RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If this game has been out for only a year, I can only congratulate the developer for his hard work. Some 4-years don't have as much content as we have here. Also, writing is soooo good. Can't forget how choices really matter also, it gives me that GGGB vibe. One of the best H games I've played.

What do you mean by that? I think Ren'Py is quite a simple engine. Can't you just make it that different models are displayed depending on whether we made some "Decision X"?
It takes too much time.
Yeda already answered that just a few posts ago.

I tried to experiment with the animation once, and came to the conclusion that anything fewer than 16 frames per second looks sloppy, and choppy, and really breaks the immersion. But sixteen full frames mean whole two (sometimes even three) days of rendering for me, and I'd rather spend them making sixteen actual different scenes, cause adding one or two seconds of animation per update is kinda useless, I'm sure you would agree

NotYourBiznes

Apr 2, 2019
Depends if you want to wait twice as long for updates?
It takes too much time.
Yeda already answered that just a few posts ago.
It's not impossible then. I feel like you put some words into my mouth that were never there. I din't ask to make a bimbo model. I asked why it was outside of his capabilities. Turns out it isn't, it'd just give him 2 times more work. Again, I'm not telling him to do it. Just wanted a specific answer.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I didn't put words in your mouth. I simply pointed you to a post of Yeda where she answered a similar question to what you asked. :cool:

perles75

May 16, 2020
I have an incredibly stupid question: are there any drawbacks in downloading the compressed version (e.g. do we lose anything in content, image resolution, etc.)?
Just wondering why one should download the uncompressed version if there is the compressed one :LOL:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I have an incredibly stupid question: are there any drawbacks in downloading the compressed version (e.g. do we lose anything in content, image resolution, etc.)?
Just wondering why one should download the uncompressed version if there is the compressed one :LOL:
Depending on how the compression was done, image quality may drop significently, sound may be further compressed and, since these compressions are made by amateurs (not intended as a slur) there are often missing images or, in extreme cases, game breaking errors not present in the full version. By all means download the compressed version if space is an issue but don't complain if you encounter problems, especially as most compressors include a warning in their posts :)

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
It's exactly the same, but the pictures are in lower quality webp format, instead of png.

Reactions: perles75

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Hi,

got an error loading the game in the newest version :

While loading <'Image' u'gui/shattered_menu.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image u'gui/shattered_menu.png': NotImplementedError('Could not import pygame_sdl2.image: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.',)

Checked the image. It exist and is loadable with windows paint. Traceback is attached.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Hi,

got an error loading the game in the newest version :

While loading <'Image' u'gui/shattered_menu.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image u'gui/shattered_menu.png': NotImplementedError('Could not import pygame_sdl2.image: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.',)

Checked the image. It exist and is loadable with windows paint. Traceback is attached.
This is an error that was already mentioned in this thread at some point, and as far as I'm aware this is not an issue with the game. You probably have 64 bit Python libraries, while RenPy is 32 bit. If Internet is correct, you need to install or some other 32 bit Python extension.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
YedaGames , Thanks for having me see the sun rise this morning while I was engrossed in the new update. I play 6 saves and each of those paths show me new branches in the story that I did not encounter in the other run-throughs. I checked the images file and found that even then, I have missed 2 or 3 other scenes. Amazing story content! Only one of my saves ended in error. When Blake is taking the two-fer, the choice selection did not show up and then Blake was in the alley at the end instead. Weird. Did not happen during the 3 or 4 other times I played through that scene.

In the future, do you think that you could add a selectable icon that opens a menu that reminds us of what Blake path we are on. (I have not kept notes, so my current paths are all over the place I am sure.) Maybe even giving us updates on what characters we have affinity with. Eventually I will play following the walkthrough, but dislike jumping back and forth. I know....more work. Maybe allowing us to name our saves? Wouldn't have to build a graphics page that way.

Once again, this is one fantastic creation. Others have tried to branch stories out and have failed. Most quit. Others have reigned in their ideas significantly. I applaud you for keeping all of this together. Cheers!

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Thank you very much :)
Especially for telling me about that bug, looks like I've missed it.
Maybe allowing us to name our saves? Wouldn't have to build a graphics page that way.
This function is already implemented! Choose the «Current save name» option on the save screen, write whatever, then select the slot.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
Thank you very much :)
Especially for telling me about that bug, looks like I've missed it.

This function is already implemented! Choose the «Current save name» option on the save screen, write whatever, then select the slot.
I see it. Sorry that I brought it up. I'm too far in to know exactly what road I have traveled. HA! I assume about what I have done but you know what that leads to. May just have to restart to get things in order. Also meant to say that the action scenes are as tantalizing as ever.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Thank you for a detailed post, as always, I think I spent more time reading it, than writing some of my scenes, ha! Yeah, I completely forgot about some of the inconsistencies you've mentioned. You really should play the demos :)

One thing I have to say about the conditions of certain scenes. The hidden ones are supposed to be that, well, hidden. Cause they're secrets with no influence on the story, just some small bonuses for people who play every single route.
And as for Tanya: she's a boss lady. You must have at least some balls to tell her what you want her to do.

Last edited:

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
This is an error that was already mentioned in this thread at some point, and as far as I'm aware this is not an issue with the game. You probably have 64 bit Python libraries, while RenPy is 32 bit. If Internet is correct, you need to install or some other 32 bit Python extension.
Don't think that's the problem, because every other RenPy game got no problem - Only "Shattered" crashes and that's only with version 0.10. The version 0.9 does not crash.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
This is bizarre. Because I didn't change anything in v0.10: neither my RenPy version, nor anything related to the script. I stopped archiving the images though.

4.30 star(s) 62 Votes