3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
You say "But people's work is worth paying for ..." Isn't that supposed to be up to the player, if you're creating a game on Patreon and/or on F95Zone? The developer basically says "Pay up front, or you won't get any!" He's demanding to get paid for something the player has no idea whether it's worth paying up front for. So there's a difference. Just my two cents.
You have 6 (now 7) out of 10 chapters for free to find out if you like the game or not. And even if you do but still don't want/can't pay to play the full version, you can use cheat engine to unlock all. Maybe some people don't trust this software but for me, who has been using it for years for games like FIFA or NBA 2K, it was no problem at all.

Reactions: Led and ffive

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
No. It's not a Ren'Py game. The images and audio files are .dat files. Not .png or .mp3 files, for instance, so compressing would be, as far as I know, not possible.
Possible, but improbable. Ren'Py is an open-source engine, so unpacking and repacking is quite straightforward. Here some enterprising hacker would have to reverse-engineer whatever format this game uses and write their own unpacker and packer. Used to be a common enough activity during the days of 7-games-on-1-CD piracy, but those people were paid professionals, not horny enthusiasts.

• Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hordragg and Led

NewWanderer

Jul 4, 2021
You say "But people's work is worth paying for ..." Isn't that supposed to be up to the player, if you're creating a game on Patreon and/or on F95Zone? The developer basically says "Pay up front, or you won't get any!" He's demanding to get paid for something the player has no idea whether it's worth paying up front for. So there's a difference. Just my two cents.
I agree that it would be a smart marketing tool to let people at least try a product before having to buy the whole thing. In the videogames field it's actually common practice as it is on Patreon. Still, it's up to the developer to decide how to market his own games. It's up to the creator to decide whether even a small part of his work will be given away for free or not, and rightly so.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Shale Hill Secrets [v0.10.4] [Love-Joint] – COMPRESSED

Win v0.10.4 · · · (1.2 GiB :: 3.3 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
"Cheatcode:"

"galleryunlock": "All scenes in the Gallery have been unlocked!",
"galleryunlockfree": "All free scenes in the Gallery have been unlocked!",
"allepisodes": "All episodes have been unlocked!
"unlocksex": "All sex scenes will be available in the selected episode, regardless of previous choices.",
"ep5partymenu": "Quickly replay the Halloween party selecting any companion you want.",

Also use the Cheat Table to unlock the Patreon chapters and Platinum Bonus Scenes for all scenes.

Note - To use the "allepisodes" cheat - you need to create a new profile and start a new game - Then add the cheat code.

Added to the OP ;)
It says on the main menu "cheats" select it then enter them. Unless you use the CT it will only unlock normal gallery and Chapters 1-7.
For those who don't understand why cheats don't unlock normal gallery for chapters 8-10:
to solve this, on main menu screen, you need to select each chapter (8 to 10) individually, and for each selected chapter apply cheat "unlocksex".

Another unrelated note:
Btw, cheat "galleryunlockfree" doesn't work because the game makes it impossible to write the "free"after "galleryunlock".

Reactions: effninefivehuman

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
For those who don't understand why cheats don't unlock normal gallery for chapters 8-10:
to solve this, on main menu screen, you need to select each chapter (8 to 10) individually, and for each selected chapter apply cheat "unlocksex".

Another unrelated note:
Btw, cheat "galleryunlockfree" doesn't work because the game makes it impossible to write the "free"after "galleryunlock".
that's only been posted like a half a dozen times.

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
File size was starting to become an issue in Episode 10, so we did try reducing the animations resolution to help. We acknowledge it didn't look good enough (we did release a patch after release to up them slightly) - and we're still exploring ways to best resolve this.
Well a big part of why I like your game is because of the high quality renders and animations. I feel like lowering them could harm the reputation of your game. I would hate for you to sacrifice quality for file size. Perhaps you can look into splitting your game into parts if you feel it is too big.

Also, where is the patch to increase the animation quality? (I would like to see the improvement) Is it part of the new update on ITCH or it is a separate file on Patreon? [For Windows PC]

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well a big part of why I like your game is because of the high quality renders and animations. I feel like lowering them could harm the reputation of your game. I would hate for you to sacrifice quality for file size. Perhaps you can look into splitting your game into parts if you feel it is too big.

Also, where is the patch to increase the animation quality? (I would like to see the improvement) Is it part of the new update on ITCH or it is a separate file on Patreon? [For Windows PC]
The update on Itch is the same as here. v0.10.4 Win/v0.10.3 Mac. Don't believe it's out yet, could be wrong :sneaky:

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
The update on Itch is the same as here. v0.10.4 Win/v0.10.3 Mac. Don't believe it's out yet, could be wrong :sneaky:
I played v0.10.2 . So I was asking if the "patch" to improve the animation quality was part of the most recent ITCH update v0.10.4 or if it was a separate file posted only on Patreon.

I see on their Patreon page there was a post on Feb 16th about a "Quality Survey" so maybe it was discussed or posted there:

Not sure since it's locked. Although I am checking discord as I type this and don't see any mention of it there either.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I played v0.10.2 . So I was asking if the "patch" to improve the animation quality was part of the most recent ITCH update v0.10.4 or if it was a separate file posted only on Patreon.

I see on their Patreon page there was a post on Feb 16th about a "Quality Survey" so maybe it was discussed or posted there:

Not sure since it's locked. Although I am checking discord as I type this and don't see any mention of it there either.

Honestly, I have noticed anything, everything seemed top-notch to me, but then again maybe I don't have as high as expectations of others for animations, I thought what happened at the end of Chapter 10 was purrrrrrrrrttttyyyy hot :love:

So, if there was any wonkiness' I didn't notice :giggle:

Surprised you didn't' get v0.10.4 to play with the extras though, unless the latest platinum was with v0.10.2.

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021

Just passing by to give you guys a little update on the development of the next installment of Shale Hill Secrets. Despite the peaceful ending we had in the last episode, we had our dose of love, mystery, and adventure. We mean, MC and Leah put up an Ocean Eleven’s style heist, right?

Anyway, putting our moments of happiness aside, we know that mystery and danger are still looming in the air. All those people in the basement with Alexis, amongst other weird stuff… Things keep escalating and something must be done to put an end to all the crazy shit that is going on in Shale Hill.

Well, we don’t like spoilers - and we believe you guys don’t love them either. So, we don’t think we should talk much about what’s going to happen in the next episode. Just know that Episode 11 is on the way and everything is developing as planned. Stay tuned!

All the best,
The Love-Joint Team.

bob69696

Aug 14, 2019
You have 6 (now 7) out of 10 chapters for free to find out if you like the game or not. And even if you do but still don't want/can't pay to play the full version, you can use cheat engine to unlock all. Maybe some people don't trust this software but for me, who has been using it for years for games like FIFA or NBA 2K, it was no problem at all.
care to explain cheat engine then? just saying you can easily bypass things without ever explaining how isn't helpful if you've never used a tool in the first place.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes