2.90 star(s) 9 Votes

NomoreFin

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Of course I could, if you're willing to spend a little more time and elaborate on the problems you've encountered).

I realize you don't have to, but it would really help me.

Otherwise - I didn't have feedback until about 0.0.6.5 and when I was able to fix it I managed to catch a huge number of fatal bugs, but of course not all of them.

Well, can you profit that you're working on the code to learn about ed screens, so the player don't end in random part of the code if he click outside of an imagebutton ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And also about d screens, so you don't pass your time showing and hiding part of the UI ?

The game is interesting, the art not bad, but there's way too many bugs and inconstancy. Like by example the succubus starting to intervene before you bounded by saying her name.

Reactions: bfc233

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Of course I could, if you're willing to spend a little more time and elaborate on the problems you've encountered).
Hmm... Isn't a screenshot of the city map, clearly showing a dialog that should have happened in front of the girls room, explicit enough ?

Like the map, and in fact any interactive parts outside of the menus, do not effectively stop the game, whoever would click somewhere else than in one of the few (not so obvious) buttons defined in those maps will make the game continue with a random scene.

More globally, following the links I provided, couple of 2 minutes of code try, would have also answered your question.

NomoreFin

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Hmm... Isn't a screenshot of the city map, clearly showing a dialog that should have happened in front of the girls room, explicit enough ?

Like the map, and in fact any interactive parts outside of the menus, do not effectively stop the game, whoever would click somewhere else than in one of the few (not so obvious) buttons defined in those maps will make the game continue with a random scene.

More globally, following the links I provided, couple of 2 minutes of code try, would have also answered your question.

Of course not.)
There are several ways in which the situation as on the screenshot can happen (I can think of at least two).
Or your succubus example you wrote about earlier - there are many scenes with this character, it will be easier for me to find the one where you have a problem if you describe the situation in more detail.
Also, your first post hints at more problems than you've described and I'm curious what exactly you're talking about.)

Again, I realize that you don't have to help me, but I'm developing the game alone, I don't have a lot of time and I'd like to spend it on adding new content rather than clicking through all the scenes with the succubus looking for a bug.)

About the UI issues - I agree.
I redid the code of its display in the last three updates and apparently did not take into account a number of problems.
So far you're the first person to post about it at all.

I don't know if it's important to you or not, but I put your links aside.
I will study them one of these days, when I will make a rough complete list of additions and fixes for version 0.0.8.3.p.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
There are several ways in which the situation as on the screenshot can happen (I can think of at least two).
*sigh*

Or your succubus example you wrote about earlier - there are many scenes with this character, it will be easier for me to find the one where you have a problem if you describe the situation in more detail.
Is "probably all of them" a valid enough answer ?
Until the moment I saw the bounding scene and read its dialog, her appearances only felt like her punctually poking Shaggy, what felt in tone with the only interaction he had with her at that time. So, I didn't keep track of where it happened since, at that time, it wasn't the obvious error it finally is.

Also, your first post hints at more problems than you've described and I'm curious what exactly you're talking about.)
Well, more than 3 weeks later I don't remember them all, but globally it can be summarized that way: "The code mostly do not effectively keep track of the actions, nor do it test if a mandatory one have been done or not, expecting that players will do what is expected and when it's expected, while the game itself give them free will to do most of the action in the order they want."
The one that is probably the most obvious, since I remember it, is the girls thanking you because you sold the van, but before you sold the van.

[...] rather than clicking through all the scenes with the succubus looking for a bug.)
Er... It's not how one debug a code...
You look at all the conditions that trigger her appearance, and ensure that they check that the "bounded with her" flag is raised. Globally speaking, and counting how spread in multiple files your code is, it's a task that need a tenth of minutes.

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
So 0.0.8.1? One update that came on December 4th will become public in April right?

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
>Mind control
>Velma and Daphne
>Demon wingwoman
Is the game about the demon girl giving you the ability to MC and rape Daphne and Velma? Because if so I'm all onboard!

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
NomoreFin After receiving letter and starting 'Season of the Witch' quest game soft locks and buttons disappear unless I use skip dialogue button and everything appears normally.

2.90 star(s) 9 Votes