Others Partial Shihai no Kyoudan 2, v0.2.3

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Finished most of Yoshino's route. There's 3 extra scenes and then the pregnant scene and then the post-birth scene. I'm gonna release a sort of pre-patch tomorrow, it'll be kinda shitty because I didn't proofread it yet and it's missing line breaks, but it's something I can show you guys. I have no idea how long it'll take to edit the line breaks and all the stupid little phrasings I don't like anymore, I'm gonna guess a few days.
I'm probably not gonna put it on the front page of the thread, it'll just be here at the end for anyone interested or those who can't wait.

Reactions: geschirt

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
v0.1.2
waow :O

although I recommend you wait for v0.2.1, which I'll try to get done by next week

Reactions: samory

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
I've been working on this shit forever and I still have no idea whether I should get rid of these uwu's

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Wow, I missed three lines in the first scene ;-;
I'm going line by line, reviewing and rephrasing things here and there, and inserting line breaks into ~70% of every line. It's going to take awhile, but it's definitely still faster than actually translating it all again. I'm predicting a minimum of one week to finish everything I have so far.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
yo just downloaded the patch it looks pretty clean so far
Good! There's a few lines I forgot to translate, I put them off for later a long time ago and forgot about them until I started rereading everything, I think I got all of them fixed so far.

Also, it's gonna take me more than one week to clean everything. I'm doing more editing/rewriting than I thought I would, which is good for quality but it's taking time.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Identified a few issues with some text -
-english keyboard ~ floats too high, also looks kinda sad. I've replaced all instances of it with the japanese keyboard ~
-japanese ~ is too long and clips into the character after it, I gotta experiment to find a good number of spaces to insert after one.
-the single-character form of ... (ellipses) float too high. For the moment I've manually replaced them all with three regular dots.
-Occasionally the character limit for a single line will go to 65 instead of the normal 64, which I've tried to abuse but I'm not sure how it works. Some line breaks will appear one character late, which is really annoying.

Search/replacing large-scale is a pain in the ass because half the text needs to remain untouched for the text packer to work. Made a couple dumb mistakes already, yay!
Anyways, now that it's been a week, I can guarantee this shit will take at least another week

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
On a whim, I went and re-entered some of the edited and cleaned text back into the game and good lord it was bad. Sometimes the character limit per line would force letters to the next line and other times it just wouldn't. The code for a line break apparently counts as a character, and originally I thought it would be simple to just not have a line break and let the character get forced to the next line, but then it wouldn't. I'm sort of forced to hard cut the character limit by one to make room for a line break insert.
Now I gotta go and fix everything I did so far :WutFace::WutFace::WutFace:
(It's actually not too bad since I'm just focusing on the line breaks this time)
I also managed to fix the issue with the ~ clipping into the next character, one extra space seems fine. There is one thing I don't like, which is that the heart icons are a little too close to the character after it, I think I'll have to throw in a space after those as well.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
I keep running into these notes I forgot to delete. I bet somebody's wondering what all these mysterious numbers mean lol

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
took a few days off to grind some Action Taimanin. Kind of bizarre that Kurenai is hotter in that game than in her own title game, hmm. I gotta slow down with that game because I used Asagi with the butterfly weapon to cheese the new event boss and now my arm is killing me.
I'm gonna try and release a proper patch within the next two weeks, I was never planning to take longer than a month just to edit but here we are, smh

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Aight there's some bizarre phenomenon where quotation marks clip into the next character. I have to write quoted lines" like this" and then for some reason everything aligns perfectly. sigh

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
suddenly discovering there's two versions of quotation marks in the text ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Now I gotta sort those out...

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Aight it's been two weeks. I'm not done Dx
I have no idea what I did but my shoulder hurts like a motherfucker. It feels worst when I'm on the computer, but don't tell my boss so my work injury claim goes through. I've been delaying a bit because of that.
I don't wanna promise anything, but the end of this week... maybe.
I'm almost done inserting line breaks and doing some editing etc. but I haven't been able to proofread. I really wanna proofread after reading my own shit for a month. If I push I think I can finish line breaks by the day after tomorrow, but I have no idea how long proofing will take (assuming I did a decent job editing up til now, I should just be zooming through the dialogue until I see something weird or broken).
The end of this week!! ... hopefully

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Aight I got guests over and it's hard to work on this while they're here.
I can't proofread and I'm literally skulking over at my computer in the middle of the night to edit, so here's

* v0.1.3 * wow! line breaks are done! Almost!

I'll proofread it in the upcoming week, I promise! DX

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
Wow I must've been super checked out by the end because like 1/10 of the lines in the last scene I did are just not done correctly lol
I also skipped over ~half a scene early on by accident. Oops!

It's been interesting to do line breaks because I have no idea how I ought to break up a line. It's kind of an aesthetic thing, but it's weird when you have a whole-ass sentence on the first line and then one word in the next line, or ending sentences in the middle of a line when you might be able to jam one sentence into one line. I tried to line break at the end of sentence or on one of the commas, but then you get these odd paragraph shapes where it's long-short-long, or medium-long-short. I gave up on most of those, although sometimes I moved the line break a little bit to make the shape even, such as changing a medium-long-short shape into a medium-medium-medium shape.
There's a number of instances where I filled up the character limit and I had no choice, so I just threw in the line breaks where they fit, and other times I went over the character limit and I have to reread the whole thing to see which words can be cut, which words can be shortened, etc. because I can't insert entire new lines into a scene.

S4MU3L

Feb 3, 2020
FINALLY, IT IS HERE. MOST OF YOSHINO'S ROUTE. WITH LINE BREAKS AND EDITS.
There's also a curious thing that happens where the game will randomly change focus to Yoshino's legs. I don't think it's supposed to do that, or if that's my fault somehow :[ hmm.

If anyone finds any typos or line break issues, please post them here as a screenshot or very precisely typed quote.