mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Seems like the definition of milking the patrons if after all this time they didn't actually improve the art?
Reworking pseudo animation of series of stillshots into a real animation while looking the same is:
1. very significant improvement. even if the art looks the same, the overall product isn't the same.
2. nontrivial effort

combining point 2 with the number of animations they are upgrading per month indicates they are seriously working at it, rather than just bilking the patrons

also usually a patron bilker would do a reboot for such a thing. They are doing it via a series of patches which redoes a dozen or so animations per month. So you are never losing contents on the update.

that all being said... I would have preferred for them to focus on new content instead of remastering old content.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
The new animation is vastly smoother which makes it look better simply due to the increase in FPS.
It is objectively better to have more FPS on the exact same art, claiming it to be a downgrade or side-grade is ridiculous.
The art itself looks exactly the same, but with more FPS.
And I get why they felt is was necessary, but these weren't any scenes I was slowing down to pay a lot of attention to anyway, so the smoother animation improved exactly nothing for me.

Reactions: Minipax84

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
to progress akita im told to "talk to your step mom" but I cant acess her office (keeps saying I shouldnt be there or something)

I have progressed everything else to max

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
And I get why they felt is was necessary, but these weren't any scenes I was slowing down to pay a lot of attention to anyway, so the smoother animation improved exactly nothing for me.
Yea, that I agree with

2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
This is weird.
I thought the consensus was:
we didn't like them changing the art/ IE changing the woman's sizes+faces
now a some people are complaining about how they DIDN'T change the art, and faithfully gave it a 60 fps animation instead.
B R U H

Viressa

May 24, 2018
This is weird.
I thought the consensus was:
we didn't like them changing the art/ IE changing the woman's sizes+faces
now a some people are complaining about how they DIDN'T change the art, and faithfully gave it a 60 fps animation instead.
B R U H
It's not that the new animations aren't an improvement, it's that the developer is wasting time and resources turd-polishing. Better to just learn from your mistakes and make new content better than to go back and waste months and months redoing scenes. It's like with writing a book, you'll never finish if you keep rewriting chapter 1 over and over until it's perfect.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
It's not that the new animations aren't an improvement, it's that the developer is wasting time and resources turd-polishing.
But if a new player starts playing and sees bad art and animations, do you really think he'll keep playing under the assurance "oh, it'll get better" or go to something that looks good from the start?

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
A question out of interest should I wait a little longer or is the game already pretty playable?

sovn

May 4, 2019
But if a new player starts playing and sees bad art and animations, do you really think he'll keep playing under the assurance "oh, it'll get better" or go to something that looks good from the start?
the point they are getting at is that the animations are from a side character that has no importance in the story, which btw new players wouldn't worry about because she is not the first scene they would see, also i am pretty sure they would stick around because we stuck around, i only started to lose interest whenever the mia update happened because of the classic move of "starting another game but don't worry guys".

on another note, has anyone else got missing bgm outside the main menu?

Viressa

May 24, 2018
You are right, first impressions are important. Ideally, you would get the whole game done, then go back and polish the opening chapters for that first impression. That's kinda why I think release models of monthly/bimonthly/whatever updates are actually bad for creators, you have to publish what you have or perish, and you can't take the time to polish without sacrificing forward progression and momentum. But the attention economy-driven nature of the patronage model demands it.

Ultimately, though, everyone posting here complaining about the update not having anything new is someone who's already went through the early game and decided it was good enough to keep going.

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
A question out of interest should I wait a little longer or is the game already pretty playable?
With 344 pages of comments this game has been worked on for a long time. You should have a good while of playtime before approaching the end of current content notices.

3.60 star(s) 158 Votes