2.90 star(s) 29 Votes

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
that rape ruined it for me. i could take some beating, almost killed, maybe even pissed on, but all night rape is hard to digest.
not sure the devs have plans to make different choices, to avoid rape and just get almost killed.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
and why not?
most of the time if theres a NTR tag there will be a never end discussion about it.
for me Rape is like for you is NTR.
I can tolerate it, but theres a limit of how much.

isent it what people that dont like NTR says, can it be optional?
and I ask the same, can the rape be optional?

FISHMA

May 19, 2019
I agree, I dont want the rape to be removed, but since its a game and the devs can add options, why not?
If I could I would let the devs do whatever they want, but the reality is not that,
devs will do what people want, to get likes and support. only the strongest minded devs will follow their creativity to the point.
that is why lots of devs make NTR as optional. they know its not in their interest to force it on people, they will lose support.

I know that in movies you can not change (at least not by us). But in a wip game, its possible.
and to have it optional will not mean it will be less of an experience for the person that enjoys rape.
it will only mean, that the person that skip the hardcore rape scene, can enjoy another path, maybe light rape and feel and appreciate the story better.

my point is not to "remove the rape", like many ntr-haters that want it banned.
but an option to pick 2 different routes. the original and the alternative. you can enjoy and I can enjoy the same game.
Well, you're right. Some devs will probably do anything that is asked of them. And I wouldn't even have replied if I didn't have a few beers in me. Good luck with your efforts!

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
If it's optional then it's not really rape, right?

To me that's the thing about rape in games, taking control out of the player and making you see something you don't want to.

Reactions: YukiSlut

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Personally, I think what matters is how rape is used.

If the game is about enslavement then rape is part of the game and people accept it or just move on. It's a core part of the game then there is little point in talking about it since it can't be changed. If it isn't part of the core game then I think it's healthy for the community to talk about NTR or rape or whatever so the developer can get a sense of where the line is for his/her audience.

Here, rape number 1 is confusing, is this supposed to be sexy? Or is it a plot device?

Note: I utterly HATE the trope of raping a women and she enjoys it, that is 99.99% of the time is devoid from reality and sends a poor message that misleads people. Deep down this is a message that the treatment is fine since she is enjoying it, which is fucked up. Receiving some pleasure does not mean automatically someone enjoys something. That is like saying, well I laughed once in a 2 hour movie so that means I LOVED the movie... I laughed out loud during the movie Rise of Skywalker and I sure as hell did not enjoy that movie. Rape fantasies are not like real rape and the two should not be conflated. Talk to people who were raped or molested and see that they say, spoiler alert they will not say they enjoyed it. Writers do this to makes rape feel less horrific, but the thing is it is horrific. If it's not horrific then it's being used poorly IMO.

I think it's acceptable to have horrific events in games or media. Look at the Last of Us. Sarah dying in the beginning of the game is horrific but it has a point in showing how Joel changed because of her death. Similarly Rape can be used as a trauma that changes someone in game.

So needless to say I gave the creator the benefit of the doubt on the first rape, but the fact she was captured a 2nd time and looks to be raped shows the writing doesn't know where to go so it's relying on tropes to fill content. Obviously not a good sign.

Reactions: mothballd and vgyew

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
Asking/hoping that content be made optional is ok but going after each other on the forum is not. And turning it into a NTR discuss is "Oh Hell No!"

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

Dualplatform

Jul 15, 2018
Hey hey, longtime lurker here. I can't help but give props to the developer... As a general practice, I normally steer clear of Ren'Py games because I detest the constant clicking and usual lack of options or any real ability to craft the story as a player.

This game broke the fourth wall add it to the point that it got silly, but I applaud the interactivity it presented.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
This game broke the fourth wall add it to the point that it got silly, but I applaud the interactivity it presented.
Well, the game breaks the fourth wall, because it clearly is a parody of Deadpool, which is known by breaking constantly the fourth wall.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
and why not?
most of the time if theres a NTR tag there will be a never end discussion about it.

From what i've heard it's not going to be made optional, they have no plans on changing anything. It's part of what makes her who she is afterwards.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, I get that, more the story progress, harder it will be to change things from previous updates, and a rape is quite the event.
Im quite frustrated that they include rape like that and Im surprised people can accept it so easily.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
yeah, I get that, more the story progress, harder it will be to change things from previous updates, and a rape is quite the event.
Im quite frustrated that they include rape like that and Im surprised people can accept it so easily.
I'm not sure I understand your outrage. The game doesn't include the rape as something that is casual and easily dismissed, it is a part of a very traumatic experience for the MC and could easily play into her motivations ("they didn't just beat me, they violated me!") for the game's main story.

Now, if it turns out that the rape isn't essential to the story, I will agree with you that it should be made optional, with her waking up in the hospital rather than as a captive. It would just mean skipping a bit of text and graphics, and wouldn't require a single new word of dialogue or a single new image. I mean, why not allow painless choices thhat would increase the potential audience?

Reactions: Alvidas and Elkfood

Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
The 4th-wall breaking gets old pretty quick... it's not even like it's funny in the first place. The fact that I'm playing a game is just repeated ad nauseum.
and why not?

People don't like NTR because it makes the self-insert male MC look bad. They don't give a shit what happens to a female character, regardless if she's the MC or an NPC.

2.90 star(s) 29 Votes