yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I kinda liked the nerdy looking protagonist better, particularly the first iteration in the unity version. Enough games have generic smugboi protags. But whatever, do what you want. Also if you could add an actual default name besides Anon that would be great.

wrarar

Dec 19, 2017
Hey, Thanks for your feedback, that's really important for us and you are right, this is the 0.043 version, but did you know how it has progressed until now? I mean, did you try the 0.02 or 0.03? If don't, I will explain to you.

-0.01The first version was private, cause we did it for fun and share it with some friends to verify the viability of the project... (Has a lot of bugs cause it was our first time doing a visual novel)

- 0.02 Was the first public release that we made, fixing all the bug and improving from the last version with the feedback of our friends, fun fact: this one was made in Unity and didn't have a lot of basic options like, save and load, control the music volume, resize the window screen, a little compatibility with android, etc. (we did it in unity cause it was the closest engine to us)

- 0.03 having a lot of this basic issues and a lot of feedback of the public, we decide to move to renpy, so this version was focused specifically to make everything again to renpy (And when I say everything I mean everything, we made a full redesign of the all characters and code everything again now in Renpy) it was a big progress cause fixed a lot of bugs with unity and bringing the important basics features... but... There was no UI or map and the story or scenes were few.

- 0.04 I have to say it was a big update, we added new features like Map navigation, Affection system, UI navigation system, Hints system with the sex note icon, cheat system, etc. you can check the full changelog.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, if you see the progress it has been well, but the game keep being in a very early version and what I see is that you are expecting a lot of content in the story that needs backup in art, code and new features, like illustrate more scenes to deepen in the story with each character making it more "Logic?" at your point of view (We can't make just 50 lines of dialogs without any image that just the characters talking cause it would be really slow and boring) and adding more powers with the Sexnote magic which means a lot of code and art scenes again.

The story, for now, is made to give you more hot scenes without having to read a 100 pages book about the progress of your relationship with the characters, for now, there is just the beginning of the game, in next versions we will focus on specifics characters to improve the story and game flow, in fact next update (0.05) will be focused on expanding the world of Sexnote, adding new characters (6 New characters), new locations (5 New locations), New scenarios (10 new scenarios), new side stories and of course new sex content and animations. 0.06 will focus on Brixxida and the Sexnote, that's right, what you are asking for, we are going to make more powers or spells, improve the story and the features related to the Sexnote, and then we will make polls to know what the public wants us to focus on next updates, improving the story and the flow with each character step by step.

So, thanks for the advice, we are really focused on making good content, and improving every time. When a future update is focused on one of the mothers, for sure we will do the respective changes and improvements to the story adding the necessary content to make it the best we can.

PD: By the way, you can check the status update and road map on patreon and every month we make polls to decide the future updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i dont know if say sorry, or thanks for such detailed answer...il go for thanks, il be rooting for you.

Reactions: Jamliz

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
i dont know if say sorry, or thanks for such detailed answer...il go for thanks, il be rooting for you.
There is nothing to say sorry about, your opinion is really important for us, and I just wanted to clarify more about the project status and the issues that you found on the actual version, that are completely right, but we are in progress to fix it and making every time a better game for you! Anyway, thanks for your feedback and taking the time to write us that complete opinion about the story and to read our full explanation, we really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bumm

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Okay so after running through the update a couple of more times I've got a more solid grasp on my overall thoughts for this update.

Pros:
-The story still looks like it's got some potential, though it could help to expand by providing a more established backstory, i.e. the history behind the Sex Note itself.
-The game continues to benefit from a brighter color pallet, which helps some of the characters stand out more.
-This update definitely adds more erotic scenes that have the potential to be further expanded upon in the future.
-Some of the character interactions I did find rather amusing, specifically between the MC and the Sex Note mascot.
-The switch from Unity to Ren'py was an excellent choice.
-HUD? Could use some improvement but is overall fairly solid.
Cons:
-Okay I know I've harped on this previous but some of the new character designs are unsettling, especially the MC's. If a blend between the initial design and new design can be reached I'll be all for it. As some of the initial character designs felt unique as opposed the current.
-The grind to level up the MC's magical capabilities is a tad annoying, so this mechanic should be limited.
-This is a narrative gripe so feel free to ignore it but the Sex Note feels more like an instruction manual rather than a parody of it's namesake. So further expanding the Sex Note uses and capabilities should be considered.
-The character roster is growing, which is a plus, but it runs the risk of becoming over bloated and you run the risk of having twenty or more characters that you have to create interactions and possible stories for.

Other than that it's a pretty solid update, and I'm curious to see where the development goes from here.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Getting your attention
Ello, like the art, story seems.. Well, we've seen it before, theres nothing wrong with that, nor am I complaining.

However, I will complain about this - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Add in some hover text/overlay ANYTHING over doors.. I spent 10minutes jumping back and forth in the house trying to find the effin Garage.. If it werent because I had gone in and edited the RenPy files so I had Rollback enabled, I would have stopped playing a while ago. Its frustrating that nothing is named, not to mention that you gotta do the whole "Shaking mouse across the screen to find the pixel that lights up" thing.

Game is decent, I havent gotten too far in it yet, but the art is appealing, the writing is decent (As in, you know how to use proper grammar) and frankly, I have high hopes for this game.

But please add some kind of mouse over effect to doors that tell you where they lead, maybe also make it so doors are a bit easier to notice?

I hope my message made sense, I wrote it after not sleeping for 34 hours, so frankly, my concentration isnt really there, not to mention I didnt proofread the message either. (I already know I'm going to cringe tomorrow over misspelled words/nonsensical sentences).

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
Okay so after running through the update a couple of more times I've got a more solid grasp on my overall thoughts for this update.

Pros:
-The story still looks like it's got some potential, though it could help to expand by providing a more established backstory, i.e. the history behind the Sex Note itself.
-The game continues to benefit from a brighter color pallet, which helps some of the characters stand out more.
-This update definitely adds more erotic scenes that have the potential to be further expanded upon in the future.
-Some of the character interactions I did find rather amusing, specifically between the MC and the Sex Note mascot.
-The switch from Unity to Ren'py was an excellent choice.
-HUD? Could use some improvement but is overall fairly solid.
Cons:
-Okay I know I've harped on this previous but some of the new character designs are unsettling, especially the MC's. If a blend between the initial design and new design can be reached I'll be all for it. As some of the initial character designs felt unique as opposed the current.
-The grind to level up the MC's magical capabilities is a tad annoying, so this mechanic should be limited.
-This is a narrative gripe so feel free to ignore it but the Sex Note feels more like an instruction manual rather than a parody of it's namesake. So further expanding the Sex Note uses and capabilities should be considered.
-The character roster is growing, which is a plus, but it runs the risk of becoming over bloated and you run the risk of having twenty or more characters that you have to create interactions and possible stories for.

Other than that it's a pretty solid update, and I'm curious to see where the development goes from here.
Thank you for that complete feedback. Right, we have been improving all we can and we will continue doing it. About the MC design, is really, really hard to find some character which everybody like it, that's why after 3 full redesigns (What was a lot of work and time each one) we decided to stop that, making a poll and the new MC is the result of the poll, and we are not going to change him for now (We need to focus on new content). We are going to improve the minigame to give a better experience, then, don't worry. Our idea was to make it pretty similar to Death note, but with the policies of patreon about Mind Control, we decide to don't risk and change a little, using the Sexnote as a magic book to learn spells. And about the characters, we are going to add more to make a better open-world experience, but we have the core of the story with the sexnote.

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
Ello, like the art, story seems.. Well, we've seen it before, theres nothing wrong with that, nor am I complaining.

However, I will complain about this - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Add in some hover text/overlay ANYTHING over doors.. I spent 10minutes jumping back and forth in the house trying to find the effin Garage.. If it werent because I had gone in and edited the RenPy files so I had Rollback enabled, I would have stopped playing a while ago. Its frustrating that nothing is named, not to mention that you gotta do the whole "Shaking mouse across the screen to find the pixel that lights up" thing.

Game is decent, I havent gotten too far in it yet, but the art is appealing, the writing is decent (As in, you know how to use proper grammar) and frankly, I have high hopes for this game.

But please add some kind of mouse over effect to doors that tell you where they lead, maybe also make it so doors are a bit easier to notice?

I hope my message made sense, I wrote it after not sleeping for 34 hours, so frankly, my concentration isnt really there, not to mention I didnt proofread the message either. (I already know I'm going to cringe tomorrow over misspelled words/nonsensical sentences).
Sorry about that bad experience, we are planning to improve that and move the garage to an easier place to notice, thanks for your feedback!

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Sorry about that bad experience, we are planning to improve that and move the garage to an easier place to notice, thanks for your feedback!
Not really bad as such. Simply annoying.

I've developed games myself (Before the spark of creativity got crushed by greedy cooperations that had me implement the most disgusting mobile microtransactions), and I know its easy to overlook such "small" things.

It seems like a matter of course that you will create a better user interface, in fact, it often seems so obvious that you need to implement a better user interface that you dont realise you havent implemented it until the end user complains, because "Well, its such an obvious thing, of course we've already done that".

I'd suggest look into blackbox and whitebox testing.

Its a pain in the rear to use, but honestly, the results speak for themselves.

Black Box testing is when you hand over the program/game to someone that knows little to nothing about the code behind the game, and then have them test out the game for you. You stand nearby and take notes.
WHEN do they get stuck, WHY do they get stuck, WHEN do they get frustrated and give up.

You dont provide any guidance during this phase. Its supposed to simulate when a consumer has the final product in their hands. The consumer doesnt get to quiz the devs after all, they have to figure it out on their own.

White Box testing is basically what you're doing now. You test the game, find a bug, fix the bug, move on etc.

Its a very unreliable test to have (Though important), because you're so used to your own program that you might not/will not try the same things a consumer with no knowledge to the program might try.

... Hmm, I do tend to ramble.. Dont I?

TL;DR
Black Box testing -

White Box testing -

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Thank you for that complete feedback. Right, we have been improving all we can and we will continue doing it. About the MC design, is really, really hard to find some character which everybody like it, that's why after 3 full redesigns (What was a lot of work and time each one) we decided to stop that, making a poll and the new MC is the result of the poll, and we are not going to change him for now (We need to focus on new content). We are going to improve the minigame to give a better experience, then, don't worry. Our idea was to make it pretty similar to Death note, but with the policies of patreon about Mind Control, we decide to don't risk and change a little, using the Sexnote as a magic book to learn spells. And about the characters, we are going to add more to make a better open-world experience, but we have the core of the story with the sexnote.
Three redesigns? Gods of blood and bone, that's insane. My condolences in that regard, I can only hope that it works out in the end.

Reactions: LuciferThePro

fatboi

Jun 21, 2017
Only just found and started the game, art is great, dialogue (English version) has a couple bumps but im sure they will get irond out. my big ask here is for an option later in the game or from the menu to change names and relationships, at a first play through i had no idea who the characters were and ended up assigning jane as mom and sue as aunt when after playing it should have been the other way around.

3.60 star(s) 158 Votes