Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
Not really bad as such. Simply annoying.

I've developed games myself (Before the spark of creativity got crushed by greedy cooperations that had me implement the most disgusting mobile microtransactions), and I know its easy to overlook such "small" things.

It seems like a matter of course that you will create a better user interface, in fact, it often seems so obvious that you need to implement a better user interface that you dont realise you havent implemented it until the end user complains, because "Well, its such an obvious thing, of course we've already done that".

I'd suggest look into blackbox and whitebox testing.

Its a pain in the rear to use, but honestly, the results speak for themselves.

Black Box testing is when you hand over the program/game to someone that knows little to nothing about the code behind the game, and then have them test out the game for you. You stand nearby and take notes.
WHEN do they get stuck, WHY do they get stuck, WHEN do they get frustrated and give up.

You dont provide any guidance during this phase. Its supposed to simulate when a consumer has the final product in their hands. The consumer doesnt get to quiz the devs after all, they have to figure it out on their own.

White Box testing is basically what you're doing now. You test the game, find a bug, fix the bug, move on etc.

Its a very unreliable test to have (Though important), because you're so used to your own program that you might not/will not try the same things a consumer with no knowledge to the program might try.

... Hmm, I do tend to ramble.. Dont I?

TL;DR
Black Box testing -

White Box testing -
Thanks a lot for that good advice, We are right now testing the game with some friends, who are the "Beta-testers" but you are right, they know about other visual novels, so it could be easy for them to understand the gameplay, so we are going to find some new users to test it and try the black box testing and avoid this issues, Thank You!

Reactions: yoyomistro

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks a lot for that good advice, We are right now testing the game with some friends, who are the "Beta-testers" but you are right, they know about other visual novels, so it could be easy for them to understand the gameplay, so we are going to find some new users to test it and try the black box testing and avoid this issues, Thank You!
This isnt really advice that is needed and just makes me seem like a know it all. BUT! Just for your information.

Alpha(α) = A state where you're still building the game, all features havent been implemented, and new features might be added as development moves along.

Beta(β) = All features have been implemented, only bugs remain.

Release = Get yer game on bro!

Jul 18, 2017
I don't understand in what part of the game are you if you want help or support please go the Discord server on the channel "support" or mp me there.

Discord server invitation:
The second time you get a boner and the sex note says ask her for help on Sue ( no location / time progress the game ) and btw. the livingroom and the garage are bugged at night, you need to use the map to leave the locations.

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
The second time you get a boner and the sex note says ask her for help on Sue ( no location / time progress the game ) and btw. the livingroom and the garage are bugged at night, you need to use the map to leave the locations.
Thanks for your feedback, Could you please share with your save file with the bug, to see the events to fix, I would really appreciate it (You could join go the discord server and send me a message with the save file)

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
This isnt really advice that is needed and just makes me seem like a know it all. BUT! Just for your information.

Alpha(α) = A state where you're still building the game, all features havent been implemented, and new features might be added as development moves along.

Beta(β) = All features have been implemented, only bugs remain.

Release = Get yer game on bro!
Right, don't worry I know what is and alpha and beta state of development, is just that is easier to understand "Betatester" than "Alphatester", actually that's also the reason I wrote between " ", Anyway thanks for your explanation and help.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Sorry I don't understand what do you mean, could you explain it, please.
They're asking for a complete save file, for some reason some people would rather look at the final scenes and think it's worth missing any transitional scenes/story. IMO if they wanna do that they should just learn how to use label jump and save themselves some time lol.

Ronin

Jun 19, 2017
The main thing in an adult game is the argument, a strong base story is essential. It is what causes to want to play it, identify with the MC and, in some cases, enjoy some kind of hidden taboo fetish. When I play SexNote I don't find any of this and many plot bumps, children's dialogues and forced situations that don't help to plunge into history (which for now, it doesn't have). They are not exploiting the true potential they have in their hands. This is not a criticism, nor do I hope they have anything in mind. But with much more work and organization they could live up to DarkCookie.
1 - I do not understand what you wanted to do with the blood relationship between the characters, who is the real mother?, the dialogues do not match, the blonde is constantly telling the mc, perverted. That is not good, even being the maid. And the sister, whose daughter is she, is adopted?
An important detail for the story is that if there is incest, the characters resemble each other, they are familiar, right?
We have a brunette mother, the other blonde, the sister is redhead with freckles and the mc is brown and freckleless. "Genetic traits"
2 - The characters lack history, a motive, personality. Who is who and why they do what they do.
Base story suggestion: MC - When my parents divorced, my father, a great lawyer, kept all material possessions. Leaving my mother with nothing, no money, no clothes and no house. This left her shattered. (That would explain why she is naked under her robe, in front of her son, in the kitchen with a glass of wine in the morning).
I could have gone with my father but I couldn't leave her like that, that's why we are now living in my aunt's house, a strong, feminist and independent woman who never needs anything from anyone. (Needless to say he doesn't love me, he thinks I look a lot like my father)
3 - We have a book with sexual powers... (This is the real mc, not the boy. Without a book there is no story) and first of all the sex scenes have to have some common thread related to the book, not just fornicating. Where is the corruption and progress in the game? What is the use of agamoto eye if women are already half-naked? Another variable to this spell would be to be able to see through the walls.
The MC does not know how to masturbate, what kind of teenager in the 21st century does not know? So... thanks to some kind of mind control or suggestion spell, the mc should get his mother's favor. (Do not take lightly, of all the characters the mother has to be the most difficult to corrupt)
Three nights watching videos and we already get oral sex, without magic? it does not work like that.
4 - A giant cock, really? This should go later in the game.
5 - The mother and stepmother (or whatever) should be heterosexual and the MC with magic can be corrupting them, lesbian scenes should be progressive.
6 - In the dialogues the previous point should be reflected. Type, - What are we doing? - or - This is wrong - or - We shouldn't - etc.
7 - Mind control, suggestion, extra body trips. They are some of the spells that the MC could use at the beginning of the game.
Eg: through extra body trips the MC could get into dreams and get to see women's fantasies or worst fears (this opens the possibility of two paths of love or domination).
With the suggestion, manifest them, let the women see them (hallucinations).
And with mind control, turn women into puppets of their perverted will.
8 - Mini games, side characters, side missions, all that is important, but without a good base story it collapses like a house of cards.

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
The main thing in an adult game is the argument, a strong base story is essential. It is what causes to want to play it, identify with the MC and, in some cases, enjoy some kind of hidden taboo fetish. When I play SexNote I don't find any of this and many plot bumps, children's dialogues and forced situations that don't help to plunge into history (which for now, it doesn't have). They are not exploiting the true potential they have in their hands. This is not a criticism, nor do I hope they have anything in mind. But with much more work and organization they could live up to DarkCookie.
1 - I do not understand what you wanted to do with the blood relationship between the characters, who is the real mother?, the dialogues do not match, the blonde is constantly telling the mc, perverted. That is not good, even being the maid. And the sister, whose daughter is she, is adopted?
An important detail for the story is that if there is incest, the characters resemble each other, they are familiar, right?
We have a brunette mother, the other blonde, the sister is redhead with freckles and the mc is brown and freckleless. "Genetic traits"
2 - The characters lack history, a motive, personality. Who is who and why they do what they do.
Base story suggestion: MC - When my parents divorced, my father, a great lawyer, kept all material possessions. Leaving my mother with nothing, no money, no clothes and no house. This left her shattered. (That would explain why she is naked under her robe, in front of her son, in the kitchen with a glass of wine in the morning).
I could have gone with my father but I couldn't leave her like that, that's why we are now living in my aunt's house, a strong, feminist and independent woman who never needs anything from anyone. (Needless to say he doesn't love me, he thinks I look a lot like my father)
3 - We have a book with sexual powers... (This is the real mc, not the boy. Without a book there is no story) and first of all the sex scenes have to have some common thread related to the book, not just fornicating. Where is the corruption and progress in the game? What is the use of agamoto eye if women are already half-naked? Another variable to this spell would be to be able to see through the walls.
The MC does not know how to masturbate, what kind of teenager in the 21st century does not know? So... thanks to some kind of mind control or suggestion spell, the mc should get his mother's favor. (Do not take lightly, of all the characters the mother has to be the most difficult to corrupt)
Three nights watching videos and we already get oral sex, without magic? it does not work like that.
4 - A giant cock, really? This should go later in the game.
5 - The mother and stepmother (or whatever) should be heterosexual and the MC with magic can be corrupting them, lesbian scenes should be progressive.
6 - In the dialogues the previous point should be reflected. Type, - What are we doing? - or - This is wrong - or - We shouldn't - etc.
7 - Mind control, suggestion, extra body trips. They are some of the spells that the MC could use at the beginning of the game.
Eg: through extra body trips the MC could get into dreams and get to see women's fantasies or worst fears (this opens the possibility of two paths of love or domination).
With the suggestion, manifest them, let the women see them (hallucinations).
And with mind control, turn women into puppets of their perverted will.
8 - Mini games, side characters, side missions, all that is important, but without a good base story it collapses like a house of cards.

Hey, Thanks for your feedback, that's really important for us and you are right, there is a lot of work ahead but did you know how it has progressed until now? I mean, did you try the 0.02 or 0.03? If don't, I will explain to you.

-0.01The first version was private, cause we did it for fun and share it with some friends to verify the viability of the project... (Has a lot of bugs cause it was our first time doing a visual novel)

- 0.02 Was the first public release that we made, fixing all the bug and improving from the last version with the feedback of our friends, fun fact: this one was made in Unity and didn't have a lot of basic options like, save and load, control the music volume, resize the window screen, a little compatibility with android, etc. (we did it in unity cause it was the closest engine to us)

- 0.03 having a lot of this basic issues and a lot of feedback of the public, we decide to move to renpy, so this version was focused specifically to make everything again to renpy (And when I say everything I mean everything, we made a full redesign of the all characters and code everything again now in Renpy) it was a big progress cause fixed a lot of bugs with unity and bringing the important basics features... but... There was no UI or map and the story or scenes were few.

- 0.04 I have to say it was a big update, we added new features like Map navigation, Affection system, UI navigation system, Hints system with the sex note icon, cheat system, etc. you can check the full changelog.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, if you see the progress it has been well, and after all the rework, this 0.043 could be considered as the 0.02 version of the game (About the updates with new content) so it's a very early version and what I see is that you are expecting a lot of content in the story that needs backup in art, code and new features, like illustrate more scenes to deepen in the story with each character making it more "Logical?" (We can't make just 50 lines of dialogs without any image that just the characters talking cause it would be really slow and boring) and adding more powers with the Sexnote magic which means a lot of code and art scenes again.

About points 2, 3, 4, 5, 8: The story, for now, is made to give you more hot scenes without having to read a 100 pages book about the progress of your relationship with the characters, for now, there is just the beginning of the game, in next versions we will focus on specifics characters to improve the story and game flow, in fact next update (0.05) will be focused on expanding the world of Sexnote, adding new characters (6 New characters), new locations (5 New locations), New scenarios (10 new scenarios), new side stories and of course new sex content and animations. 0.06 will focus on Brixxida and the Sexnote, creating more spells and improving the story and the features related to the Sexnote, and then we will make polls to know what the public wants us to focus on next updates, improving the story and the flow with each character step by step.

About points 1, 6: The relationship with the maid or the boss, this is just to get around Patreon's incest ban, but the original idea is that in fact you are adopted for a lesbian (Bisexual) couple: "Sue" the black haired and "Jane" the Blonde, the redhead is supposed to be your step-sister (adopted too) that's why the characters don't resemble each other (Patreon with the new rules and restrictions could be really tight, for that reason we decided to don't having that "Genetic traits")

About point 7, Mind control is completely prohibited on patreon.. so we have to cover it adding the corruption option... but as I said, it will be on the next updates.

Anyway, thanks for the full review and feedback, we are really focused on making good content, and improving every time. When a future update is focused on one of the mothers, for sure we will do the respective changes and improvements to the story adding the necessary content to make it the best we can.

PD: By the way, you can check the status update and road map on patreon and every month we make polls to decide the future updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Cumanji

Jul 1, 2017
I apologize in advance if i have (probably) missed something:
I recongize the step-relationsip is a patreon skirt. However, step relations just dont do it for me. Im a demented imbicile with an oedipus complex. Anything to bring it to an umabiguous consanguineus relationship would improve the game massively for me

Otherwise, amazing progress on this game. Great art (whatever MC you prefer) and keep it up

Reactions: Paprika
3.60 star(s) 158 Votes