slick97

Dec 2, 2021
lol. lmao even.
Who would have imagined that a mind control game called "shattered minds" would involve mental disorders.
Do you think a game called "orc rapist" should include trigger warnings for rape?

Plus trigger warnings are stupid:
Seems like I triggered you enough to get worked up for a warning not even intended for you since you claim you don't need one. Or perhaps you want to show everyone how much of a "tough guy" you are?

Regardless, the warning is there for anyone who needs/wants it. If someone doesn't need it then great, move on and enjoy the game. If what I outlined might upset someone then they'll be informed when choosing whether to play or not. If my warning upsets someone then IDK what else to say other than you probably shouldn't be on this forum given the lack of maturity.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
To bad there is no romance path for any of the girls, mind break is not my type of game.
Technically you can romance them after breaking them. Or, at least, switch their personality so that they love you like a girlfriend rather than serve you like a slave.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Idk man, it's added unnecessary tedium and bloat to every other game i've played with it but i'll take ur advice and DL it anyway. I really hope ur not screwing with me

EDIT: Ofc you were screwing with me. The open world/sandbox adds nothing to the game. Thanks for nothing
It does add something. It adds the order you can go about things and possibly completely ignore if you want. Is it preferable to a VN, maybe not, but it has it benefits no matter how much you despise those type of games.
The main thing the sandbox adds is allowing the player to determine what order to chase after women in.

The problem is, that's an advantage that pays off more once the game is finished and every quest line is complete, giving you more flexibility to jump around. During development, when you can only play out the quest lines that are already finished, it's a bit more limited.

The only real downside is the grind for making money to buy necessary items - but you can always save scum blackjack on your computer so it's not really a major issue. The grind is usually what makes other sandbox games unbearable.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
The main thing the sandbox adds is allowing the player to determine what order to chase after women in.

The problem is, that's an advantage that pays off more once the game is finished and every quest line is complete, giving you more flexibility to jump around. During development, when you can only play out the quest lines that are already finished, it's a bit more limited.

The only real downside is the grind for making money to buy necessary items - but you can always save scum blackjack on your computer so it's not really a major issue. The grind is usually what makes other sandbox games unbearable.
Another benefit to sandbox games is expandability. Sandbox games usually end up having a fuck ton more content over a standard VN.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Another benefit to sandbox games is expandability. Sandbox games usually end up having a fuck ton more content over a standard VN.
True, but again that's an advantage that's easier to appreciate if you're looking at the game towards the end of the development cycle moreso than if you're just following along as it goes. It's easy to understand how some people might not care about that sort of thing if they're following along every early access update as they come out.

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Technically you can romance them after breaking them. Or, at least, switch their personality so that they love you like a girlfriend rather than serve you like a slave.
Just like fake pregnancy I hate fake romance, mind breaking breaks it for me.
You are forcing your will over others and its fake.

I was going with the new girl and it seemed to be going a romance way and then bam, mind break.

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
Seems like I triggered you enough to get worked up for a warning not even intended for you since you claim you don't need one. Or perhaps you want to show everyone how much of a "tough guy" you are?

Regardless, the warning is there for anyone who needs/wants it. If someone doesn't need it then great, move on and enjoy the game. If what I outlined might upset someone then they'll be informed when choosing whether to play or not. If my warning upsets someone then IDK what else to say other than you probably shouldn't be on this forum given the lack of maturity.
I, for one, think you make a valid and mature point. After the Eleanor date, the next morning when she's flip flopping back and forth between a nympho and somebody deeply disturbed, was a bit shocking. But then I fixed her so all is well. BTW, I call her Cocksucker and she calls me CuntBuster. :cool:

Reactions: slick97

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018

I was going with the new girl and it seemed to be going a romance way and then bam, mind break.
It's called Shattered Minds for a reason. The MC is going to fuck some people up. Look at what the MC did to Kobe. He's turned him into a cuck for christ sake. No telling what the DEV has planned in his deviant mind. No offense eXtasy Games, but I sure want to find out.

Delete the game and move on. Easy peasy, lemon squeesy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AkaQ and daz2510

Crossfire260

Aug 6, 2020
It's called Shattered Minds for a reason. The MC is going to fuck some people up. Look at what the MC did to Kobe. He's turned him into a cuck for christ sake. No telling what the DEV has planned in his deviant mind. But I sure want to find out.

Delete the game and move on. Easy peasy, lemon squeesy.
He also has the option to turn his best friend who he's known for years into a girl and corrupt his mother in the process. So yeah this game ain't meant for white knights.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020

Every excuse ya'll give for sandbox can be answered with a gallery. Idk what the point of sandbox AVNs is when galleries are available

• Angry
Reactions: Bronzescorpion

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Every excuse ya'll give for sandbox can be answered with a gallery. Idk what the point of sandbox AVNs is when galleries are available
Some plots are written around a sandbox element, especially if the dev is incorporating several subplots into one overarching plot. It gives the dev creative freedom to add/expand/complete characters that they feel motivated working on, and allows the player to pursue LIs they personally find interesting.

We already have 5 LIs (6 if you count Ava) in just the beginning phases: Sofia, Chloe, Scarlett, Sarah (completed), and Eleanor (completed). Bill and Linda are newer additions, and agent Adams looks like she's also going to be an addition as well. Luna is another one to get some attention in a few versions from now, so all of these LIs would make a more linear style of storytelling difficult to pace.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Some plots are written around a sandbox element, especially if the dev is incorporating several subplots into one overarching plot. It gives the dev creative freedom to add/expand/complete characters that they feel motivated working on, and allows the player to pursue LIs they personally find interesting.

We already have 5 LIs (6 if you count Ava) in just the beginning phases: Sofia, Chloe, Scarlett, Sarah (completed), and Eleanor (completed). Bill and Linda are newer additions, and agent Adams looks like she's also going to be an addition as well. Luna is another one to get some attention in a few versions from now, so all of these LIs would make a more linear style of storytelling difficult to pace.
You don't need sandbox to have a non-kinetic novel plot. Several games on this site aren't sandbox but allow you to mix and match LIs at your leisure (with reasonable limits, depending on the game). Sandbox seems less interconnected than non-sandbox to me, even without mentioning all my previous complaints

Last edited:

tsukino_kage

Mar 31, 2018

At this point it just feels like you're complaining just to complain. The author never hid the fact that he was into the dark stuff.

Apr 18, 2022
None of the reasons he gave could be answered by a gallery. Wtf are you on about? Seems to me that you just don't like sandboxes, which is fine, but it is rather silly to not address the points raised and just talk about something else. Then you are just stating your own preference for no real reason.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
the gallery isn't a substitute for a VN in a real game. it's just a collection of scenes.
and usualy it don't include the ones relevant to me. [story progression]
if you want [only] a gallery you don't want a game. and if you don't want a game you don't want any sort of gameplay.

this game isn't for you. it's crystalline clear.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
At this point it just feels like you're complaining just to complain. The author never hid the fact that he was into the dark stuff.
That was a reply to the other poster.
The girl was already into MC and there really was no reason to break her mind, maybe a little push to have sex is all that was needed. But no you are forced to break her mind when just a little push would have been enough.
You may like fake romance and fake pregnancy but I do not.

You don't have to worry about it, its already in the trashcan anyway.

Calling them LI's is just wrong, they are mindless servants and nothing more, yes you can program to "ACT" like they are but there not. You control every aspect of there lives after you break there minds.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Calling them LI's is just wrong, they are mindless servants and nothing more, yes you can program to "ACT" like they are but there not. You control every aspect of there lives after you break there minds.

• Angry
Reactions: daz2510 and AkaQ
3.70 star(s) 85 Votes