4.10 star(s) 18 Votes

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
This dev still hasn't released the update for 0.4? He's definitely taking his Patrons for a ride.

I remember seeing a post that his update was due out in February. Yeah, yeah , I know about the Patreon debacle, but 3 months have passed. This dev is definitely milking the excuses now.

Also, I've noticed that he doesn't really respond to his Patrons on Patreon or his Discord channel. Bad sign. This game will be abandoned before long. Just watch.

Reactions: Gintoky

kazuum

Dec 13, 2022
This dev still hasn't released the update for 0.4? He's definitely taking his Patrons for a ride.

I remember seeing a post that his update was due out in February. Yeah, yeah , I know about the Patreon debacle, but 3 months have passed. This dev is definitely milking the excuses now.

Also, I've noticed that he doesn't really respond to his Patrons on Patreon or his Discord channel. Bad sign. This game will be abandoned before long. Just watch.
move on and stop trolling.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Or what? It's not trolling by the way if the first portion of my statement is a fact.
If a dev had to deal with Patreon forcing a rewrite of part of his story because Patreon changed their TOS/their enforcement of that TOS and then hit > 100 AVN creators with the news, then yes, I guess Every dev who had to respond to Patreon and make changes to save their creations is a milker and is intentionally delaying their next release... /s ;)

Yes - RL Does impact devs and Patreon, the purse holder, has the ability to put a dev under review (which they did to a number of devs I support, stopping Anyone from becoming a $ supporter while said review is underway) and well as outright ban them, ending all Patreon support.

You can talk about how badly a dev is treating his $ supporters - who are adults and can make their own decisions on how to spend their money - but it will change none of what I covered above.

If you actually support the dev with $, then the above would be known to you.

If you have chosen to Not support the dev with $, then you can wait patiently (or impatiently in your case) to take something for free, knowing that others are paying your way.

I'm looking forward to the next rev Whenever the dev feels it is ready for release.

Cheers!! :coffee:

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
If a dev had to deal with Patreon forcing a rewrite of part of his story because Patreon changed their TOS/their enforcement of that TOS and then hit > 100 AVN creators with the news, then yes, I guess Every dev who had to respond to Patreon and make changes to save their creations is a milker and is intentionally delaying their next release... /s ;)

Yes - RL Does impact devs and Patreon, the purse holder, has the ability to put a dev under review (which they did to a number of devs I support, stopping Anyone from becoming a $ supporter while said review is underway) and well as outright ban them, ending all Patreon support.

You can talk about how badly a dev is treating his $ supporters - who are adults and can make their own decisions on how to spend their money - but it will change none of what I covered above.

If you actually support the dev with $, then the above would be known to you.

If you have chosen to Not support the dev with $, then you can wait patiently (or impatiently in your case) to take something for free, knowing that others are paying your way.

I'm looking forward to the next rev Whenever the dev feels it is ready for release.

Well, it’s good to know the dev can rely on folks like you whom seem to lack standards.

The point I was trying to make is that this dev has made it perfectly clear that he/she is not a strong communicator. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I heard about the Patreon intervention and understand that re-writes have to take place, but MadKoala went months before making a post about it.

Good on you to “pay” for others. I used to be a supporter of MadKoala, but decided not to do it anymore given his/her gaps in communication.

Back to your narcissistic posting friend!

Cheers!

Reactions: Ubercock

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Well, it’s good to know the dev can rely on folks like you whom seem to lack standards.

The point I was trying to make is that this dev has made it perfectly clear that he/she is not a strong communicator. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I heard about the Patreon intervention and understand that re-writes have to take place, but MadKoala went months before making a post about it.

Good on you to “pay” for others. I used to be a supporter of MadKoala, but decided not to do it anymore given his/her gaps in communication.

Cheers!
I could forgive the Dev for not being timely in delivering content to supporter when dev is clearly part time and has another job. People have to survive and life happens.

What I find much harder to forgive is bending the knee and actually rewriting the story, Dev should have said good bye to Patreon and found an alternative. Especially if the money they were getting was just extra spending money and not actually paying their bills. The dev was small enough where he/she could have said bye to Patreon and told fans to support them on another platform.

People were supporting the dev expecting certain content, and now that content is not coming, all their money is down the drain. At least if the dev switched away from Patreon supporters could still get the content they wanted even if it was delivered a bit late. Now supporters money is just down the drain.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I could forgive the Dev for not being timely in delivering content to supporter when dev is clearly part time and has another job. People have to survive and life happens.

What I find much harder to forgive is bending the knee and actually rewriting the story, Dev should have said good bye to Patreon and found an alternative. Especially if the money they were getting was just extra spending money and not actually paying their bills. The dev was small enough where he/she could have said bye to Patreon and told fans to support them on another platform.

People were supporting the dev expecting certain content, and now that content is not coming, all their money is down the drain. At least if the dev switched away from Patreon supporters could still get the content they wanted even if it was delivered a bit late. Now supporters money is just down the drain.
I understand where you are coming from, but the challenge is to find an equivalent service to Patreon without their intrusion in to not just the dev's creation, but into F95, 3rd party patches and Discord.

Yeah - it has gotten Very intrusive.

I am waiting for SubscribeStar to approve this AVN - his application has been under review for ~ 8 weeks without approval (could be longer but I have been tracking it for 8 weeks).

Patreon's latest crusade pushed Many devs to add SS as an option and I don't think SS was staffed to begin to cover all the new requests.

One payment system that Patreon has (and is very popular) is PayPal.

SS does not have PayPal.

PayPal appears to be part of the driver for removing a whole host of AVNs with 'undesired' content.

Honestly, I think OnlyFans could create an AVN portal... pay a minor subscription fee (helps them defray the initial cost of setting up the servers and support team), then get Patreon-equivalent access to your AVNs.

They already have the payment infrastructure and age verification so ...

I could go on but that is too far OT.

For now, I hope SS approves this great AVN so those who do want to support with $$ can go to/shift to SS.

Reactions: DIRTY Filthy RAT

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

Cheers!
I have standards - they are just different than yours - and that is fine - as is a discussion that ends in agree to disagree.

As to the communication, it has been poor in the past, but the dev has been trying to improve it.

Did you note the progress tracker on page 1?

This gives the status of the latest upcoming release, and it is updated multiple times/week.

I think this is a good adaptation for a part time dev (and an adaptation I'd like to see more full time devs adapt, TBH).

As to labeling someone's post as narcissistic just because they disagree with you... interesting...

That is how you handle an adult disagreeing with you.. GL with that!

• Haha
Reactions: Ubercock

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
I have standards - they are just different than yours - and that is fine - as is a discussion that ends in agree to disagree.

As to the communication, it has been poor in the past, but the dev has been trying to improve it.

Did you note the progress tracker on page 1?

This gives the status of the latest upcoming release, and it is updated multiple times/week.

I think this is a good adaptation for a part time dev (and an adaptation I'd like to see more full time devs adapt, TBH).

As to labeling someone's post as narcissistic just because they disagree with you... interesting...

That is how you handle an adult disagreeing with you.. GL with that!

This comment from your previous post is what I'm referencing. It comes off snooty.

" If you have chosen to Not support the dev with $, then you can wait patiently (or impatiently in your case) to take something for free, knowing that others are paying your way. "

I saw the tracker on the OP. That proves my point. A dev shouldn't need a tracker in lieu of their inability to share progress with their supporters.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my book "How to Adult in 2024".

Cheers boyo!

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I agree.

The progress tracker shows 80% complete for coding and then 0% for testing.

This looks like there will be another release by next weekend!

Unfortunately not, the 14 days affirmation wasn't a typo, 4 days already passed and coding advanced only 10%. We have to wait more days then.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Unfortunately not, the 14 days affirmation wasn't a typo, 4 days already passed and coding advanced only 10%. We have to wait more days then.
Hey - hope springs eternal!

Better a quality release than a buggy one, especially since the dev had to rewrite multiple relationships from the very beginning of the AVN - all to appease the Patreon gods.

I hope that the new story still resonates with the viewer and, even better, if it is easily patched to restore the original relationships.

Cheers! :coffee:

Reactions: Dolphine_KIIV

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Hey - hope springs eternal!

Better a quality release than a buggy one, especially since the dev had to rewrite multiple relationships from the very beginning of the AVN - all to appease the Patreon gods.

I hope that the new story still resonates with the viewer and, even better, if it is easily patched to restore the original relationships.

Cheers! :coffee:
Also hope in new rework version her husband takes a permanent vaccation to another country or only has one way ticket so he can’t come back he can only call her and talk to her on the phone while she’s blowing or banging someone :love:

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes