Others Partial Shihai no Kyoudan 2, v0.2.3

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
芳乃:
「やっぱり乳首ダメぇっ! んっああァッ、アアぁっ!\n 離してっ、お願いっ……! ひぁああッ!」
"Yappari chikubi damee!" (and then some other stuff)

The cursed word "dame" once again rears its ugly head.
In this scene, the MC is tugging her nipples as he forces her to ride on top of him in cowgirl position. He's messing with her by pulling really hard and she's freaking out like "AHHHH OH MY GOD NOT MY NIPPLES" but then I get this weird configuration where she says "Just as I thought" "Nipples are bad" which roughly comes out to mean "I knew it, it's bad when you (pull/mess with) my nipples (because I can't handle it [or some other unnamed reason])!" But there's no way in hell I'm putting that in.

So now I'm like, fuck, how do I translate this simple sentence (which is voiced, so I feel like I have less leeway), into a roughly similarly simple sentence in English? I want to bang my head on the wall

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Hmm going over my lines, I'm wondering if I made good choices in some of my word selections...
And a lot of times I feel like I did
:cool:

Reactions: Equalitas

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Hmm I might put out a patch earlier than I planned. It'll probably have the basic ending without any of the extra scenes you get after completing the girl's main route, and also without the pregnancy/marriage scenes, and no inserted line breaks (which means it'll be really off-putting to read). This gives me a bone to throw at people and also lets me get some feedback on everything I've been working on so far. Not sure how soon I can get this done, hmm...

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Hmmm concerned about consistency. There's a sunset motif at several points in Yoshino's route, but it might just be a coincidence... hmm.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
REEEEEEEEEEE
I HATE TRANSLATING "DAME" I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT
IT'S LIKE A MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST WHERE ALL THE ANSWERS ARE WRONG
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Claiy

Feb 26, 2018
Oh yeah it's one of those that changes a lot based on context and tone right.

From "No" to "stop this" or almost an insult if the tone is harsh enough, and so on ...

Not much i can say besides cheering you on.
I'm replaying the first shihai no kyoudan the nurse route is comedy gold.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Oh yeah it's one of those that changes a lot based on context and tone right.

From "No" to "stop this" or almost an insult if the tone is harsh enough, and so on ...

Not much i can say besides cheering you on.
I'm replaying the first shihai no kyoudan the nurse route is comedy gold.
ayy thanks for the cheers

I would say "dame" is consistent in its own language, it roughly means "bad" or "not good"
It's just that in english, we use different words in a lot of situations where you might just say "dame" in Japanese.
Interestingly, the english word "no" is similar in that it translates into various things in Japanese.

In the Matrix, Neo says "No" in this scene towards the end of the film. I like to imagine En-Jp translators were slamming their heads on their desks here.
"iie" (negative reply to a yes-no question)
"chigau" (different, as in "different [from reality]"/"You're wrong")
"kotowaru" (I refuse)

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Hmm having trouble focusing recently. Seems like whole fam is kinda tired all the time. Fucking covid I guess grumble

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
One of these days, I'm gonna put together a compendium of repeated words/phrases so I can just direct-translate them and show everyone how repetitive some of this stuff is! Madge

Reactions: geschirt

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
淫らな - "midara(na)" usually referring to appearance, seems to be used a lot for that way people look when you walk in on them having sex, but without the awkward part. I've been using various words like "disheveled" to translate, but I was going through some h-manga and found "sloppy." It's a little unexpected, because sloppy doesn't always have this type of meaning, but it works pretty well in context.

tfw reading around and find a nice translation for a troublesome word :D
tfw going back and editing all instances of the word D:

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
So I have some ~50 pages of a google doc that I'm mostly finished with, doing a double-check on everything before I insert the text. Curious about whether I should just speedreed and only focus on format or try rewording some things along the way... hmm. I will almost definitely play through the full route anyways to check for things like continuity errors or odd phrasing/tone issues, but it helps a little bit to get things right the first time around.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
So I have some ~50 pages of a google doc that I'm mostly finished with, doing a double-check on everything before I insert the text. Curious about whether I should just speedreed and only focus on format or try rewording some things along the way... hmm. I will almost definitely play through the full route anyways to check for things like continuity errors or odd phrasing/tone issues, but it helps a little bit to get things right the first time around.
ugh, letting it build up to 50 pages was a mistake ;-;

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
芳乃「こ、これっ……! あぅううンッ、うぅううっ……!\n 中に来ないのっ、んはぁアアッ! あふぅうん!\n 精液っ、ないのっ、ダメぇぇっ!」
Yoshino: "ko, kore... ! auuun, uuuu... ! naka ni konai no, nhaaaa! afuun! seieki, nai no, dameeee!

so after a buttfuck, MC puts on a condom for the first time in his life, but now the girl is addicted to getting nakadashi'd by that thicc dick and "her body is aching for nakadashi" but because there's this dumb condom blocking all the semen, her body shows signs of frustration, but she's also still stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that she's now a sex addict and all she knows is that she really, really wants his cum to blast out into her babymaker. But she can't actually say that she wants that, she just knows she doesn't not want that. This is a really long explanation for why I've been banging my head on the wall to try and translate that three-word sentence at the end.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
I thought there would be a more gradual transition from o-chinchin to maybe just chinchin to chinpo or chinko.
Nope, there was none of that, it was just ochinchin straight to chinpo.
Bullet dodged, whew.
Now I gotta hunt down those stupid lines where I wrote it as wee-wee, if I didn't kill them yet.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Keep getting distracted by news. Got some Ukrainian friends so I feel like I have some personal stake in the war over there. Hmm.