4.10 star(s) 18 Votes

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
my experiences tell me, for a new game 3-4 months without updates.. abandoned is near
The dev is currently reworking some of his content due to the Patreon crusade against AVNs that include content they disapprove of.

This means that he needs to review the story from render 1 and make adjustments while trying to maintain a cohesive story that he will want to/be able to continue in the future.

For those who cannot wait here - there are MANY recent F95 releases that are play worthy.

I just hope that the dev can find a compromise with this AVN that allows him to satisfy Patreon and still inspire his creativity to continue this story.

I'm enjoying it and it would be quite unfortunate if he falls victim to this Patreon crusade.

If you have not heard - they are even checking Discord and demanding changes from devs who use Patreon as a service.

They have become VERY intrusive...

Cheers!! :coffee:

Herr Mannelig

Feb 25, 2022
The dev is currently reworking some of his content due to the Patreon crusade against AVNs that include content they disapprove of.

This means that he needs to review the story from render 1 and make adjustments while trying to maintain a cohesive story that he will want to/be able to continue in the future.

For those who cannot wait here - there are MANY recent F95 releases that are play worthy.

I just hope that the dev can find a compromise with this AVN that allows him to satisfy Patreon and still inspire his creativity to continue this story.

I'm enjoying it and it would be quite unfortunate if he falls victim to this Patreon crusade.

If you have not heard - they are even checking Discord and demanding changes from devs who use Patreon as a service.

this is why I much prefer subscribestar, I'm currently supporting this game on patreon but as soon as his subscribestar page is approved I'll move to support him there, I can't stand this constant censure

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
this is why I much prefer subscribestar, I'm currently supporting this game on patreon but as soon as his subscribestar page is approved I'll move to support him there, I can't stand this constant censure
I agree - I have been waiting for his SS review to be completed so that I can add him as one of the AVNs I support via SubscribeStar.

Sadly, it has been under review for at least 3 weeks and more likely > 1 month.

Mr. Bonkers

Apr 20, 2019
Cheers!!
What does Patreon not like?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
What does Patreon not like?
There was a link to the petition someone put online and sent to Patreon listing over 100 AVNs that were violating Patreon's TOS - for including topics like incest, sleep sex and more.

I did not bookmark the dev page where I first saw it but if I find it again, I will make note of it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The old adage about not putting all of one's eggs in one basket is very sound advice, particularly given what we now know about Patreon.

Last edited:

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
There was a link to the petition someone put online and sent to Patreon listing over 100 AVNs that were violating Patreon's TOS - for including topics like incest, sleep sex and more.

I did not bookmark the dev page where I first saw it but if I find it again, I will make note of it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The old adage about not putting all of one's eggs in one basket is very sound advice, particularly given what we now know about Patreon.

I personally have boycotted Patreon for years, and it's frustrating that devs are even bending the knee at all. People shouldn't even bother setting up a Patreon account In the first place, dev or supporters of the dev.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I personally have boycotted Patreon for years, and it's frustrating that devs are even bending the knee at all. People shouldn't even bother setting up a Patreon account In the first place, dev or supporters of the dev.
I am currently supporting a number of devs via Patreon but I have DM'ed each and checked if they are willing to add SubscribeStar, for example, and some have been.

It is possible that more would be given the impact of Patreon's latest crusade.

Two years ago, my support was about:

80% Patreon & 20% SubscribeStar

Now it is about:

30% Patreon & 70% SubscribeStar

If I can avoid Patreon, I do (and I am looking forward to driving that Patreon % down even further).

oktabitt

Dec 29, 2021
All we say at the start how promising is this game and now with this delay... what can I say,, I hope the will not dissapoint us.

Parkernfc

Aug 13, 2023
View attachment 3254151

Hello,

I wanted to provide an update regarding a recent development concerning the game's title. You might have noticed that the name has been changed from "Shadows of Deception" to "Echoes of Deception."

Recently, there was a discrepancy regarding the game's title, requesting for a name alteration. To avoid any potential disruptions, I've decided to go ahead with this change.

Rest assured; this adjustment will not affect the game's progress.

Your continuous support means a lot, and I genuinely appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for being part of this community and for your ongoing enthusiasm for the project.

Thank you!
Thanks mate, keep up the excellent work.

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
All we say at the start how promising is this game and now with this delay... what can I say,, I hope the will not dissapoint us.
Honestly the delay is forgivable, but Bending the knee to Patreon is less so. The dev comprised on the original vision for the story to play it safe ... When has that ever lead to a better final product? Taking out the spicier things replacing them with committee or ratings agency approved things? The story is going to be a shadow of what it could have been.

Several games have been delayed and still came out good.... but compromising story vision. Yeah I think this game is going dead.

Edger Sr.

Jul 11, 2023
This game doesn't have explicit incest right? Renaming is done through a third party mod. Then why would Peteron have any say in its content?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This game doesn't have explicit incest right? Renaming is done through a third party mod. Then why would Peteron have any say in its content?
Look who the patch was requested by and look who the dev is, hint, hint, it's the same person :whistle:

Also, something of interest most third-party patches is actually official and done that way because of Patreon....:whistle:

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
But its done on a different platform right?
Patreon are a bunch of nosey pig trash who read F95 for no other reason than to see what devs are doing. If I had enough privileges I would start a general discussion thread about how.. A) we as a community need a total boycott of Patreon both devs and users combined.

And B) F95 already requires sign up for Downloading games, it should require sign up for reading any game threads, seeing but not searching for game tags. and in the terms and conditions F95 should state that employees of Patreon are explicitly prohibited from having accounts on the site.

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes