Stousbige

Jul 2, 2017
So the tag for multiple endings is that just the good ending with all the girls and the death endings? or is there a way to pick just one of the girls or maybe a combination of them aside from all of them together potentially?

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
So the tag for multiple endings is that just the good ending with all the girls and the death endings? or is there a way to pick just one of the girls or maybe a combination of them aside from all of them together potentially?
i didn't do a single girl ending choice. next month, i'm working on the ending scene again, so i'll keep that in mind if you like. :) not sure how i'd do it, because that would be a twist on their relationships with him by the end, but... stranger things happen in the woods. perhaps the sequel will have more options for that kind of thing.

the current endings are the deaths along the way, a "final" death if you lose all your lives, and two happy endings. one with all the girls, and on with ALL the girls. :)

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
This is a fantastic game. Little bit grindy at times but the charecters and story kept me interested throughout. Kudos to the developers.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
This is a fantastic game. Little bit grindy at times but the charecters and story kept me interested throughout. Kudos to the developers.
i wish there was more than one of me! alas, i'm it... :)

p.s. thanks for your kindness. it cheered me up today!

Reactions: Punto

greggggggy

Nov 24, 2017
Genuinely decent story with a satisfying conclusion. Keep it up dude. Nice to see someone who is willing and able to write humorous dialogue.

Stousbige

Jul 2, 2017
i didn't do a single girl ending choice. next month, i'm working on the ending scene again, so i'll keep that in mind if you like. :) not sure how i'd do it, because that would be a twist on their relationships with him by the end, but... stranger things happen in the woods. perhaps the sequel will have more options for that kind of thing.

the current endings are the deaths along the way, a "final" death if you lose all your lives, and two happy endings. one with all the girls, and on with ALL the girls. :)
I mean that would be pretty awesome if you did at some point. Not that I'm complaining, I love what you get in the game as it is; for once in a game I actually really like every girl you meet in the game. Including the hobo girl even though the mc doesn't seem to much lol. I do still think having some single girl routes/endings would add a bit more variety to what you choose to do in the game. Say, after you defeat the guy at the end, sorry I've forgotten names since I last played, you could choose to either stay in the mansion with everyone, decide you are only interested in keeping the witch around, or move off with either one of or both the vampire and zombie since you already talk about them coming to your house or leaving the city to go with them at points in the dialogue anyway, etc, etc. I mean you've put in dialogue with each of the girls talking about what would happen after the curse is lifted to a point. it wouldn't seem like much of a stretch to me at least if towards the end the girls that aren't included in a particular ending decided to leave the woods and explore more of the world now that they could or something along those lines. I know it would defeat the point of the title, but maybe if you didn't shag the hag and just used her to help you lift the curse it would explain a route focused just on the zombie and vampire. That's all just ideas though. Its your game. You know the story best; I'm definitely happy if the game stays as it is! :)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I mean that would be pretty awesome if you did at some point. Not that I'm complaining, I love what you get in the game as it is; for once in a game I actually really like every girl you meet in the game. Including the hobo girl even though the mc doesn't seem to much lol. I do still think having some single girl routes/endings would add a bit more variety to what you choose to do in the game. Say, after you defeat the guy at the end, sorry I've forgotten names since I last played, you could choose to either stay in the mansion with everyone, decide you are only interested in keeping the witch around, or move off with either one of or both the vampire and zombie since you already talk about them coming to your house or leaving the city to go with them at points in the dialogue anyway, etc, etc. I mean you've put in dialogue with each of the girls talking about what would happen after the curse is lifted to a point. it wouldn't seem like much of a stretch to me at least if towards the end the girls that aren't included in a particular ending decided to leave the woods and explore more of the world now that they could or something along those lines. I know it would defeat the point of the title, but maybe if you didn't shag the hag and just used her to help you lift the curse it would explain a route focused just on the zombie and vampire. That's all just ideas though. Its your game. You know the story best; I'm definitely happy if the game stays as it is! :)
The hobo girl was literally only supposed to be a one-image meeting. I wasn't going to develop her much. And I did feel bad about how he treats her at the end, but I had a really dark sense of humour the night I was making that scene. In hindsight, I should've expanded her character a bit more, but she was literally only supposed to be a random encounter I thought people would forget about. Same with the jogger...

I agree with you on the different story options. I'm currently finishing The Penny Conspiracy, which I think will show you the kind of route I'm going to take with Shag the Hag 2. I'll be giving players a lot more freedom to pick their paths etc. and it's much more story-driven than Shag the Hag, which is what I kind of wanted in the beginning anyway.

I don't think I'll develop Shag the Hag much more than to open it up, primarily because I'm taking those ideas into Shag the Hag 2, which will be a LOT better. I had an idea for that which should please most people...

Essentially, what I hope to do is have expansions, so the first "game" has the first 1-2 main romantic interests, and the expansions will offer new characters with complete stories. I like complete stories. As it opens up, it should allow for more convoluted ideas and also let players harem or not, depending on their own individual choices.

With The Penny Conspiracy, part of what I'm playing with is the how to make both a negative AND a positive route seem compelling so that you don't feel as though you HAVE to choose the positive boring choice each time to get the girl/scene you want. Which is essentially what you are proposing/looking for in Shag the Hag 1 up there. :)

I feel the same way, basically.

TLDR: I can't wait to share the sequel! :p

Reactions: despot444 and 311

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
Currently playing this game, and I must say L8ERALgames that you wrote Nakita brilliantly. This is testament that you don't need a "perfect" body/face character to fell for it, but rather a well built narrative. Her dialogs are amazing, and I would love to have more of her in a prequel/sequel/expansion. Keep up your awesome work!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Currently playing this game, and I must say L8ERALgames that you wrote Nakita brilliantly. This is testament that you don't need a "perfect" body/face character to fell for it, but rather a well built narrative. Her dialogs are amazing, and I would love to have more of her in a prequel/sequel/expansion. Keep up your awesome work!
Thanks for the kind words. :)

I tried to give everyone a personality. I'm unsure what role she'll have in the sequel at this stage, but she'll definitely be there.

I'm hoping everyone likes Penny as much... :D

Reactions: Kondorito
4.40 star(s) 70 Votes