Status
Not open for further replies.

Thozzz

Nov 6, 2019
Is there anything we can do to to stop the subs from both Patreon?
It kills me to see that he's still getting 1574 (at least +3k) subs every months from doing nothing (we'll pass on the fact he did actually make 2 differents pages ^^)

Rancid Dragon Productions

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Is there anything we can do to to stop the subs from both Patreon?
It kills me to see that he's still getting 1574 (at least +3k) subs every months from doing nothing (we'll pass on the fact he did actually make 2 differents pages ^^)
My question is, why do you feel the need to prevent other people from paying for something they OBVIOUSLY want to pay for, just because YOU don't like what's going on? You likely don't pay for it anyway. You're just pissed that he's getting paid. If you don't like it, move along. Why do you, and the other people who block and report people for the same things they're good with getting free, feel the need to ruin other people's livelihood and creation? It's not your business what other people pay for, and they still do.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
just noticed, is this one dead as well? or is the dev doing another "for realzz guys im still working on it, it just might take a couple of decades until i finish the next update, but i garantee your decendents will be able to test the pre release buggy version for patreons!"

Thozzz

Nov 6, 2019
My question is, why do you feel the need to prevent other people from paying for something they OBVIOUSLY want to pay for, just because YOU don't like what's going on? You likely don't pay for it anyway. You're just pissed that he's getting paid. If you don't like it, move along. Why do you, and the other people who block and report people for the same things they're good with getting free, feel the need to ruin other people's livelihood and creation? It's not your business what other people pay for, and they still do.
I'm genuinely sick of ppl abusing others on Patreon and pretty sure he's getting paid from lot of ppl who still haven't realized they should probably stop their subscriptions. So as an old sub and an active member of the Patreon community and game development community yes it's kind of my business to be active around scamming.
You can keep getting paid for a game you have finished years after because you did the job (s/o akabur), but when you don't do the job you don't deserve anything to get paid for.

Mar 27, 2022
I'm genuinely sick of ppl abusing others on Patreon and pretty sure he's getting paid from lot of ppl who still haven't realized they should probably stop their subscriptions. So as an old sub and an active member of the Patreon community and game development community yes it's kind of my business to be active around scamming.
You can keep getting paid for a game you have finished years after because you did the job (s/o akabur), but when you don't do the job you don't deserve anything to get paid for.
For what its worth the subs have been dropping off pretty quickly. But at the end of the day its every individual patrons choice if they want to resub or sub at all. We aren't even sure if the dev is purposefully trying to rip people off, or some crazy life stuff happened. Maybe they are actually hard at work this whole time and just suck at communicating, hell they could be dead for all we know. That being said if some new person looks at it patreon and see there hasn't been a post in 5 months, the dev isn't active anywhere, and their discord is filled with bots spamming crap and they still choose to sub then that's on them and personally I'm not going to feel bad for them.

ancotor69

Dec 27, 2023
With all the stupid side content in this game, the weird cameos and what not it's no wonder it just sputtered out. They should have just made several short and sweet games, not just bloat the fuck out of one. Lust Legacy was headed down the same path too, introducing loads of side characters before any of the main ones got any due.
I absolutely agree, I started to get bored when Dimitrescu appeared.

rommeltje

Feb 13, 2017
He's already put a lot of work in it, and there's a lot of content to enjoy, even if it's not fully finished. Why does only finished work deserve residuals? If he posts an update tomorrow that just says "And everyone lived happily ever after. The end.", would he deserve it then, in your mind?

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
"I'm genuinely sick of ppl abusing others on Patreon" ... who says they're being abused? They're adults who subscribed to a service. They're responsible for their own money. It's not your duty to be offended for other people. Keep your nose in your own business. It would be a scam if he did nothing at all and cheated people out of money. When you sponsor these games, you know they might not finish. You know they might drag on. Let's add to this a little, what if he completely finished the story with an ending everyone liked? Would be trying to be some sort of super hero by convincing people to stop paying him now that it's over? You call it a scam, but it isn't. They all signed up knowing how these things work. If they don't stop the subscription, that's on them. You also don't get to decide for everyone else what they do or do not deserve to pay for or when that property should be finished. If YOU don't like it, then YOU go somewhere else. Running your mouth about it, and trying to be some kind of Social Justice Warrior is you enforcing your opinion on everyone else.

Here's a better idea. Stop watching this thread. Stop playing this game. Stop complaining about this dev. Go about your own life and leave things alone that aren't your business, other than to be a nosy Karen about it.

By the way ... being "an old sub and an active member of the Patreon community and game development community" doesn't give you any kind of badges or authority. It just means you've posted on things and seen games. That doesn't make your opinion any more valid or important than the guy who posts two under you. It means that you've been around here for a while. So what? So have I. He isn't cheating anyone. YOU think he is, so he must be. But you're giving yourself way too much importance. Live your life, stop trying to live everyone else's too.

Last edited:

jvonschantz

Oct 1, 2023
who says they're being abused? They're adults who subscribed to a service. They're responsible for their own money.
"I'm genuinely sick of ppl abusing others on Patreon" ... who says they're being abused? They're adults who subscribed to a service. They're responsible for their own money. It's not your duty to be offended for other people. Keep your nose in your own business. It would be a scam if he did nothing at all and cheated people out of money. When you sponsor these games, you know they might not finish. You know they might drag on. Let's add to this a little, what if he completely finished the story with an ending everyone liked? Would be trying to be some sort of super hero by convincing people to stop paying him now that it's over? You call it a scam, but it isn't. They all signed up knowing how these things work. If they don't stop the subscription, that's on them. You also don't get to decide for everyone else what they do or do not deserve to pay for or when that property should be finished. If YOU don't like it, then YOU go somewhere else. Running your mouth about it, and trying to be some kind of Social Justice Warrior is you enforcing your opinion on everyone else.

Here's a better idea. Stop watching this thread. Stop playing this game. Stop complaining about this dev. Go about your own life and leave things alone that aren't your business, other than to be a nosy Karen about it.

By the way ... being "an old sub and an active member of the Patreon community and game development community" doesn't give you any kind of badges or authority. It just means you've posted on things and seen games. That doesn't make your opinion any more valid or important than the guy who posts two under you. It means that you've been around here for a while. So what? So have I. He isn't cheating anyone. YOU think he is, so he must be. But you're giving yourself way too much importance. Live your life, stop trying to live everyone else's too.
"who says they're being abused? They're adults who subscribed to a service. They're responsible for their own money."

This is so wrong. It isnt about the patreons, it is about the actions of the developers/creators.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
who says they're being abused? They're adults who subscribed to a service. They're responsible for their own money.

"who says they're being abused? They're adults who subscribed to a service. They're responsible for their own money."

This is so wrong. It isnt about the patreons, it is about the actions of the developers/creators.
No, it's about people minding their own business and stop judging for other people what they think the developers are doing. Just because YOU think they're cheating people, doesn't mean those other people feel cheated. YOU don't get to decide what they do with their money. Again, when you sign up for these games, you ALL know they sometimes stall and don't even finish. If you DON'T know that, you're stupid, brand new, or just plain lying. But you shouldn't be making yourself into a Karen and yelling about people doing wrong. You're treating all of those Patreons as if they're too stupid to hear your TOO IMPORTANT message and warning. Get over yourself, and if you don't like it, don't pay. You probably don't anyway. The people on here that seem to yell the loudest about cheating the Patreon crowd are the people who never pay anything. Because even if he was being paid a single dime and busting his ass, they still feel the devs don't deserve it. That they should all get this stuff free.

• Haha
Reactions: 8InchesAndCounting

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020

.. also, do you get to decide how everyone spends their money? Because you're sooooo much more knowledgeable about what they should and shouldn't buy? For example, Alcohol, tobacco, and McDonlad's are all terrible things to spend your money on. Those three things do nothing but damage in your life. So, do you get to be the one to tell people they can't buy these items? After all, that's cheating by the same definition isn't it? Cars break, Windows crashes, Cell phones need constant updates. We aren't telling everyone not to use those. In fact, here's a giant scam that you probably never even complain about ... Ever use your phone to Wfi call anyone? Ever been told when your signal for your cell phone sucks, use wifi? They don't give you your monthly fee back when that happens do they? Yet, you're using the wifi provided by ANOTHER COMPANY to work the phone you pay to be able to use. Still, people buy them and use them this way without ever telling everyone to stop it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8InchesAndCounting

Kijiyama

Dec 26, 2017
The game is back !!!!!
0.23 on patreon !!!!
shhh don't tell people. let them stay mad because they have very little patience. I would get it if it was half a year to a year with no updates but people so invested that even 3 months is already too long in this entitlement age....

Reactions: Quoxut
Status
Not open for further replies.
3.60 star(s) 157 Votes