Dercuillo

Jan 14, 2020
To solve the issue when going to school in the morning for Mia's quest, put this file in the game/code folder ('$' has been removed on line 554)
Should this file replace the institute.rpyc in game/code?

Last edited:

Dercuillo

Jan 14, 2020
no need to.
rpy are readible code (plain text), rpyc is compiled code. If a newer rpy is present, the rpyc is recreated with the new code.
Could you be kind enough to post the new rpyc because, at least on the mac port, that's not what I see, the original rpyc is not replaced and so obviously I still get the loop to beginning... :rolleyes:

Tset

Aug 21, 2017
Could you be kind enough to post the new rpyc because, at least on the mac port, that's not what I see, the original rpyc is not replaced and so obviously I still get the loop to beginning... :rolleyes:
That's weird. I'm not sure how python compilation works and having my rpyc done on PC may not work on mac. Try moving the rpyc file outside the game's folder and retry starting the game. If you see a new rpyc then it should be ok.
FYI, the rpy files can be found in the archive.rpa.

Dercuillo

Jan 14, 2020
That's weird. I'm not sure how python compilation works and having my rpyc done on PC may not work on mac. Try moving the rpyc file outside the game's folder and retry starting the game. If you see a new rpyc then it should be ok.
FYI, the rpy files can be found in the archive.rpa.
I'm not compiling anything. I only tried to follow your steps but not sure to understand how a compiled game can compile by itself a missing file on launch without source... :unsure: Anyway, tried to remove the file and launch, get an error after clicking the school and no new institute.rpyc created. Seems logical to me...
That said, the rpyc files should not being different from a platform to another. Let's do the test, post your new institute.rpyc, I'll tell you if it works or not.

Tset

Aug 21, 2017
I'm not compiling anything. I only tried to follow your steps but not sure to understand how a compiled game can compile by itself a missing file on launch without source... :unsure: Anyway, tried to remove the file and launch, get an error after clicking the school and no new institute.rpyc created. Seems logical to me...
That said, the rpyc files should not being different from a platform to another. Let's do the test, post your new institute.rpyc, I'll tell you if it works or not.
Here you go.

Dercuillo

Jan 14, 2020
Here you go.
Tx mate!
Unfortunately same back to beginning bug... o_O
If this works for you then my guess is this bug may be somehow triggered by multiples factors...
Anyway, let's not lose more time on this and wait for next update!

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
How do you get into her office? I go in lift takes me to stepmother office where her secretary is but how do I see the Dr?
Been a LONG time since I played. Used to be if you were far enough along in the game you talked with the lady downstairs ( receptionist ?) first then when you entered the elevator you had choices.
Sorry don't remember specific triggers needed

Reidger

Sep 6, 2022
Been a LONG time since I played. Used to be if you were far enough along in the game you talked with the lady downstairs ( receptionist ?) first then when you entered the elevator you had choices.
Sorry don't remember specific triggers needed
It's okay I got it but now saying I've to make a appointment?

3.60 star(s) 158 Votes