which is when I started using the AGRX-10s. My AGp-Vals and AGPT-13s (the recommended early "techie" options) actually don't have good psychocore stab multis (both are 1.0); and the Tifa bots I had in the modded run have a PS stab multi of 1.0 as well. If you haven't tried running a shop with lower PS stab bots, try it - makes a world of difference for learning and maintenance re-stab costs.

One other thing I noticed, if you have bots assigned roles when they are glitchy / unstable, it seems to mess with the overall role performance on time cycle. Maybe others can confirm, but I feel like this increases de-stab on other bots too. This makes sense to me logically (e.g., the other bots may have to clean up behind / correct their errant teammate), but this can also be a PITA to diagnose and correct, especially when the shop bot count starts going up, and bot instability creeps up from odd corners.

I guess it kind of makes sense with bots, but micromanagement really is the key to success. Easier if you enjoy that kind of thing. An in-game shop summary menu / screen would be a huge help, with a list of bot integrity, stability, and role / mission assigns - but cobbling / coding one up is tough.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
So I started a new playthrough on Hardcore setting.... And now I've got a whole bunch of dicks.

Whether it's random Joes walking into the shop while I'm working, or random finds at the Dump Site, I just keep getting them.
And not just any dicks. Class A and Class S dicks.

I have no idea what to do with these dicks. They were pretty rare before. (Looks suspiciously at dev).

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
So I started a new playthrough on Hardcore setting.... And now I've got a whole bunch of dicks.

Whether it's random Joes walking into the shop while I'm working, or random finds at the Dump Site, I just keep getting them.
And not just any dicks. Class A and Class S dicks.

I have no idea what to do with these dicks. They were pretty rare before. (Looks suspiciously at dev).
If you upgraded to 0.8.1 it makes sense. Read the change log. They are needed for good neighbor and for those who use lots of bot mods the increased frequency is necessary to compensate for the 20-50 extra bots you add to the game. It's hard to play balance a game when it can be vanilla or heavily modded. The more mods you use the further away from my intention the game becomes. I try to make the game play well vanilla and consider that most people use some bot mods. People who use lots of mods are are creating a different game which may be easier or harder and I can't do anything about that. I test the game's play balance vanilla only.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
The bot's price/value is greatly influenced by it's rate, the differences are large.

Reactions: cruiser221
4.40 star(s) 8 Votes