farmfamily

Aug 2, 2021
This might be the worst game I've ever played. I've spent at lleast 5 hours just going back and forth from the zombie to the vampire with no progress. I've started new games... but once I hit that point, it's just an infinite loop of working out/plying the gamebox... taking a walk, banging the zombie/vampire... Repeat.

I've played HUNDREDS of these Renpy-like games and developers run into the exact same issue.
There is no content to flesh out the game, so they make progress impossible, or they make it trigger on some random, unforeseeable path.

Just put SOMETHING in your game that will give the player an idea of what they should be working towards. Is that unreasonable to expect? IT's just frustrating when games with 10 minutes of content squeeze hours out of players by making progress incomprehensible.

TRUST ME!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BECAUSE THIS GAME HAS NO CONTENT AND THE DEVELOPER DOES NOT RESPECT YOUR TIME.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
This might be the worst game I've ever played. I've spent at lleast 5 hours just going back and forth from the zombie to the vampire with no progress. I've started new games... but once I hit that point, it's just an infinite loop of working out/plying the gamebox... taking a walk, banging the zombie/vampire... Repeat.

I've played HUNDREDS of these Renpy-like games and developers run into the exact same issue.
There is no content to flesh out the game, so they make progress impossible, or they make it trigger on some random, unforeseeable path.

Just put SOMETHING in your game that will give the player an idea of what they should be working towards. Is that unreasonable to expect? IT's just frustrating when games with 10 minutes of content squeeze hours out of players by making progress incomprehensible.

TRUST ME!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BECAUSE THIS GAME HAS NO CONTENT AND THE DEVELOPER DOES NOT RESPECT YOUR TIME.
The game has a lot more content than that considering the amount of us that have finished the game.

It tells you what you need to do to progress to the next character.

Reactions: hrimthyrs

farmfamily

Aug 2, 2021
The game has a lot more content than that considering the amount of us that have finished the game.

It tells you what you need to do to progress to the next character.
1. Riiiiight. I've read through this entire thread. Most folks have not finished THE WHOLE game... some have. That in itself is the most damning thing. This isn't Skyrim or some endless RPG with procedural quests. When MOST of the players fail to complete what is likely a reasonably short game, it either means the game is bad, or the pacing/progression is poor.

2. Your definition of "content" must differ from mine... and the general definition of the word. Repeating the exact same 3 or 4 screens 500 times before getting a single new dialogue option... then having to repeat those same screens 1000 more times to get another new option is not "content". It's disrespectful levels of padding to make a tiny game feel larger. And it utterly fails in that attempt.

This game could have been ten times better had all that padding just been stripped out, and each night played out differently/had something new to add.... rather than looping the same sequences for endlessly. This game 100% feels like the dev(s) had 10-15 minutes of REAL ACTUAL CONTENT, but they know that's not anywhere near enough to charge folks for. So they over-padded to the point where the content drip-feed is so anemic that it hurt the overall pacing and flow of the game, making what could have been a quick and fun mini-experience into a slog of project to get through. That's also why the game gives you no direction or purpose to anything. Because if the player knew what they were doing, how to do it, and how progression worked, it would prove this game is 90% padding and 10% content and that you just have to loop until the game decides it's time to give you another drop of "content"...

Again, I've played hundreds of these games and thousands of games in my lifetime, and never has a game been more padded, and given less direction for the sole purpose of making the game feel bigger than it is to justify the asking price/it's existence. If you enjoyed the game, I am glad for you. There are things this game goes well and there are elements to be enjoyed. But as a whole, this is one of the most boring and repetitive experiences I've ever had in nearly 40 years of gaming...

Last edited:

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
1. Riiiiight. I've read through this entire thread. Most folks have not finished THE WHOLE game... some have. That in itself is the most damning thing. This isn't Skyrim or some endless RPG with procedural quests. When MOST of the players fail to complete what is likely a reasonably short game, it either means the game is bad, or the pacing/progression is poor.

2. Your definition of "content" must differ from mine... and the general definition of the word. Repeating the exact same 3 or 4 screens 500 times before getting a single new dialogue option... then having to repeat those same screens 1000 more times to get another new option is not "content". It's disrespectful levels of padding to make a tiny game feel larger. And it utterly fails in that attempt.

This game could have been ten times better had all that padding just been stripped out, and each night played out differently/had something new to add.... rather than looping the same sequences for endlessly. This game 100% feels like the dev(s) had 10-15 minutes of REAL ACTUAL CONTENT, but they know that's not anywhere near enough to charge folks for. So they over-padded to the point where the content drip-feed is so anemic that it hurt the overall pacing and flow of the game, making what could have been a quick and fun mini-experience into a slog of project to get through. That's also why the game gives you no direction or purpose to anything. Because if the player knew what they were doing, how to do it, and how progression worked, it would prove this game is 90% padding and 10% content and that you just have to loop until the game decides it's time to give you another drop of "content"...

Again, I've played hundreds of these games and thousands of games in my lifetime, and never has a game been more padded, and given less direction for the sole purpose of making the game feel bigger than it is to justify the asking price/it's existence. If you enjoyed the game, I am glad for you. There are things this game goes well and there are elements to be enjoyed. But as a whole, this is one of the most boring and repetitive experiences I've ever had in nearly 40 years of gaming...
thanks for taking the time to create a new account to rage at me. i appreciate that. :)

i don't normally respond to these things, but one thing i wanted to respond to is: "...justify the asking price/it's existence."

this game is free. you paid nothing for it.

as for its existence, it was created as a learning project while i was learning how to create games in ren'py, and i was looking specifically at random events to create random moments to add colour to the experience rather than be a strict walkthrough from one night to the next as you'd expected. from my website: "With this game, I have tried to use as many random elements as possible. I thought this would make even repetitive tasks somewhat more interesting. As such, much of the dialogue is random and in some cases, no two adventures would be the same."

in short, this was an experiment in coding random events. when i released it as a completed game, i expected it to go unnoticed and disliked as i didn't think anyone would find the character models attractive to start with. but it's been a pelaseant surprise so far and i felt happy with my choices. you'll find my work is all a little... odd.

having said that, i only have around 40 supporters, so i'm also equally aware that my work is not everyone's taste.

overall, i care more than you think about my products and their quality. i like to think the writing and art speaks for itself, though i am the first to admit these things don't appeal to everybody. but there are also some people in the world who listen to justin bieber and love his music.

i also accept when i make mistakes, and feel releasing two games which weren't finished was a big mistake, especially given i lost the raw files to continue them thanks to a computer meltdown. i won't make that mistake again.

i understand you didn't like the genre of this game which is more akin to a trainer/open-world (lite) than anything else but it wasn't pretending to be anything it wasn't. there's plenty of games which do the same kind of thing (albeit in differing ways). so, welcome to f95zone. i hope you enjoy your stay.

at the end of the day, i welcome constructive feedback (i often wish i got more) and i hope you do, too. my feedback to you is: make a cup of tea and relax. your heart will suffer a lot if you spend your time on the internet raging spitefully and attacking people personally like this.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
In the interest of transparency, and maybe to help some peeps understand the challenges of creating games and art for the erotic sector, i'd like to share my "sales" figures from Itch:
1691804356378.png

This is the lifetime of sales, not a per month. This is total.

Moral of the story: Don't be an artist. Go to uni and get a good job.

Aug 25, 2023
Hey Dev, i have played Reconnect, gotta admit, it has one of the best art i have ever seen, the lines are pretty good too, i am pretty sure you would make more money if you have continued on that or start another one similar to it. Looking forward to your future games.

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Hey Dev, i have played Reconnect, gotta admit, it has one of the best art i have ever seen, the lines are pretty good too, i am pretty sure you would make more money if you have continued on that or start another one similar to it. Looking forward to your future games.
thanks! it's funny you say that. for some reason, reconnect just bounced up in downloads on itch:
1693037769664.png

i have no reason why.

1 person was even nice enough to pay me $2 for it.

i do plan to do more games like reconnect. i liked making it, tbh. i felt like making smaller games instead of large games would be more fun for me personally.

Aug 25, 2023
thanks! it's funny you say that. for some reason, reconnect just bounced up in downloads on itch:
View attachment 2879656

i have no reason why.

1 person was even nice enough to pay me $2 for it.

i do plan to do more games like reconnect. i liked making it, tbh. i felt like making smaller games instead of large games would be more fun for me personally.
Reconnect is trending on fapnation right now, that maybe the reason.
Still i feel like reconnects much better than shag the hag, but do whatever makes you happy, i can respect that. Good luck.

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
so far i got the Funny Zombie girl and Beauty Vampire the other girl who probably a cat didn't get her i don't know how to

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
so far i got the Funny Zombie girl and Beauty Vampire the other girl who probably a cat didn't get her i don't know how to
Before you can get the cat girl, you need to meet the hag.
You need to level up your stats, and your relationship with the girls. The latter will lead to progressing the story. You can check your progress in the Stats screen.

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
Before you can get the cat girl, you need to meet the hag.
You need to level up your stats, and your relationship with the girls. The latter will lead to progressing the story. You can check your progress in the Stats screen.
okamer thx

Reactions: PBS666

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
okamer thx
I've got the girl cat now, but now it won't let me see the vampire lady until I have shagged the hag,
and the zombie mumbles something about I got to eat and runs away from me.
Not sure how long this takes but it feels I'm getting nowhere fast with the old witch
as she simply doesn't want to shag.

Edit: Killed Elvis now 3x.

Anyone have advice on screwing the old witch?

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I've got the girl cat now, but now it won't let me see the vampire lady until I have shagged the hag,
Not sure how long this takes but it feels I'm getting nowhere fast with the old witch
All I can say is keep building up those relationship and stat points, night by night.

Reactions: StephanieD

Joncik_Ko

Dec 26, 2021

Edit: Killed Elvis now 3x.

Anyone have advice on screwing the old witch?
Unfortunatelly You have to be patient, and work night by night with Her...

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
So I've beat the game now by clicking the options. Yet there never was a frankenhooker in it

Franken.JPG

So how did people get a Frankenhooker? Was it something to do with the necromancer?

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
So I've beat the game now by clicking the options. Yet there never was a frankenhooker in it

View attachment 2922284

So how did people get a Frankenhooker? Was it something to do with the necromancer?
She shows up near the end of the game yes. You can meet her if you enter the necromancers lair through one of the upper windows. This option only appears if your stats are high enough.

4.40 star(s) 70 Votes