4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Guerrilla!

Apr 17, 2018
Given current disastrous events surrounding the Unity ecosystem, what is to be done now?

All speed ahead regardless, damning the blatantly illegality of Unity corporate's move or turn back to RenPy?

Will still support this project no matter what <3

• Sad
Reactions: Numo-M4

Numo-M4

Apr 1, 2020
Given current disastrous events surrounding the Unity ecosystem, what is to be done now?

All speed ahead regardless, damning the blatantly illegality of Unity corporate's move or turn back to RenPy?

Will still support this project no matter what <3
Yea that move by Unity was an unexpected slap in the face to indie devs.
I hope it doesn't kill this game outright, but if a transfer is going to happen now, doing so with Unity is going to be rough.

• Sad
Reactions: Guerrilla!

Guerrilla!

Apr 17, 2018
Yea that move by Unity was an unexpected slap in the face to indie devs.
I hope it doesn't kill this game outright, but if a transfer is going to happen now, doing so with Unity is going to be rough.
Truthful on all counts. Deeply scumbag move by those bastards...

Good thing is that BlackWeb is not so deep into development on Royal Conquest that it can truly kill it as such, but it will substantially delay or induce a rapid move back onto RenPy. I'll buy the itch version soon to support the project, because fuck Unity.

Tamer Vale, EdgeLords and a whole lot of recent releases were also done on Unity, much less those in years prior... can only wonder what'll happen to them.

Guerrilla!

Apr 17, 2018
It has certainly left me scrambling and trying to figure out what to do next. I'm working on a couple of things but can't say for certain what the final product is going to be.
Fully understood, BW. Know you have our unending support in whatever you choose to do in progress with Royal Conquest and your other titles. I'm so damn happy MLS & Dog Days are both RenPy... the prospect of bankrupting my fave devs because I and a ton of other users on site installed a title on steam, steam deck and my travel laptop is *deeply fucked*

May your efforts prove always fruitful and we'll be waiting here for word.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackWebGames

Numo-M4

Apr 1, 2020
It has certainly left me scrambling and trying to figure out what to do next. I'm working on a couple of things but can't say for certain what the final product is going to be.
Given the circumstances, I don't think you should feel too guilty if you decide to use a different platform for this game.
You have a legitimate excuse and it wouldn't be your fault.
Everyone universally understands that the Unity directors are scumbags.

As for the wait time, other games have been on hold or hiatus for much longer in the past.
If you stay consistent and communicative with your supporters, they'll always support you. (y)

• Red Heart

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
It would be hilarious if the Nintendo ninjas go after Unity because of this. :KEK:
I find it likely that Nintendo already have some special deal with Unity. I don't think Nintendo would accept the previous terms either. In particular, I doubt very much that Nintendo would agree to Unity being able to unilaterally change the deal.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I find it likely that Nintendo already have some special deal with Unity. I don't think Nintendo would accept the previous terms either. In particular, I doubt very much that Nintendo would agree to Unity being able to unilaterally change the deal.
I very highly doubt they have a deal considering it's part of Nintendo's money pot that this new charge is going after.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I very highly doubt they have a deal considering it's part of Nintendo's money pot that this new charge is going after.
Of course they are. That doesn't mean they can unilaterally impose the change on Nintendo *right now*. It will however give them a much stronger foundation to stand on for when the contract runs out and contract negotiations are held.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Since there is no link to itch.io in the OP, here are the links to BWG's games for those like me are having trouble finding them whenever I need them. :)
BWG main page:
SexCraft:
S.C. Short:
MLS:
DDS:

Guerrilla!

Apr 17, 2018
Since there is no link to itch.io in the OP, here are the links to BWG's games for those like me are having trouble finding them whenever I need them. :)
BWG main page:
SexCraft:
S.C. Short:
MLS:
DDS:
Thank you for the reminder! I had forgotten I hadn't bought them as yet.

1695152117059.png

Reactions: bacienvu88

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
Well they took to pleading for mercy...
Wonder how many devs will switch from unity to something else, and how much hassle that will cause them if they do.

Edit to this, just in case of confusion, the hassle I am thinking of is how much it will cause the devs, not how much it will cause unity themselves.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes